Patriots' Hernandez arrested in homicide investigation

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is so much funny in this post. The highlighted is the best, though. Ridiculing the critical thinking of others while citing ESPN on TVs in the hallways as the source for your superior ability to reach the conclusion in this case long before anyone else--awesome.

...except where you say that "as the progressed" you thought he was "clear(ly)" guilty from the beginning". That makes no logical sense---which is even funnier thatn the first part.

How about "Things to Do in Denver When Your Dead"?

Buckwheats for everyone...

Sorry for the mixup there kid. The media reported things and maybe people became objective. But there is no reason to believe that there was a reason for it. Example. The media reported that police had found their man when the Olympic Park Bombings happened in Atlanta in 1996. It turned out to be false and Richard Jewell (or whatever) sued and won money from media organizations. You could see they were dancing around the issue here.

Fact: They didn't declare AH to be a prime suspect but the media camped out at his house from day one and never left. Figure it out!

Still a nagging suspicion of mine that they meant to beat the hell out of him. Perhaps parading him around before so people would know who did it and be scared of them.... And then whether accidental or in a rage, gun goes off and they all make messes in their pants and start panicking about covering it up.

This is what I'm talking about. This is nuts. This makes no sense NoSaint.

And add that to the fact there was a baba booey call During the ABC coverage. Greatest car chase ever.

Yeah, this story has a long way to go to match OJ. OJ was like "the perfect storm", a big audience watching the NBA playoffs, daylight chase with live coverage. The hot chicks, and C-list celebrities. It was as much a Hollywood scandal as a football scandal.

This one reminds me of Daryl Henley, when a violent idiot with gang connections just does stupid, violent crimes (tries to arrange a hit on the judge, OVER THE PRISON PHONE!) There isn't anything too surprising about this (we all know these kind of murders happen), except that AH is a "very good" football player. The "supportive fans" outside his proceedings is a bit strange though, I must admit.

In Mexico, these kinds of killings happen frequently. For it to spill over into the NFL finally, really doesn't shock me (no, we're not sure it is "gang-related" yet).

So Jerry Sullivan spends a lot of newspaper space in his column today to let us know that when it comes to the Hernandez matter, we should all feel sorry for the victim, not the NFL. Gee Jerry, in your next column you should tell us that we should all oppose hurricanes and famines. I mean, I know you referenced one caller to a talk show who stated he felt sorry for the NFL, but one moron in a country of 300 million people does not a consensus make. Take note, Captain Obvious, that I seriously doubt that there was even one person in your Western New York readership population that woke up this morning and thought to himself (herself) "gosh I really feel sorry for the NFL today".

But I am glad that Jerry let us know that he feels bad for the victim and not the NFL. In next weeks column, I understand that he is going to let us all know that he opposes cancer, and we should too.

I read the article and thought the same exact thing. What - you're making a whole article based on one dope who called into some national radio show?!? I think he's a good writer with a horrible attitude, but this was just plain bad writing............Let's write an article about what Joe in Cheektowaga had to say about the Supreme Court rulings this week..

This is nowhere near the surreal spectacle of OJ, who was also a MUCH bigger public figure. The Bronco ride, Al Cowlings, etc.

Right, long spectacular football career, commercials, movies. He was pretty beloved.

As a friend of mine said long ago, for over half of the players in the league, "If not for the NFL, jail." 50 percent plus may be too high, but anyone who thinks that the league isn't populated by a very large of violent sociopaths is completely and utterly delusional. Anyone who derives joy from hitting people that hard and with such speed has some issues.

Aren't you a football fan? You are criticizing an endeavor that you avidly follow and to some extent particiipate in when you post on a football blog. If you believe that a large percentage of the participants in the game are so morally questionable then paying to go to the games, watching it or buying related gear is promoting an activity that you are harshly judging.

Yes, there are bad dudes involved in the pro games and in all sports. However, the overwhelming percentage of people who are involved in the game are good people who have made supreme sacrifices to get to the highest level of the sport.

