Patriots' Hernandez arrested in homicide investigation

Odd, to say the least...A ton of traffic, a ton of accidents...my guess is those are all relatively minor fender benders with a few more serious collisions in the mix. A car traveling 100 feet, that's 33 yards or 1/3 of a football field, in the air and striking abuilding 5 ft. off the ground...not your run of the mill accident, my friends. How fast would a car have to be traveling to do so??? Begs the question...was he running from something, or someone? Sorry, but to brush this off as "no surprise to me," as the gentleman in the video said, just doesn't sit right with me.

One of the "math guys" I work with, without putting to much time into the equation, said best guess is >120mph...

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the "math guys" I work with, without putting to much time into the equation, said best guess is >120mph...

Or it hit one hell of a ramp. Even so...for a stunt driver to make that sort of jump with a perfect setup, he'd have to be going over 70. 120's probably a good guess.

Again, how does this make the school in some way responsible for him becoming a murderer? And how uncommon do you think his treatment was? College football players have been receiving that kind of treatment seemingly as long as college football has been around.

Are you a fan of an opposing team/conference? What I get from your posts is that you have some resentment towards Meyer and Florida. You mentioned Notre Dame....

I have no interest in college football at all. I suppose they could start throwing more guys off teams, and it may alter the balance of power in college football, but it's not going to change violent crime statistics.

I never said the school was responsible for him becoming a murderer. You are making up a bogus issue that I never promoted.

Yes, I am saying that serial rule offenders should be thrown off the team. They are representing the school. With respect to balance of power I don't care how it plays out in that respect. Having rules and enforcing rules would be a good start in lessing the separation of the sports department from the university. I don't ever expect the big time athletic programs to be run as tightly as the military academies. But almost completely separating the athletic department from the university is not a system I am for.

Local report with video and better info at this link. Still odd, and I personally don't believe in a random malfunctionexplaining it. The car travelled 100 feet in the air and struck the building 5 feet off the ground?!

If it was a Toyota they could blame it on a stuck accelerator.

From the video, the roof is crushed in, maybe it was flipping end over end when it struck the building?

If it was a Toyota they could blame it on a stuck accelerator.

From the video, the roof is crushed in, maybe it was flipping end over end when it struck the building?

that was going to be a possibility i floated - instead of it being a dukes of hazard 100 foot flight, more likely seems that it just happened to be at that height when it contacted after bouncing around some.

still weird, but weird accidents happen all the time at 330am.

Sounds like it was just another drive for this guy. That is a really dangerous road to be going 100+mph.

from the article this fool liked to drive fast.

Singleton has a criminal record and has been cited with many motor vehicle violations, including charges of criminal mischief, failures to appear in court, breach of peace, reckless driving and infractions of operating a motor vehicle while under suspension, according to the Connecticut judicial website.

He was most recently scheduled to appear in court on July 31 for pre-trial of a Bristol case including a reckless driving charge of driving over 85 miles per hour, second-degree failure to appear in court and operating a vehicle under suspension.

There still too much - All in the family coincidences - Singleton was driving in a white 2005 Nissan Maxima that was registered to Andres Valderrama, 68, of Bristol, who is his father-in-law and Hernandez's uncle.

You clearly stated that the pats were aware of his "proclivities" before they re-signed him, yet signed him anyway. I'm again asking you to tell us exactly what those proclivities were that they were aware of at that time and why this should have compelled them not to offer a new contract.

As for the "solid citizen" stuff, it should be clear to you that after he was picked for murder 1, they no longer thought he was the a "solid citizen" anymore. Why even ask?

A report came out today from another unnamed Pats* player who claims AH was a complete loner, that "nobody hung out with him." And Mike Mularkey was on SiriusXM talking about how as a HC he would get an unbelievable amount of information from different sources about what players were up to. He basically said the Pats* "had to know" AH was up to no good.

Look -- I don't have to convince you of anything. I believe what I believe -- namely, there is no mystical "Patriot Way" that keeps players in check, and Belichick looks only at what he thinks will help the team on the field. The days of Bruschi and Vrabel exercising leadership in that locker room are long past.

Edited by eball

A report came out today from another unnamed Pats* player who claims AH was a complete loner, that "nobody hung out with him." And Mike Mularkey was on SiriusXM talking about how as a HC he would get an unbelievable amount of information from different sources about what players were up to. He basically said the Pats* "had to know" AH was up to no good.

Look -- I don't have to convince you of anything. I believe what I believe -- namely, there is no mystical "Patriot Way" that keeps players in check, and Belichick looks only at what he thinks will help the team on the field. The days of Bruschi and Vrabel exercising leadership in that locker room are long past.

Up to no good covers a pretty broad range of possibilities.

Others have said he wasn't close with the team and would go hang with high school friends instead. Really Deion branch is the only pat to come out for him but it was a strong statement on the record. Is say given that his locker room reputation was a mixed bag and he may have been close to some whole rubbing others the wrong way.

Sounds like it was just another drive for this guy. That is a really dangerous road to be going 100+mph.

There are some sections of Waterville Road/Route 10 that are curvy, and if you are going fast, and especially if you're on something, are impossible to navigate safely.

The Pats should have known all of this. If they didn't, shame on them.

what does "all this" amount to though. i think unqualified statements like that are a big part of the problem in this back and forth.... how much SHOULD they have known?

There are some sections of Waterville Road/Route 10 that are curvy, and if you are going fast, and especially if you're on something, are impossible to navigate safely.

Shame on them if they knew this guy was a troublemaker who COULD get into trouble? The NFL is full of those. It's not like the Patriots knew AH a) ever killed anyone or b) ever was going to kill anyone.

If people are going to call the Patriots a "bad organization" for drafting Aaron Hernandez, then those people should be prepared to add many/if not every team to the same list.

I agree there is no mystical "Patriot Way" that keeps players in check. However, I also acknowledge that I remember very few Patriots making news for either running their mouths or getting into trouble. I can think of many teams whose players have gotten into more trouble and have had more bad press ... including the Bills.

The more that comes it looks like the Pats should have known that he doing things that could land him in prison but I wonder how much of it is being exaggerated.

I was joking, because he has a bad driving record.

It's an odd intersection, where the road veers to the left and there is a divider for drivers turning right. Driving that fast on that road is nuts.

Edited by Marauder'sMicro

So nothing earth shattering, but deadspin has some of the findings from his "flophouse"

The two biggest developments being Carlos Ortiz is the one that led them there, and the warrant made reference to the "sale of cocaine"

http://deadspin.com/want-to-know-what-was-in-aaron-hernandezs-secret-floph-659695754

Edited by NoSaint