Patriots' Hernandez arrested in homicide investigation

It's apples to oranges.

Active player in an age where player jerseys are popular vs a long-retired player who played when player jerseys were not anywhere near as common.

The age of internet, 24-hour news cycles, smart devices, wi-fi vs the newspaper age.

Did the Panthers conduct a jersey exchange when Rae Carruth shot the mother of his unborn child? Carruth was an active player and this happened 14 years ago.

The answer is no, the Panthers did not.

Any other questions? Also, do you have an actual point that you're trying to make?

The Pats made a solid move and Bills fans act like they didn't.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Pats made a solid move and Bills fans act like they didn't.

They made a solid move.

Just how solid is the point of the discussion.

Why only two days for an exchange?

Why not exchange all Hernandez jerseys that are officially licensed by the NFL?

Why not make it a standing offer?

Don't you think that the two-day window suggests an ulterior motive for the move?

If not, why not?

Your criticism of the Bills to defend New England misses the point completely.

Why not discuss the Hernandez case on its own merits instead of setting up a straw man?

For people with any perspective the OJ case is irrelevant with regards to a jersey exchange program.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

They made a solid move.

Just how solid is the point of the discussion.

Why only two days for an exchange?

Why not exchange all Hernandez jerseys that are officially licensed by the NFL?

Why not make it a standing offer?

Don't you think that the two-day window suggests an ulterior motive for the move?

If not, why not?

Are you dense?

The Bills have also had criminal players and never offered a refund on jerseys.

It's not a refund fella. It's a jersey exchange.

Show me one team before New England that has ever done this.

You want to blame the Bills for something that had never been done before by any NFL team?

I already stated it's a solid move but the question is how solid?

I keep asking you and you keep ignoring the question: why is the jersey exchange only good for two measly days?

If you got nothing better than what you've already said, you'd best go away.

It's not a refund fella. It's a jersey exchange.

Show me one team before New England that has ever done this.

You want to blame the Bills for something that had never been done before by any NFL team?

I already stated it's a solid move but the question is how solid?

I keep asking you and you keep ignoring the question: why is the jersey exchange only good for two measly days?

If you got nothing better than what you've already said, you'd best go away.

Not blaming the Bills, I am pointing out how it is a very good move by the pats. I know some Bills fans will never acknowledge a good Pats move, that is fine but some people think rationally.

Not blaming the Bills, I am pointing out how it is a very good move by the pats. I know some Bills fans will never acknowledge a good Pats move, that is fine but some people think rationally.

Not blaming the Bills?

"I must have missed when the Bills did this for OJ."

"So murder suspects lose their negative connotations over time?"

"The Bills have also had criminal players and never offered a refund on jerseys."

"Are you dense?"

I guess amongst all the snide comments and the insult, your point got lost.

The Bills have also had criminal players and never offered a refund on jerseys.

The man-love for jersey's is so prevalant today. Hernandez is up for murder... Only other player in Bills' history can match this: OJ. OJ left the Bills in what 1977. He was up for the rap almost 20 years later. 1,000's of people weren't running around with Simpson jersey's making the Pats* and the NFL look like douchebags (or at least that appears to be the MO for Pats* doing this... God forbid they look bad!). People didn't wear jersey's like they do today, they had sense then... Or maybe less disposable income. :nana:

Everybody should hang on to them. @ least the AH jersey may have actual value... :D

So murder suspects lose their negative connotations over time?

Yes. Sort of. The novelty among the masses wears off that they would actually order such a jersey. Again, OJ thing happened 20 years later. AH happened while he was still on the *'s payroll. One can actually get by wearing a classic Simpson jersey and deny a negative connotation. His image as a Bill is clean. AH, another story. He is dirty as the franchise. And to think we (Ralph) saved the Pats* franchise from folding back in the day!

The jersey swap should bother people. It is apparent the Pats* and the NFL want to "sanitize" society.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Love the out of context comments, you must feel great!

Odd how you chose not to answer a single one of SJBF's very in-context questions. Either logic escapes you or you're simply trying to get under our skin. Your name notwithstanding, your content clearly suggests "troll."

"His image as a Bill is clean."

Yes, I am so proud to see his name celebrated each Sunday. It's an embarrassment.