A lot of attention is being given to Herandez for the evil things he has (alledgedly done). I understand why there is so much attention for this sensational case. Although the good people who play and have played in the NFL don't get a lot of publicity for their good deeds they make up the overwhelming majority of players in the sport. The former HOF Buffalo Bill, Joe Delamielleure, has done extraordinary things on behalf of people with needs. He is not a talker or self-promoter--- he is a doer of good deeds. As are many others who play in this very tough game.

Edited by JohnC

Got it. It does seem gang related, though. Why a multimillionaire needs to be in a gang or take part and orchestrate gangster type activities is beyond me.

Just because they have money doesn't mean they're smart or have any integrity.

I thought he might slide out of this with something other than murder charges, but I can't really imagine it now. Either he or somebody else will have to turn, possibly already did.

Snitches get stitches

Aren't you a football fan? You are criticizing an endeavor that you avidly follow and to some extent particiipate in when you post on a football blog. If you believe that a large percentage of the participants in the game are so morally questionable then paying to go to the games, watching it or buying related gear is promoting an activity that you are harshly judging.

Yes, there are bad dudes involved in the pro games and in all sports. However, the overwhelming percentage of people who are involved in the game are good people who have made supreme sacrifices to get to the highest level of the sport.

A lot of attention is being given to Herandez for the evil things he has (alledgedly done). I understand why there is so much attention for this sensational case. Although the good people who play and have played in the NFL don't get a lot of publicity for their good deeds they make up the overwhelming majority of players in the sport. The former HOF Buffalo Bill, Joe Delamielleure, has done extraordinary things on behalf of people with needs. He is not a talker or self-promoter--- he is a doer of good deeds. As are many others who play in this very tough game.

I am a fan, and my feelings about this issue do make me feel a bit uneasy about the sport. But at the end of the day my loyalty is to Buffalo, and since I'm not interested in hockey (baseball is probably my favorite sport now), the Bills are all I have. I truly think that football has a far higher percentage of violent sociopaths than any other sport. It certainly bears out in the arrest numbers. Given the nature of the game, it's hardly surprising.

I am a fan, and my feelings about this issue do make me feel a bit uneasy about the sport. But at the end of the day my loyalty is to Buffalo, and since I'm not interested in hockey (baseball is probably my favorite sport now), the Bills are all I have. I truly think that football has a far higher percentage of violent sociopaths than any other sport. It certainly bears out in the arrest numbers. Given the nature of the game, it's hardly surprising.

it also has the largest rosters, and longest offseason which shows up in the numbers - as well as the biggest spotlight which effects perception.

id be curious how the numbers do compare though adjusted for some of the variables like roster size.

Any truth to the rumor that Hernandez is a graduate of the Ray Lewis School of Mayhem?

i would assume he is working on finding Jesus right now and having his lawyers work out a deal that would have him turn on his buddies to blame them for the entire thing while coming up with a way to get the fall guys off on "Self Defence".

Then he can make a triumphant return to the NFL where he will become a role model for many and all will be forgiven/forgotten (swept under the rug).

Sounds like Ortiz is singing like a bird. 'Yes, officer, I was there that night as a convicted felon in possession of an illegal firearm. Sure, I'd be happy to waive extradition and come visit you fine folks in Mass..'

Keys to the wanted SUV from the double homicide found on Lloyd? Mmm Mmm MMMMMM!

Sounds like Ortiz is singing like a bird. 'Yes, officer, I was there that night as a convicted felon in possession of an illegal firearm. Sure, I'd be happy to waive extradition and come visit you fine folks in Mass..'

Keys to the wanted SUV from the double homicide found on Lloyd? Mmm Mmm MMMMMM!

I haven't read that far into the double homicide part. Was that SUV missing since the 2012 murders? I did read that they recently found it. I also read that it was rented by Hernandez. My guess is that he returned it and the police just tracked it down through the rental agency. Is that correct? If it was truly missing and last rented to Hernandez why would he have not been under investigation?

I haven't read that far into the double homicide part. Was that SUV missing since the 2012 murders? I did read that they recently found it. I also read that it was rented by Hernandez. My guess is that he returned it and the police just tracked it down through the rental agency. Is that correct? If it was truly missing and last rented to Hernandez why would he have not been under investigation?

Didn't want to screw with the roster during the season.