My Annual End Of Offseason "Thank You" Post

Bill from NYC

1) I for one tend to prefer the offseason on TBD more than the regular season. This is because of the dialogue, exchange of ideas, and the hard work that many posters put into the draft.

Imo, this was one of the better years to be on this board. GREAT posters have returned, and this matters. I am not going to name names and embarrass anyone. Thanks for coming back.

2) Thanks to SDS and the mods, who do the work.

3) If the Bills could actually win games, this board would explode.

4) Thanks to those who read my "Thoughts." But do remember, they are just that. I don't serve them up as expert opinion. In fact, I am so busy looking to see if Glenn can extend his arms and ward off pass rushers, etc. that I often have to watch replays to see scoring plays. But the TRUE purpose of this post is to create dialogue.

5) I loved this draft. Getting Manuel and an extra second round pick was just what this franchise needed imo. And if he isn't good, they should continue the quest for a QB.

6) OK, I will name one name lol....OC in Buffalo, I cannot disagree with you more about your thread wrt drafting defensive backs. OMG!!!! But thanks for having a degree of respect for my opinion, and I do respect yours.

7) It's time to get this party started.

8) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4) Thanks to those who read my "Thoughts." But do remember, they are just that. I don't serve them up as expert opinion. In fact, I am so busy looking to see if Glenn can extend his arms and ward off pass rushers, etc. that I often have to watch replays to see scoring plays. But the TRUE purpose of this post is to create dialogue.

I will do my best at waving but since I will not be at opener II do not think it will help.

Great post as usual Bill.

After all these years? I expect you to name me. :lol: I'd almost be offended if you didn't. However, we've had reasonable discussions, based on doing our own work. Can't say the same for everybody else. The only difference is where that work occurs.

I miss stuff for the same reason you do: I focus on the WR/DB play. It's not for a lack of trying. I really have tried to look at the lines, but, for whatever reason, probably because I know the WR/DB individually, and the routs/schemes the best, I can't stay focused on the lines.

Last game? I don't know how the F I'm supposed to stay focused on the lines, when our CBs are getting torched over and over. :blink:

It was the most obvious thing on the field, especially from row 15 on the sidelines. I went from preparing for an enjoyable night game, to tearing my hair out, and this only took a few plays. :wallbash: This wasn't about safety help, or zone read misses. This was about guys being beaten at the snap, over and over. First step FAIL, over and over. Hips turning late. Giving cushion...to nowhere, there's nobody over there, there isn't going to be anybody over there. :wallbash: Rounding, rather than running straight to the spot? WHY? I could go on and on...

Like it or not, we have to draft more CBs next year. We'll see how it goes with S. Unless you really think 5 foot nothing Nickel Robey can cover TEs. I'd think you'd agree that covering TEs has been problem #1 for the last 4 years, and, the only time we've beaten the Pats? We started covering their TEs: effectively.

We're likely to get a pass this next game, but that's about it.

EDIT: But hey, perhaps this guy they got off waivers can do the job. The story is he's our kind of CB that was stuck in Cover 2 hell. We'll see.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

I always look forward to your posts. I enjoy your discussions of line play. Last season you were getting so much grief that you contemplated ending your posts. That would be too bad. Don't let the jerks get you down, please keep up the good work!

Jerks suck! Keep up the good work Bill. I always enjoy reading your thoughts on the game.

1) I for one tend to prefer the offseason on TBD more than the regular season. This is because of the dialogue, exchange of ideas, and the hard work that many posters put into the draft.

Imo, this was one of the better years to be on this board. GREAT posters have returned, and this matters. I am not going to name names and embarrass anyone. Thanks for coming back.

2) Thanks to SDS and the mods, who do the work.

3) If the Bills could actually win games, this board would explode.

5) I loved this draft. Getting Manuel and an extra second round pick was just what this franchise needed imo. And if he isn't good, they should continue the quest for a QB.

6) OK, I will name one name lol....OC in Buffalo, I cannot disagree with you more about your thread wrt drafting defensive backs. OMG!!!! But thanks for having a degree of respect for my opinion, and I do respect yours.

7) It's time to get this party started.

8) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I always look forward to your post-game thoughts. I don't get to see the majority of the games since I live out of town, and it really helps me get a full perspective of what is going on. You also seem to balance positive thoughts with negative, regardless of the score. Thank you for your hard work and GO Bills!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree Bill, this was a great off-season. From coaching search to draft to SJF reports, TBD rocked like no other news format about the Bills. I also agree there's a bit of dread heading into the season around here, given the years of losses through terrible play..

Hoping for a new day and looking forward to your game 'thoughts'!

If anything it was a fun off season and there was lots to read on this board to get thru the summer. I look forward to Bill's posts as well as many other of the Regular Posters and their replies on here daily.

Can't wait for Sunday! Go Bills!