Stevie on Rome

The Tomcat

www.wgr550.com

Last play...man to man, player didn't react to his move

It felt great, more then just a win. coaches 1st win.

Would be tough to start 0-2, they can still be better-still growing

Been chasing the Pitts play, feels weight is lifted on shoulders.-good to be back in that situation

Thought about a million things while the ball was in the air.

On EJ's reaction-it means something to him (EJ) -was humble enough to listen to his players. Huge for a young QB

Had 3 qbs in ota's/preseason...all players still working on chemistry

Asked about heat he took in offseason for not working out. He was shocked by the backlash but admitted his legs are much stonger

Fantasy tweets...roller coaster good=positive bad=all over you

Bills fans are real, if you don't do your job they are on you but in a good way.

Asked about Jets game...looking forward to playing vs DRC and Revis....Rome says but Revis is gone...Stevie follows with "Really?"

Thats all I got...carry on

Edited by The Tomcat

this will be a big topic in 3,2,1...

Anyway, he was funny and here are my thoughts;

-Two weeks in a row he drops to the media that he is preparing for a CB that is no longer there. Last week it was Chung, this week it was Revis. I don't really care, and maybe he doesn't either. Perhaps his mindset is to only prepare to be the best he can be, not to try and find a weakness or motivation in an opponent. Also, he very well could be doing it on purpose.

-Maybe Stevie being a skateboarder contributes to his improvisation on the field. Thoughts?

Edited by RichmondRob

-Two weeks in a row he drops to the media that he is preparing for a CB that is no longer there. Last week it was Chung, this week it was Revis. I don't really care, and maybe he doesn't either. Perhaps his mindset is to only prepare to be the best he can be, not to try and find a weakness or motivation in an opponent. Also, he very well could be doing it on purpose.

-Maybe Stevie being a skateboarder contributes to his improvisation on the field. Thoughts?

was thinking more along the lines of.... I'm just way to busy working on getting better and getting wins than to figure out who plays for what teams.

Or maybe it was...

Oh, really?!? They don't have Revis anymore? I guess I'll be talking to you again next week Rome. When I have another monster day tearing up defenses.

Guessing he's having a little fun.

@gregor, the interview JUST ended like 1 minute ago. It should be up somewhere tomorrow or late today I'd think.

Cool; I've had a hard time finding audio clips from the Rome show in the past, so if anyone can find a link when it goes up I would appreciate it.

was thinking more along the lines of.... I'm just way to busy working on getting better and getting wins than to figure out who plays for what teams.

Or maybe it was...

Oh, really?!? They don't have Revis anymore? I guess I'll be talking to you again next week Rome. When I have another monster day tearing up defenses.

this

For those who listened... was he joking about the Revis thing? If so, very funny. If not...

At the same point, most players aren't spending their time on message board or checking out ESPN for what moves have been made. Like it or not, it's their job so they probably like to get time away from thinking about football. I think most human beings like to not think about work away from the office.

But I'm pretty sure he's kidding. I've never heard a 6-10 talked about more than the Jets.

At the same point, most players aren't spending their time on message board or checking out ESPN for what moves have been made. Like it or not, it's their job so they probably like to get time away from thinking about football. I think most human beings like to not think about work away from the office.

But I'm pretty sure he's kidding. I've never heard a 6-10 talked about more than the Jets.

That's what I meant... while many FA moves are under the radar this one definitely wasn't. Especially since Revis is someone that SJ has really done very well against, I would expect he knows where he is. In fact, SJ loves Twitter so hard to believe he didn't know he was no longer in the division. The Revis drama was well-publicized.

That's what I meant... while many FA moves are under the radar this one definitely wasn't. Especially since Revis is someone that SJ has really done very well against, I would expect he knows where he is. In fact, SJ loves Twitter so hard to believe he didn't know he was no longer in the division. The Revis drama was well-publicized.

To be fair, Revis is just another corner who can't cover SJ. But I know he knows. Stevie is a slick dude.

Umm, does anyone think Stevie didn't know Revis was gone? The guy is smarter than most of you give him credit for -- he did this specifically as a joke, to make fun of himself for the gaffe before they played the Pats*.

Stevie has fun -- and as long as he makes plays, it's fantastic. Three targets on that last drive -- two completions (including the TD) and drawing the PI call.

The week before that game he'll say he's looking forward to facing Ronde Barber.

BTW, I thought Rhonde Barber was really good in the booth. He made a few flubs here and there but for a rookie he was miles better than the F- crew that CBS usually trolls out for Bills games. He has a future in the booth.