Matt Leinart is a Bill - Schefter

dayman

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, on a positive note we may have got the 60th best QB. Players are starting to trust this team is turning the corner. We didn't even need merriman to recruit him.

I know sarcasim is intended and I know it's kinda silly to have a conversation about, but the "60th best QB" is a sound get for a guy to throw passes for a week in practice, be the 2nd QB through the rotation in the 4th preseason game, and either get cut or be the 3rd QB on a depth chart.

Camp help at best .... Now they need to start working on serious candidates for the back-up spot (I for one, am not convinced that Tuel is the best option for that); consider this, the Eagles will not keep Dennis Dixon on their roster. He has always intrigued me. With Kolb's future in serious question, I would love to see the BIlls take a flier on him as longterm solution for a back-up.

Camp help at best .... Now they need to start working on serious candidates for the back-up spot (I for one, am not convinced that Tuel is the best option for that); consider this, the Eagles will not keep Dennis Dixon on their roster. He has always intrigued me. With Kolb's future in serious question, I would love to see the BIlls take a flier on him as longterm solution for a back-up.

id back that Dixon idea

He must consider this one of -if not his LAST chance to play in the NFL. He's likely in shape and highly motivated. Who really knows? What we do know is Kolb won't be the answer.

Welcome Matt! (Welcome Mat??) Best wishes!

i think a big problem with him has been a tremendous lack of motivation.

How much do these guys who get "signed" and get cut 2 weeks later get paid anyway? I've always wondered that...

if they don't make the team probably a per diem and expenses. Just guessing.

Between Leinart and Kolb, the Bills are collecting rejects from Arizona. For some reason that does not inspire confidence.

I blame the fans. Will everyone clamoring for Skelton, the Bills did their best to appease.

We nailed the 06 draft. Sure we lost #9 overall but now we have #1 and #10 now. We cut #3. Anyone think we can trade byrd for Bush?

Not to mention if they hadn't cut John McCargo (they did cut him didn't they? He was on the roster a loooong time doing nothing), the could have a reunion of 2006 #1 picks from NC State in Mario, Lawson and McCargo...

The Bills new motto could be: "Buffalo: The last chance for the 2006 draft to pan out"

Seriously though, Leinart doesn't excite me any less than Kolb. The Bills really don't have a lot of options. I see where the 49ers are dangling out Colt McCoy...so it seems like there is a good chance he will be available...again!

Edited by Buftex

I don't feel like the QB they sign here will make the team, unless Kolb is out for more than a week with his concussion issue. Us pretty much going with Tuel as our #1 this week in Detroit has pretty much insured that we're not sneaking him onto our PS, so that would mean either we PUP Kolb, cut the 4th QB we just signed (Leinart) when the cut down to 53 comes, or carry 4 QBs, which I just don't see happening.

Someone was saying that Kolb had a prolonged recovery (>1 month) from his last concussion

I'm excited.

Matt is a handsome young man.

Oh, beHAVE!

Let's face it, no matter who they brought it in off the street, it would not matter. EJ Manuel is the QB of the Bills and will start 14-16 games this year if healthy enough.

Having Leinart on the roster is like knowing how to use your seat cushion as a floatation device. Yeah it's there, but you'd really really prefer not to use it.

Although I am probably in the minority, I do not mind the Leinart signing at all under the circumstances. It cost us nothing in terms of picks. Admittedly, when I saw him play in person at the Orange Bowl (as well as other games on TV), I thought he was going to have a good NFL career. To date, he has not.

Perhaps, after being humbled and with the help of our coaching staff, he will be a capable QB in EJ's absence. We have nothing to lose, and (again) he cost us nothing.

Edited by Peter