Mario deserves praise for his game

Thoroughly dominant. He basically disrupted everything they were doing.

I don't know if they mentioned it on TV but the first TD Carolina scored was on a drive when Mario appeared to be having a problem pushing off and he actually came out for a few plays that series. I don't know if that is the plantar fasciitiis or if he was cramping up but him not being there made all the difference. in the second half he bounced back and looked healthy. Perhaps he got a shot.

He made 10 other players look a whole lot better on defense today. Awesome performance.

My favorite sack of his was on the one where he drove Newton out of bounds at the 8 for a 4 yard loss. It didn't look like the most dominating one, but it was a great read. If you watch the play, he actually pulled up on his pocket rush and moved to the edge because he knew what Newton was up to on that play. He wasn't fooled at all. Awesome play.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite sack of his was on the one where he drove Newton out of bounds at the 8 for a 4 yard loss. It didn't look like the most dominating one, but it was a great read. If you watch the play, he actually pulled up on his pocket rush and moved to the edge because he knew what Newton was up to on that play. He wasn't fooled at all. Awesome play.

Yeah that was a great play. He probably cost Newton a pretty big day. He extinguished some potential big plays. Mario was a man on fire today, the Panthers OT's were helpless against him.

I would also like to point out that the Bills are supposedly playing with poor cornerbacks and their star safety is out yet they have performed well in pass defense in the first two games. It took some miracle plays for NE to pull out their win last week. Pass rush is multiple times the importance of cover ability.

Yeah that was a great play. He probably cost Newton a pretty big day. He extinguished some potential big plays. Mario was a man on fire today, the Panthers OT's were helpless against him.

I would also like to point out that the Bills are supposedly playing with poor cornerbacks and their star safety is out yet they have performed well in pass defense in the first two games. It took some miracle plays for NE to pull out their win last week. Pass rush is multiple times the importance of cover ability.

I definitely concede the point about CBs (although McKelvin has been good). Front Seven is the name of the game. The last couple of games have proven that.

i was watching the NE game and saw Mario make some amazing efforts, And i also noticed that the defense never gave up last week.

Being a Mario critic i tend to watch him more.

He is changed man. He put in an all out effort all game long. Forget the sacks , if you can : ) , this dude played smart and strong each play.

Mr Mario Williams , i take almost everything back i said bad about you .

Now that the line is playing under a real DC and HC these guys , to a man are leaving it all on the field.

It's a joyful thing to observe .

Mario Williams kicked serious a++ yesterday. Yes he did .

But i gotta say our whole defense is really really "doin' the tighten up" this year.

Go Bills defense !

GoGo Mario !

ps the announcers called Mario's one particular take down a HARD SACK. That is what we missed out on last couple years. Aggression agrression and more aggression. We can thank Mike P. for that

just f'n awesome play by Mario

"Yeah, but he's not worth all that money. If they paid me $100M I am sure that I could get 4.5 sacks. No athlete deserves that kind of money. He is an ok player but not worth all that money. He helped the Bills but they pay him too much money."

This is seriously what I expect to see on here and it is one if my biggest pet peeves. Has he helped the team? Absolutely, so what difference does it make if we paid him $100m or $85m? If you were signing an elite pass rusher this is what it was going to cost. The Bills felt that it was necessary to have an elite pass rusher and I agree.

He played with a fire that was missing on some other games. I wish he could find that motivation everytime he steps on the field. We shall see.

Exactly. We shall see. He is a beast when he brings it, that is for sure. When he is on, he is like Reggie White, long and strong, power and speed. If he stays healthy and keeps bringing it like that, he could be in for a special season

Another impressive thing about yesterday was his sticking to his responsibility to contain Newton. There were several read-option type plays where he stayed with Newton at all costs, allowing others to take the back once he got the ball. Plays that don't show up on the stat sheet but have a huge bearing on the outcome.

^This. Mario's D against the run is no surprise to anyone that's watched him for a while. He's a GREAT run DE. And he was last year as well.

GO BILLS!!!