Sept. 22 Jets Game - Wishlist

BringBackFergy

Great win against the Panthers. I admit that I was a bit irritated with the criticism of EJ by certain members during the game in the Game ThreadI was instructed to not revert to name calling so I will lay low on making derogatory remarks, but that game had me fired up. Very proud of our young team. This coming week should be another test for our young team against a strong defense. What improvements or changes do you hope to see?

1) First play from scrimmage in Panthers game was play action with a pass to Frank Summers. Again in the second half. We need to utilize PA more.

2) The Jets WRs are depleted. Stephen Hill and Holmes will beat our CBs occasionally, but we need stay tight on the LOS and let our D Line pressure Geno.

3) Two TE sets (Chandler and Gragg)may be an opportunity given the Jets weakening CBs (Millner was benched). Quick outs to the TEs will limit Rex from blitzing LBs too often and EJ seems capable in handling the pressure.

4) Easely and Hogan need to stretch the field. If TJ isn't getting it done, try the other guys.

5) Screens to CJ and Freddie. Take the blitz packages away from Rex (to some extent).

Not profound insight, but these are my wishes for the game....ohhhh, and score more points than Jets.

GO BILLS!!!!!

Edited by BringBackFergy

5 sacks from Mario

2 from Alonso

Manuel putting up 3 scores in the air

FJ ans CJ putting 170 on the ground

A pick six by mckelvin

Can you imagine him starting ti get the ball? Non one catches him

:thumbsup:

I told my son yesterday "Did you see that? McKelvin looked back at the ball." He has some Richard Sherman qualities...minus the PED's.

and a visit from jimmy spags

That would be great. Haven't seen the "thumb breaker" in months.

Mine in a nutshell:

1 - Winning is the most important thing, so that's pretty obviously.

2 - Spiller has to get the ball more. It should be 75-25 Spiller in the running game and 50-50 in the passing game. The team's best weapon has to get the ball more.

3 - Continue getting pressure on the quarterback. They did it to Brady the week before.

4 - Better use of receivers and TE's. Why were they throwing 2-3 yard bubble screens to Chandler? Makes no sense. Should be Graham.

5 - More shots down field. EJ had a couple throws down field, but really didn't make any. I don't want him to be reckless, but would like to see the passing attack be a bit more aggressive.

6 - Convincing victory. They need to slobber knock someone to show me that they're ready for the next level.

I'd just like Geno Smiff to pick up where he left off.

I think the Pats sacked Geno 3 or 4 times. I remember him getting thrown around by Chandler Jones a few times. We need to pressure him early and often and he may just revert to his forced throw ways. He does have a great arm so we will need to give him less time in the pocket. But as JBoyst said above, he stares down his targets quite a bit. We may see some INT's

I think the Pats sacked Geno 3 or 4 times. I remember him getting thrown around by Chandler Jones a few times. We need to pressure him early and often and he may just revert to his forced throw ways. He does have a great arm so we will need to give him less time in the pocket. But as JBoyst said above, he stares down his targets quite a bit. We may see some INT's

He's simply not good enough to overcome heavy pressure. If EJ can sustain some drives, allowing our D to remain fresh, I look forward to Eugene getting intimately acquainted with Mario and Kyle.

3) Two TE sets (Chandler and Gragg)may be an opportunity given the Jets weakening CBs (Millner was benched). Quick outs to the TEs will limit Rex from blitzing LBs too often and EJ seems capable in handling the pressure.

Gragg has been inactive for both games. For a team where TE is a weakspot, I don't think this is the case of coaching stupidity. My guess is that he needs to work on his consistency in catching the ball in practice.

4) Easely and Hogan need to stretch the field. If TJ isn't getting it done, try the other guys.

See the other threads. TJ has stretched the field. EJ is still having a hard time hitting him.

5) Screens to CJ and Freddie. Take the blitz packages away from Rex (to some extent).

Yesterday was ideal to run a few screens, but they didn't. I don't think the screen made it into Hackett's playbook yet, or EJ is still learning how to draw the defense into a screen. Look how quickly Bills D recognized the screen yesterday and blew it up. My guess is that they do screens in practice, but EJ hasn't gotten it down yet.

The good news is that the Jets & Geno are reeling, and if Bills simply minimize their mistakes they should have a good outing.

Edited by GG

I will admit I was frustrated with EJ's inaccuracy but damn he was clutch when it mattered. The scramble where he kept his balance on what would've pretty much ended the game was awesome. I think as a fan I just need to chill and understand the kid is learning, but I agree I'd like to see more PA and overall creativity on offense.

Go Bills!

this is going to be a really tough game for us that'll be a good test of the makeup of this team. 1. The Jets D is for real; 2. Rex Ryan and the Jets will have 10 days to prepare for us which is HUGE; 3. We always play poorly against the Jets (during the Ryan era). I see a 17-13 kind of game - either way.

Edited by bobobonators

The good news is that the Jets & Geno are reeling, and if Bills simply minimize their mistakes they should have a good outing.

If I have any significant concerns about this game, it's that the Jets have physically punished the Bills for the majority of their recent history. The game at the end of the season last year is a throwaway; both teams were running for the bus. Buffalo needs to be physical.

Geno is lost if his first read isn't open -- if the Bills play the same sort of defense they did yesterday, and keep guys prepared to contain his running, then I foresee a very positive outcome.