A Few Thoughts About The Game, in no particular order.....

Bill from NYC

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering we were without Byrd and Gilmore, perhaps our best two on defense we did pretty good defensively!!!

I wish I was a Bills fan living in New York City or California or somewhere other than CNY/WNY. Then these losses would not be nearly so painful and I can post my emotionally detached comments here.

Must be nice!

Still not good as I live near City...

Searcy made more plays today than Whitner made in his career here...

Searcy made a bunch of huge plays today but pretty much none of them were from the safety position we need him to be god at. I don't want to denigrate his big sack but no one blocked him. His TD was just picking up the ball and running. His terrific special teams tackle was just that, ST. He made three plays so I don't want to diminish his affect on the game, it was enormous, But its not like it makes him a good safety.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

Easley should be given the chance of doing what he's doing or trying to do on the field.

I want Easley and Woods as starters. Stevie is NOT a #1 WR. I am watching Anquan Boldin out there for the 49ers. Dude catches everything, esp when it counts. That is a #1. Not SJ.

1) I am just wondering.....has any NFL kicker EVER missed a field goal against the Bills?

2) Kiko made some mistakes, but I am satisfied that he will make plays and that today was a learning experience.

3) Carrington was non-productive today. That's a shame too because we really didn't need that much more to win this football game.

4) I think that CJ Spiller might win us a football game this season. Maybe even two. I hope that I am right because he lost us one today with his poor play and his fumble. He owes us a win.

5) How can a Bills fan not be pleased by EJ? I mean seriously. His stats were not great, but he truly appears to have the brain and the body to excel in this football league. I am guessing that he was told to try not to run due to his knee injury, and I suppose that this makes sense. But I will also assert that if he was not nursing this injury, he would have won this football game. In short, I really like this kid!

6) Usually I cannot see much of the RG on television. Today I was lucky and will tell you that Urbik had a nice game today, and btw so did Pears.

7) Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine,

I can tell the Queen of Diamonds, by the way she shines.

Come to Daddy on an inside straight.

Well I got no chance of losing this time.

No I got no chance of losing this time.

8) I have taken some heat on this board wrt my praise of Searcy. No, I am not whining; I deserve it. The truth is that he can hurt you. That said, he remains a favorite of mine. Yes, he will give up some plays, but he is one player on this football team that gives a 100% effort. No, he does not leave one damn thing on the football field. He actually looked as if he was running out of gas on his TD. My supposition is that he might have been hurt. Mark my words, he will be a coach some day. I really do appreciate this player. And he played a GREAT game today.

9) McKelvin had an uneven game. Make no mistake, he did get away with a call or 2, but he also did actually make some good plays.

10) Another thing that I am sure of is that assuming he is healthy, Woods will be our #1 receiver in 2014. I am a bit unimpressed by Stevie Johnson, but hopefully this will change.

11) In all, the secondary wasn't THAT bad, considering they were playing without their 2 alleged stars, and against a certain first ballot hall of fame QB.

12) It sucked that Goodwin never got a chance to run out a kick. Btw, did he get hurt?

13) If they can play this way against NE, I think that we can assume that the Buffalo Bills will win some football games this season.

14) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Granted I didn't see the game and could only listen to it and watch highlights, but seemed like Kiko had a good first game?

A few additional points.

- Pettine's defense looks better than what we had in the past but our guys our not a great tackling bunch. Many missed tackles.

- Woods looks like the real deal. We need to ease Easley in to the picture. Not sure if Goodwin or Graham

can be the spark.

- Coaching??? Didn't understand the first challenge by Marrone.

- Coaching??? Didn't understand why we would not go for a more time consuming approach with 5 minutes left in the game with a lead.

- The read option or a pass on first down would have caught them off guard on our last possession.

- Did not see CJ line up in the "I". That's his bread and butter.

- Kiko has good instincts but he doesn't play fast when the play is not up the middle. He will get better, not a bad day for him.

- Our offensive line gave very good pass protection.

- The team looked very undisciplined on a whole.

Edited by VADC Bills

Searcy made a bunch of huge plays today but pretty much none of them were from the safety position we need him to be god at. I don't want to denigrate his big sack but no one blocked him. His TD was just picking up the ball and running. His terrific special teams tackle was just that, ST. He made three plays so I don't want to diminish his affect on the game, it was enormous, But its not like it makes him a good safety.

We were running a lot of 3 safety sets and it seemed to be working OK. Honestly, after today I am far less worried about the secondary, even without Gilmore and/or Byrd. All the corners came to play. Williams and Leonhard made plays too. We just need to continue working on that run D and 3rd down D. I think we'll see improvements there over the course of the year.

The same could be said for a lot of great plays. now you are getting picky....

>>>His TD was just picking up the ball and running.<<<

I disagree with the above. He made this play because he is a player who NEVER gives up. I agree with you that he isn't terribly talented at safety. We are on the same page here. But I liken his work ethic to that of players such as Fletcher and Speilmann. Again, I am not trying to say that he has the talent of players such as those.

What I AM saying is that if I was a general manager of an NFL Football Team, Searcy would be on my roster. And Coach Tuesday is 100% correct. He made more plays today than Whitner made for 30 million dollars.

Sorry, but Mario played well today. He pressured Brady all day. Got doubled a lot. Can't hang loss on Mario's play. Stevie, as much as I'm a fan of his, need to concentrate on his craft and leave Twitter alone. Had he made that reception on 3rd and 2, the game may have been over. The offense needs to keep drives alive. Dropped passes and penalties kill drives! I hope Coach Marrone accentuate the penalties in practice this week. Also, what happened to the deep ball?

I wish I was a Bills fan living in New York City or California or somewhere other than CNY/WNY. Then these losses would not be nearly so painful and I can post my emotionally detached comments here.

Must be nice!

Nah, bruh.

If you were born and raised in WNY, (or are otherwise a true, organic Bills fan), it doesnt matter where you go later.

I'm in LA, after a few years in SD, Chi, and my first 25 in Buffalo (city of). Left in 1991.

And I'm here to tell you that 3,000 miles away from that game, its still "AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHH. F$ck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kill !!!!!!!!!!!!! Hate !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

--

Strap on your seatbelt sir, and please keep your hands and arms inside the car at all times.

Because, imagine how you'd feel about football if the Bills left WNY. And especially if the nickname was no longer the Bills, different uniforms, etc. London Monarchs? "Los Angeles Storm? You'd feel like a man wandering in the desert, with nothing to do but wait to die.

Go Bills (F$ck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!). And I mean that.

Edited by maddenboy