@Browns - Thursday Night Football

bobobonators

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I first read this, thought you said it was letdown for the Bills. I thought - no way, Bills won't look at it that way because it is on the road. But the other way - yes, I can see that. Not sold on Hoyer. He has some decent weapons in Cameron and Gordon, but Gordon is a knucklehead and on the trading block and Cameron is a rookie. You never know what will happen with their performances.

Gordon is not on the trading block and if he is, we should go after him. The guy is very talented. and we could use one more wideout.

Gordon is not on the trading block and if he is, we should go after him. The guy is very talented. and we could use one more wideout.

He is absolutely on the trading block. Chud denies it but trust me Banner calls all the shots regardless of his title. Browns are dangling him but want a 1st or high second. The problem is that he is an off the field headcase.

http://espn.go.com/n...tle-source-says

Edited by YoloInTheBlo

Just like I said about the Jets game, easy win!

Ha - as soon as the trade happened and Hoyer was named the starter (before he played) folks on this board were saying that. That was also before the Jets game. Of course, we know better than that. I said at the timer that these two teams are closer than a lot of people think. The thing is that the hype on the "Lakewood Laser" is unbelievable right now. Cleveland and the whole state of Ohio is riding the wave. Perhaps we can capitalize a bit on that. There are a ton of media requests going out to the players and coaches, esp. Hoyer and it is short week of prep for everyone. I can see this being a game where, if we come to play, we can knock the bloom off the rose a bit. We'll see.

Ha - as soon as the trade happened and Hoyer was named the starter (before he played) folks on this board were saying that. That was also before the Jets game. Of course, we know better than that. I said at the timer that these two teams are closer than a lot of people think. The thing is that the hype on the "Lakewood Laser" is unbelievable right now. Cleveland and the whole state of Ohio is riding the wave. Perhaps we can capitalize a bit on that. There are a ton of media requests going out to the players and coaches, esp. Hoyer and it is short week of prep for everyone. I can see this being a game where, if we come to play, we can knock the bloom off the rose a bit. We'll see.

Thanks for the Cleveland update. So are Browns fans finally coming around to the fact that the team is not going to fall off a cliff without Trent's 3.5 per carry? I think they are going to really like the trade come the end of April. This is going to be a good game, with two teams that bear more than a passing resemblance to each other. Another one that goes down to the wire, I think.

Thanks for the Cleveland update. So are Browns fans finally coming around to the fact that the team is not going to fall off a cliff without Trent's 3.5 per carry? I think they are going to really like the trade come the end of April. This is going to be a good game, with two teams that bear more than a passing resemblance to each other. Another one that goes down to the wire, I think.

I think the doomsday feel to the trade was more on the fact that they felt the team was giving up the season two games in. It wasn't really a production thing with losing TRich as much as it was symbolic of the team not knowing wth it is doing on a year to year basis. Here you have their #3 overall pick that they traded UP to get just last year - gone. He was supposed to be the face of the franchise! He really looked great at times last year - playing behind very poor run bloicking and broken ribs most of the season! The lack of production really wasn't his fault, if you can even call it that, this year. They were not a threat to throw the ball at all with Weeden, teams stacked the box and they couldn't block. Like Bills fans, Browns fans always feel like their team is teetering on th edge of a cliff. They know Hoyer is just a band-aid. They are drinking the kool-aid because all they want to do is win. They know it will hurt their draft status, but they don't care. They are true fans to say the least. Edited by YoloInTheBlo

Yep, just as I thought, the local media is looking at this more as an indictment on the Bengals underachieving. They keep saying "not to take anything away from the Browns" but they know something is missing with Dalton and they are back on that train again. They are drinking some serious Mingo/Hoyer/Haden Kool-Aid though around here.

Edited by YoloInTheBlo

Link to article by Tony Grossi (aka the Sully of Cleveland ) on the Browns pretty much sums up what is going on with that team. The themes of "poise" and 90+ yard drives, for Hoyer and not turning the ball over in his first two games sound familiar, eh....

http://espncleveland...9&post_id=22891

No one can believe Grossi wrote a positive article so it is like the apocolypse. Btw lots of Browns fans commenting that if CJ plays Mingo will tear him up so he should sit this one out... interesting

Edited by YoloInTheBlo

I am going to go out on a limb here. IMO the Browns have not been able to score against a good defense. They could only manage 10pts against Miami and lost the game. They could only manage 6pts against the Ravens and lost. They put up 31pts against the Vikes but their defense this year is awful so far. The win against the Bengals was big for them but they only managed 17pts.

The Bills should go down there and make a statement. I think our defense is too much for them and our offense continues to improve. This should not even be close. We win by 2 TDs.....maybe 3.

Just watched the Browns/Bengals game. Some observations:

Joe Haden shut down AJ Green. And he tackles like an old fashioned football player.

The Browns defense looks solid, totally shut down town the Bengals running game. Dalton made a few nice throws, but missed more often than not.

On the other hand, the Browns have absolutely no running game at all. Our old friend Willis McGahee has resurfaced...

Browns tight end Cameron had a good game. Have some weapons at receiver, surprisingly!

As for Hoyer -- not sure yet. The jury is still out on him. Had a few nice looking throws. Norv Turner is putting him in position not to make a lot of mistakes. Has been sacked a few times against the Browns, and was sacked a bunch of times last week against the Vikings. A Pettine defense could confuse him. And it will be on him to beat the Bills, since the Browns have no running game.

Edited by MarkKelso'sHelmet