Oops... I meant when he was playing his image was clean. One can say that his troubles wer 20 years after the Bills and can detach from that. By no measn is it, IMO, a strike against the Bills. Yes, the Bills can get some flak... BUT he also played for the Niners.

We don't have to celebrate him 20 years after the playing w/the Bills... His name is up there to celebrate when he was a Bill and clean.

And that is very low key, obscure... Ralph isn't passing out OJ Isotoners to the first 10,000 every Sunday!

It looks like you might be better off selling it on ebay than trading it in. Looks to be a collectors item to the d-bags of the world

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aaron-Hernandez-New-England-Patriots-football-jersey-M-w-SuperBowl-patch-/261237113461?pt=US_Football_Fan_Shop&hash=item3cd2f20275

Not Dbags... But it would be smart to keep the Jersey. They will destroy the others and you will have a piece of history that might be worth more money in the future. The Patriots Killer.

Odd how you chose not to answer a single one of SJBF's very in-context questions. Either logic escapes you or you're simply trying to get under our skin. Your name notwithstanding, your content clearly suggests "troll."

Nail. Head. You hit it.

Not Dbags... But it would be smart to keep the Jersey. They will destroy the others and you will have a piece of history that might be worth more money in the future. The Patriots Killer.

The NFL wants to sanitize your speech... Remember NFL shop and Ron Mexico. I wonder NFL shop would let you put Hernadez on the back... ?

JohnC, thank you for that and your subsequent posts to date on this subject. I'm just cautious about waiting for all the facts and evidence to be brought forth before a judgement is pronounced. Lord knows, we've seen enough torch carrying mobs seeking "justice" recently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLvGnro4Cgw

You are prudent in your cautious approach to this case. That is the mature way to follow this evolving story. But as the investigation advances the case against AH tighens and the story line becomes clearer.

As it stands the authorities don't need the cooperation of AH. His gang that couldn't shoot straight bungling has helped the authorities to solve this case.

As the coverage of this case, the drive-by case in Boston and the civil case of another shooting demonstrates that AH is a thug with a remorseless gang-banging killing mentality. It is interesting to observe that not one teammate spoke on his behalf when the story first broke. Not one teammate has come out and said that he can't believe that he was capable of such a vicious crime. Vrable made some early comments that AH had his own agenda and then refused to elaborate. The Welker incident has come to light indicating that his muscle tendencies were exhibited within the team.

Aaron Hernandez is a testament to the corruption and perversion in big time college sports. There is no way that he was an actual student at Florida. He flunked a number of drug tests at Florida, and was allowed to play. How was a person like him allowed to get into the school? The big time college sports system is rotten to the core. I'm not naive about big time college sports. It is more of a business than an educational endeavor. But something is wrong when such a person is allowed to represent the college. This is a ridiculous sham.

You are prudent in your cautious approach to this case. That is the mature way to follow this evolving story. But as the investigation advances the case against AH tighens and the story line becomes clearer.

As it stands the authorities don't need the cooperation of AH. His gang that couldn't shoot straight bungling has helped the authorities to solve this case.

As the coverage of this case, the drive-by case in Boston and the civil case of another shooting demonstrates that AH is a thug with a remorseless gang-banging killing mentality. It is interesting to observe that not one teammate spoke on his behalf when the story first broke. Not one teammate has come out and said that he can't believe that he was capable of such a vicious crime. Vrable made some early comments that AH had his own agenda and then refused to elaborate. The Welker incident has come to light indicating that his muscle tendencies were exhibited within the team.

Aaron Hernandez is a testament to the corruption and perversion in big time college sports. There is no way that he was an actual student at Florida. He flunked a number of drug tests at Florida, and was allowed to play. How was a person like him allowed to get into the school? The big time college sports system is rotten to the core. I'm not naive about big time college sports. It is more of a business than an educational endeavor. But something is wrong when such a person is allowed to represent the college. This is a ridiculous sham.

Florida was especially bad though. Percy harvin choke slamming a UF coach after being banned from Virginia high school athletics, Brandon spikes being Brandon spikes, will hill

Heck even janoris Jenkins and cam

If not for Tebow being the face of that team..... There were some real idiots on that roster.