Mario deserves praise for his game

ps the announcers called Mario's one particular take down a HARD SACK. That is what we missed out on last couple years. Aggression agrression and more aggression. We can thank Mike P. for that

just f'n awesome play by Mario

On that "hard" sack, Mario basically turned Newton into a mattress, and then bounced off of him w/full body contact.

I bet Cam Newton is feeling quite sore today. He sure had the crap knocked out of him yesterday!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On that "hard" sack, Mario basically turned Newton into a mattress, and then bounced off of him w/full body contact.

I bet Cam Newton is feeling quite sore today. He sure had the crap knocked out of him yesterday!

yes he used his full weight . you saw it too.

Our team has been too nice. That sack and A Wiiliams recent hits are more like it for me. Even his mistake showed the new attitude

I love defense

My favorite sack of his was on the one where he drove Newton out of bounds at the 8 for a 4 yard loss. It didn't look like the most dominating one, but it was a great read. If you watch the play, he actually pulled up on his pocket rush and moved to the edge because he knew what Newton was up to on that play. He wasn't fooled at all. Awesome play.

Mine was the one in which Dareus finished it off. Dareus is a very hard hitter when he gets in. Last week he shoved Brady down with one hand and that HAD to hurt. Players like Mario and Bruce are athletic. They make and force plays that other humans are not capable of doing. Theirs is a huge separation from other players. There is also a need for crushers.

Other Bills players who hit like a truck were Bryce Paup and believe it or not Phil Hansen. Great athletic DEs such as Mario and Bruce open the window for lesser players to contribute in a big way.

And btw, it was great to see you come around and say that pass rush blows away the secondary in terms of importance.

Mario is an interesting player.

Unlike Bruce Smith, he's not a super polished pass rusher with a wide array of different moves. Mario's game is based more on pure speed and power like Reggie White's was and a bit less on perfect footwork and fluid movements like Bruce had.

Aldon Smith reminds me a great deal of Mario with his freakish combination of speed, quickness, and power. Robert Quinn and Von Miller are more polished than Aldon but Aldon is the super freak athlete.

Mario's a bigger version of Aldon Smith.

And like Webster Guy pointed out, Mario never "loops" his pass rush. If he doesn't get to the QB he'll at least block a passing lane and help trap the pocket.

Couldve easily been a couple more in the 4th too. I liked the missed sack reaction in the 4th when he rips off his lid. There's that story from DT in THAT game against Seattle when Krieg (?) throws a pass to win after missing a DT rush & the thing that concerned him was not the 7 sack game, but that 1 missed sack! I hope his fire burns well for he rest of the season.

Wow, that's quite a fantasy league. How long is your draft?

It's a pretty unique league.

We draft 32 players and we can only have one player per each NFL team.

We draft 16 offensive players and 16 individual defensive players who get points for solos tackles (1), assisted tackles (.5), ints (4) defensive TDs (12) forced fumbles (2) and fumble recoveries (2).

The individual defensive players are 5 DLs, 5 LBs, and 5 DBs and 1 wild card.

Another feature of the league is that we draft 2 Kicker/Offensive Line units. I have the Seattle and Washington K/OLs.

The remaining players are: 2 QBs, 4 RBs, 5 WRs, 2 TEs, and 1 wild card player.

From that roster we choose a starting lineup consisting of 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 K, 1 OL, 2 DLs, 2 LBs, and 2 DBs.

We use to hand score the league before the advent of online scoring services.

Our draft typically takes about 10-12 hours total including a 1 hour break between the offensive and the defensive drafts.

It's a 12 team league and this is our 25th season. 10 of the 12 teams are Buffalo-based. I live in San Jose and one other guy lives in Tempe. He and I often fly in for draft weekend.

It's a pretty unique league.

We draft 32 players and we can only have one player per each NFL team.

We draft 16 offensive players and 16 individual defensive players who get points for solos tackles (1), assisted tackles (.5), ints (4) defensive TDs (12) forced fumbles (2) and fumble recoveries (2).

The individual defensive players are 5 DLs, 5 LBs, and 5 DBs and 1 wild card.

Another feature of the league is that we draft 2 Kicker/Offensive Line units. I have the Seattle and Washington K/OLs.

The remaining players are: 2 QBs, 4 RBs, 5 WRs, 2 TEs, and 1 wild card player.

From that roster we choose a starting lineup consisting of 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 K, 1 OL, 2 DLs, 2 LBs, and 2 DBs.

We use to hand score the league before the advent of online scoring services.

Our draft typically takes about 10-12 hours total including a 1 hour break between the offensive and the defensive drafts.

It's a 12 team league and this is our 25th season. 10 of the 12 teams are Buffalo-based. I live in San Jose and one other guy lives in Tempe. He and I often fly in for draft weekend.

That league sounds awesome.

They told him his ex is dating Cam Newton. :lol:

PTR

May be they should whisper that in to his ear on every Sunday Morning

I am just happy to have a DC that knows how to use his defensive weapons correctly.

And if you see the Marrone Miked up video, you can see Marrone really pumping Williams up. Praising him after every good play and pushing him to continue to excel more.