@Browns - Thursday Night Football

bobobonators

Heard on WGR that RB Ronnie Wingo has been elevated from the Practice Squad to the Active Roster. Not sure who has been waived to make room.

I heard it differently; just that he would "travel with the team" to Cleveland in case the Bills choose to activate him.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dumb question, is this game available on local tv in Rochester? A buddy of mine who works in television said he thought the NFL Network would sometimes negotiate with the teams' home networks to simulcast the Thursday night game.

Bucky Brooks@BuckyBrooks8m

Film room: the All-22 reveals a @browns D that's talented, nasty ad aggressive. Here's what else I discovered: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000254189/article/cleveland-browns-defense-stifling-opponents-under-ray-horton

Good stuff! The sack given up by Minnesota's left tackle doesn't happen against Glenn. And the sack from the right side of the formation is iffy against Buffalo's offensive line. Minnesota's offensive line looks awful this year. I think that's part of AP problem too. This Browns D is pretty good, but I still think Buffalo's improving offense is going to score.

On the other side, their offense looks average at best. I can't help thinking that the big story in this game is not going to be about the Cleveland D, because it will be the Buffalo D that steals the show.

comments

Cleveland and Buffalo, mirror images of each other, share a passion for their teams despite the heartache

http://www.cleveland...o_mirror_i.html

Beware of photo of Trent Edwards being sacked in a snowstorm upon opening of link.

Good stuff! The sack given up by Minnesota's left tackle doesn't happen against Glenn. And the sack from the right side of the formation is iffy against Buffalo's offensive line. Minnesota's offensive line looks awful this year. I think that's part of AP problem too. This Browns D is pretty good, but I still think Buffalo's improving offense is going to score.

On the other side, their offense looks average at best. I can't help thinking that the big story in this game is not going to be about the Cleveland D, because it will be the Buffalo D that steals the show.

The Cleveland defense sounds like the 1985 Bears based on what they are saying this week nationally and locally. Here in Ohio, they haven't said a word about the Bills in relation to the game, they are only talking about the other side and the Bills are the team they just happen to be playing this week. I am sure no one here has seen a Bills game this season or could name a player on the team unless they play FF. The D scares me as does Gordon and Cameron - plus you never know about McGahee, he was good last year for Denver. Edited by YoloInTheBlo

I say lets come out slinging the football. Lets open up this offense!

I think the Bills are going to keep running the ball. This week, instead of CJ and Fred it'll be Fred and Tashard. Oh, they will pass, but this offense has a run first mentality. Hopefully some of those deep passes finally start to connect. And I've been pretty impressed with EJ's play action fakes. This up tempo is all about wearing down the opposing defense. I just don't see them moving too far away from that mentality. Get the defense tired and run right at them.

Did anyone listen to Fred Jackson wired for sound against the Ravens yet? Good stuff.

Linky

Edited by Rockinon

I think the Bills are going to keep running the ball. This week, instead of CJ and Fred it'll be Fred and Tashard. Oh, they will pass, but this offense has a run first mentality. Hopefully some of those deep passes finally start to connect. And I've been pretty impressed with EJ's play action fakes. This up tempo is all about wearing down the opposing defense. I just don't see them moving too far away from that mentality. Get the defense tired and run right at them.

It doesn't look like the Browns D has played an up tempo offense this year...