Mario deserves praise for his game

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mario was huge. As with Leo, his big sacks were almost ALL at times when we ABSOLUTELY needed them. He's a player that can really rise to the occasion (similar to last year when he showed up big for the Indy game, which was really a "win and you are in position to compete for a playoff spot" game),

That's definitely something we've been missing over the years. If we let a QB pose back there, or run, we get destroyed. This guy is not someone who can be single blocked or forgotten about. A couple of his sacks were just awesome hustle and relentless pursuit + the speed to get there. If he keeps that level of effort up... scary good.

He was exploding into the Olinemen, like literally winding up and then unCoiling his upper body into the blockers and it was like they were stunned for a second or two.

they always say great pass rushers win in hand control, body lean (leverage) and pursuit to the whistle. He owned those chumps today.

And Lawson is like MarioLite out there. He crushed Cam on that sack. Both amazing physical specimens and relentless warriors today......

Check out Mario postgame comments on bb.com. Gives the coaches and his teammates credit for helping him feel "at peace" in a way he never did last season. They say EJ is not an emotional guy- well Mario is. He needs the right atmosphere in the locker room to perform his best, and I think this year we have it.

Good point by Webster Guy re: leverage. On one sack the way he dipped his inside shoulder underneath the OT to get the leverage advantage and free himself, was a thing of beauty.

Yes, but not when it worsens into “ Whiner Planned Fakeitis”

Yep, there are different degrees of PF and it's different for everyone. I have had it and it sucks. But it's impossible to diagnose the severity. I would hope as a professional athlete, Byrd wouldn't play it up as worse than it is. But you know his agent is in his ear saying don't make it worse...

As for Mario, he was a beast. Someone references 2 missed tackles (of course, have to love this board). I don't know about that, on the one play where Newton turned away, Mario never had a grasp, but he definitely brought the pressure. All around great game for 94. I couldn't wait to see him in action with a real DC, this could be a huge season for him...

Check out Mario postgame comments on bb.com. Gives the coaches and his teammates credit for helping him feel "at peace" in a way he never did last season. They say EJ is not an emotional guy- well Mario is. He needs the right atmosphere in the locker room to perform his best, and I think this year we have it.

Good point by Webster Guy re: leverage. On one sack the way he dipped his inside shoulder underneath the OT to get the leverage advantage and free himself, was a thing of beauty.

His locker room fridge is finally full.

GO BILLS!!!