Dallas thinking of signing available LT Bell

After being released this winter after signing a huge contract, I think that confirms the decision made by Buffalo not to give that free agent a huge contract. I will be curious just how little a contract Dallas will sign him to if he passes the physical. Another example of why not to give a Free Agent a big contract when he is not integral to your team being a winner.

After being released this winter after signing a huge contract, I think that confirms the decision made by Buffalo not to give that free agent a huge contract. I will be curious just how little a contract Dallas will sign him to if he passes the physical. Another example of why not to give a Free Agent a big contract when he is not integral to your team being a winner.

You would have to think vets minimum with a heavily incentive based short term contract. just shows how desperate the cowgirls are for LT help.

Quite possibly his last NFL shot before heading to Canada.

The Bills do make some good decisions

I often criticized the old Nix regime, but they were right on in not overpaying him. And now I see Jones was released by the Patriots already, so again it looks like they made some good decisions. And the Patriots are seriously short at experienced WR and TE talent going into the start of the season if Gronk isn't ready.

These overly inflated free agent signings will probably not occur as much as in recent years due to teams getting burned on a regular basis. Bell, Posluzny, and Whitner are recent departures that teams have received very little from, and that has to have an impact somehow.

7th round pick who barely played football before college & had scumbag for a father. Working on like his 7th year getting paid to play football. Good for him and that's a great draft pick.

agreed. not a star but for a 7th its a success story for sure.

It was hardly a huge contract. It was obviously a 1 yr / 3.25 mil deal, which I guess is kind of huge for bell, but not a 'huge contract'.

From PFT

" Reuben Frank of CSNPhilly.com reports that the deal will pay Bell $3.25 million in salary and bonuses in 2012 with no guaranteed money beyond this season. Bell’s base salaries will be $1 million in 2013, $6 million in 2014, $7 million in 2015 and $8.35 million in 2016.

Those last three years are pricey, but the 2013 salary is misleading. Bell will be due a $8.5 million roster bonus before next season. The Eagles can guarantee that bonus at any point to spread the cap hit over the final four years of the deal, but it seems more likely that they would want to revisit the overall deal before taking that step.": http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/09/terms-of-demetress-bell-contract-point-to-short-stay-in-philly/PFT link

Edited by towelie

• 3 weeks later...