Just sent an email to the Bills voicing my displeasure

JÂy RÛßeÒ

Important Renewal Rewards Information

- Your login date and time was randomly selected from all Season Ticket Member accounts renewed by the first payment deadline.

- The rewards are limited to one item per account. All selections are final. There are no exchanges.

- Items quantities may vary based on the item selected. The quantity will be listed in the description.

- Items are limited to the quantity shown. Once an item is sold out it will no longer appear on the screen.

- The Buffalo Bills reserve the right to change any of the prizes at any time without notice. This offer is void where prohibited by law and all federal, state and local laws and restrictions apply.

Thank you again for your continued commitment to the Buffalo Bills.

Sincerely,

Pat Mathews

Senior Manager of Customer Relations

Buffalo Bills

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

in addition to the ones already mentioned:

jills come to your home or office.

a photo op at bills logo middle of field.

in studio for the john murphy radio show.

birthday party in a suite.

$40 gift card towards bills apparel.

Do you get your choice of Jill's to give them a personal extended tour of your bedroom?

" I don't often read DC Tom posts, but when I do, I prefer they be freakin' hilarious"

-- the Most Interesting Man in the World

As for the question, that seems pretty lame to me. Reminds me of when Ralphie got the decoder ring and was told to drink more Ovaltine.

As for BarkLessWagMore's avatar, as well as the pictures I've seen of Sanchez, is he wearing a girl's hair band? WTF?

Edited by Just in Atlanta

I think it's really humorous what these options are. I would pick the Alex Carrington autographed poster just for the laughs.

Obviously you take that first, over stupid things like getting onto the field, photos at the Bills logo, or Jills coming to your house.

I would be pissed if I was a longtime Season ticket holder with good seats, and someone new to season tickets in the 300 level was given a reward of getting to do something like going onto the field when my choice is between a poster or a Bills yearbook

I've been a season ticket holder since 1977, so that's what, 36 years? I got a date of 9/2. When I went to log in at the specified time, the site was down. It remained down for some time, probably around half an hour. Once I finally got through, there were only like four choices left, and they were all fairly lame. I think there was a Bills blanket listed as an option, but when I tried to get it, it said it was sold out. I didn't even bother to pick another one.

All in all, I thought it was poorly done, especially the site being down at the specified time. But now that I hear about the other potential options, I think it was even worse.

I didn't think of writing an email, though. I think I should.

So last week I got an email from the Bills about "Season Ticket Member Renewal Rewards". This is a program for rewarding early renewal of season tickets. It said I had been given a randomly selected login time of today (9/12) at 11 AM.

I talked to season ticket holders around me at the opener (none of whom have had their tickets as long as I have) about this, and they had already gotten to pick their rewards. I asked what kinds of things they had to pick from and they said things like on-field experiences, stadium tours, stuff like that. That sounded pretty cool. Well I logged in today and my options were a CJ Spiller poster or a yearbook.

Am I wrong to think that long-term support should count for something? I've been a season ticket holder for 27 years now. The only perk I've seen is priority in seat-relocation and I like where I sit and who sits around me. I think every other thing gives club seat holders priority (if not exclusive access) regardless of seniority.

Grrrrrrrr

Try not crashing fan web sites all the time. It makes the Bills nervous about their web site.

I got to do the "VIP" tour of the stadium, and Jay it made me question it as well. I've had my season tickets for 6 years now and my selection date was 9/4. I was surprised by this as I know that 6 years keeps me pretty low on the seniority list. Let us know how it plays out for you.

On a side note, I will say the Bills do respond quick. I had an issue with a fan near us, sent an email and within an hour my season ticket rep was calling me to see what was happening.

How was the tour and what day of the week did you do it on? I also selected this but nobody's contacted me yet to set it up.

I have 4 years' seniority with 4 seats (2 clubs) and selected a week ago. Got no Bills bucks this year for whatever reason.

Edited by BillnutinHouston

The photo opp at midfield would pretty much make for the best family photo/Xmas card ever.

No schitt. I'm pretty pissed -- 23-year ST holder and my date was yesterday. You guessed it -- CJ poster or yearbook.

I just emailed my rep.

Update -- my rep called me right back. This was a "sweepstakes" with all ST holders having an equal "chance" at the earlier dates. Of course, this was never communicated to anyone. That explains why the guy who bought his seats two years ago is getting a photo op at midfield while I'm looking forward to hanging my CJ Spiller poster on my bedroom wall like a friggin' 8 year old.

Mickey Mouse organization.

Edited by eball

I assumed the prizes were junk and didn't respond/log in. I was also traveling last week, which didn't help. Too bad, in that it sounds like some of the prizes were decent, although not sure if my wife would have approved of the Jills flying to NYC, nor would the Bills, I suspect,unless Ralph is no longer cheap....

The photo opp at midfield would pretty much make for the best family photo/Xmas card ever.

That's one of the options I had and thought the same thing. My date was the 5th at 1pm, I added it to my cart, but when I went to check out it said sold out! When I got my seasons, i received $20 in Bills bucks as well, so the later date didn't bother me too much. My friends had and earlier date and better selection, but didn't get any Bills bucks, so I have no clue what;s going on at 1BD. But a lot of people were really pissed off about the random order, I am sure there are many who complained.

One would think that such pedestrian treatment after decades of season ticket patronage would give an individual pause as to why he continues to support an organization more committed to the bottom line than fielding a competitive team.

Instead, grown men are clamoring for an autographed CJ Spiller jersey as a consolation prize. :doh:

Edited by Dawgg

No schitt. I'm pretty pissed -- 23-year ST holder and my date was yesterday. You guessed it -- CJ poster or yearbook.

I just emailed my rep.

Update -- my rep called me right back. This was a "sweepstakes" with all ST holders having an equal "chance" at the earlier dates. Of course, this was never communicated to anyone. That explains why the guy who bought his seats two years ago is getting a photo op at midfield while I'm looking forward to hanging my CJ Spiller poster on my bedroom wall like a friggin' 8 year old.

Mickey Mouse organization.

Don't worry, the money they save on fan appreciation will go towards resigning key free agents.

I'm a first year season ticket holder. Any fellow first year ticket holders on here get an e-mail, I did not.

As to the seniority issue, the Bills should absolutely do the perks in order of seniority! If your that dedicated to this team, which has been pretty awful to watch for most of its existence, you deserve to be rewarded ahead of newcomers.