Patriots' Hernandez arrested in homicide investigation

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any report of what happened? It's an odd phrasing in the story to say the least

Local report with video and better info at this link. Still odd, and I personally don't believe in a random malfunctionexplaining it. The car travelled 100 feet in the air and struck the building 5 feet off the ground?! Edited by Matt in KC

Hello. My name is Nanker. I stopped in today trying to find The Last Post Wins thread, and saw it's locked because Kookalabongo or somebody "won" it.

Can I post here?

Happy Hump Day CowGirlsFan!

Hello. My name is Nanker. I stopped in today trying to find The Last Post Wins thread, and saw it's locked because Kookalabongo or somebody "won" it.

Can I post here?

Happy Hump Day CowGirlsFan!

This thread IS huge. 72K hits and taking a little while to load up.. I just wonder if AH played for, say, Seattle, would it have this much traffic? Fairly clear Hernandez will never see the light of day again for the heinous, inhuman act. That he's (was) an impact player in his prime for the NE Pats* brings an element of glee to us. Why? Because we're sick, twisted bastards!

Local report with video and better info at this link. Still odd, and I personally don't believe in a random malfunctionexplaining it. The car travelled 100 feet in the air and struck the building 5 feet off the ground?!

Odd, to say the least...A ton of traffic, a ton of accidents...my guess is those are all relatively minor fender benders with a few more serious collisions in the mix. A car traveling 100 feet, that's 33 yards or 1/3 of a football field, in the air and striking abuilding 5 ft. off the ground...not your run of the mill accident, my friends. How fast would a car have to be traveling to do so??? Begs the question...was he running from something, or someone? Sorry, but to brush this off as "no surprise to me," as the gentleman in the video said, just doesn't sit right with me.

Why post an opinion, if you don't want people to react to it (especially one that implies some kind of special understanding of the situation)?

Your post implies that you figured out that someone ratted him out, and I have no idea what there is about his becoming a suspect that indicated someone snitching on him. It appears more likely that the evidence pointed right at him, and that is one of the key points that makes the story interesting, the ineptness of the crime.

Now isn't this interesting:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/02/carruths-lawyer-thinks-deals-already-have-been-cut-by-hernandezs-co-defendants/

Apparently, a couple of folks with law degrees (Rudolf, Florio) have/had the same impression as me...maybe I wasn't just making things up after all...

Local report with video and better info at this link. Still odd, and I personally don't believe in a random malfunctionexplaining it. The car travelled 100 feet in the air and struck the building 5 feet off the ground?!

Maybe it was the booster rockets that malfunctioned. After all, the car didn't make it into orbit, now did it? :ph34r:

Any report of what happened? It's an odd phrasing in the story to say the least

I'll see what I can find out. A nurse I work with lives in Bristol and might be able to get some scoopage. Her daughter went to grade school with AH and knows him, or used to know him, personally. She said he's been in a gang since he was 17, despite his claim that he's never been involved with one. She also said his brother is a piece of work and was fired as a coach from a local HS for videotaping opponents. LOL! No whodoes that sound like?

I just found it interesting that hey ruled it an accident so quickly, given the timing.

Didn't Ted Bundy have a law degree?

Yes he did and as I recall he acted as his own defense lawyer during his murder trial.

The judge who presided at his trial called him brilliant and lauded Bundy for his legal knowledge and courtroom acumen.

But how is this relevant?

Yes he did and as I recall he acted as his own defense lawyer during his murder trial.

The judge who presided at his trial called him brilliant and lauded Bundy for his legal knowledge and courtroom acumen.

But how is this relevant?

It's not relevant in the least. I was just trying to start trouble with the Bandit. I'm feeling a bit frisky this morning.

Yeah, but we were discussing his marijuana use, where he is definitely NOT an aberration. But then, you know that... your argument is so lacking in logic that you have create tangents.

You are missing the point or refuse to acknowledge the point. Even in college he didn't abide by the rules relating to drugs and off-field behavior. Although violations were known by the staff he was never held accountable for his actions. My point of emphasis focused on the lack of accountabillity at college. .Students in general aren't tested by the school. What they do is what they do. Athletes on scholarship are tested for drugs. He was not held accountable for his failed tests and he was not held accountable for punching the lights out of a bouncer, a criminal offense. If a student knocked out and injured someone in a fracas there would be legal consequences. That didn't happen with this particular football player.

Isn't that what most thought was likely going on when the police started doing things like searching in a pond?

Yes, yet you found some reason to criticize my assertion that I believed someone had talked from the moment he was arrested.

You are missing the point or refuse to acknowledge the point. Even in college he didn't abide by the rules relating to drugs and off-field behavior. Although violations were known by the staff he was never held accountable for his actions. My point of emphasis focused on the lack of accountabillity at college. .Students in general aren't tested by the school. What they do is what they do. Athletes on scholarship are tested for drugs. He was not held accountable for his failed tests and he was not held accountable for punching the lights out of a bouncer, a criminal offense. If a student knocked out and injured someone in a fracas there would be legal consequences. That didn't happen with this particular football player.

Again, how does this make the school in some way responsible for him becoming a murderer? And how uncommon do you think his treatment was? College football players have been receiving that kind of treatment seemingly as long as college football has been around.

Are you a fan of an opposing team/conference? What I get from your posts is that you have some resentment towards Meyer and Florida. You mentioned Notre Dame....

I have no interest in college football at all. I suppose they could start throwing more guys off teams, and it may alter the balance of power in college football, but it's not going to change violent crime statistics.

Edited by Marauder'sMicro