Buffalo Bills UDFA Signings

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be interesting to see of any if the curmudgeons around here give Nix any credit for what has transpired. The Bills have kept him front and center through the whole process, which surely was no smokescreen.

Edited by eball

Updated List: http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/

Jeff Tuel, QB, Washington State

Drew Smith, RB, Albany

Kendall Gaskins, FB, Richmond

Da’Rick Rogers, WR, Tennessee Tech

Brandon Kaufman, WR, Eastern Washington

Kevin Norrell, WR, Stony Brook

Zack Chibane, G, Syracuse

Ryan Turnley, C, Pittsburgh

Aaron Tipoti, DE/DT

Izaan Cross, DE, Georgia Tech

Keith Pough, OLB, Howard

Nickell Robey, CB, USC

Vernon Kearney, CB, Lane

Jumal Rolle, CB, Catawba

Jordan Dangerfield, FS, Towson

Updated List: http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/

Jeff Tuel, QB, Washington State

Drew Smith, RB, Albany

Kendall Gaskins, FB, Richmond

Da’Rick Rogers, WR, Tennessee Tech

Brandon Kaufman, WR, Eastern Washington

Kevin Norrell, WR, Stony Brook

Zack Chibane, G, Syracuse

Ryan Turnley, C, Pittsburgh

Aaron Tipoti, DE/DT

Izaan Cross, DE, Georgia Tech

Keith Pough, OLB, Howard

Nickell Robey, CB, USC

Vernon Kearney, CB, Lane

Jumal Rolle, CB, Catawba

Jordan Dangerfield, FS, Towson

RB? We have plenty of those.

Is anyoine else surprised we only have one SU palyer(Chibane) coming in for Marrone? I thought Thimas, Nassib, Puigh, Chibane, trhomas, KLemon, Sales all had chances and we only birng in Chibane?

I am sure Marrone and Hackett gave Nix and Whaley very good info on all Cuse players. If they are not on the Bills it is for a reason.

http://www.cbssports...d-underclassmen

Rogers at #2 on the list:

WR Da'Rick Rogers, Tennessee Tech (6-3, 217, 4.52)

Once considered a first-round prospect, Rogers led the SEC in catches in 2011 but was dismissed from Tennessee prior to the 2012 season due to multiple failed drug tests and issues with the coaching staff. He wound up at Tennessee Tech and was productive at the FCS-level in 2012 and kept his nose clean, but the damage was already done. Considered a first-round talent by some, the talent wasn't enough to overlook the maturity concerns.

WOW! What I like, is this staff is willing to take the big risk/reward picks on guys that have had issues. You only do that when you have confidence that you will create culture that will force these guys to grow, or get off the bus. And when they do grow, wow!

Holy cow I thought the draft as over but seems like we're taking UDFA seriously too for a change instead of just bringing in camp fodder by the 20's. What a difference a well respected college coach seems to be making, also great to see that all these WR's love to come to Buffallo so they can play with EJ... I dont see any of them heading towards the Jets...

Going into this draft, I was very "blah" about what the Bills would do (based on the past several years). Now that it's over, and it looks like came away with some decent picks and UDFAs, I'm starting to get excited about the 2013 season. Go Bills!

I am sure Marrone and Hackett gave Nix and Whaley very good info on all Cuse players. If they are not on the Bills it is for a reason.

plus there are 31 other teams picking in the draft too. Even if the Bills were interested in getting some of those Syracuse players, may be other teams picked them ahead of the Bills.

Holy cow I thought the draft as over but seems like we're taking UDFA seriously too for a change instead of just bringing in camp fodder by the 20's. What a difference a well respected college coach seems to be making, also great to see that all these WR's love to come to Buffallo so they can play with EJ... I dont see any of them heading towards the Jets...

Or they see that there are two starting WR positions open on this team and it is a great opportunity for them to earn one of that spot.

Picking up Rogers, Kaufman, and Pough is a coup for this team. Rogers could start if he gets his act together. Kaufman can get some plays in as a red zone threat. Would they try to convert him to TE? Pough provides depth, and is a good developmental project. I'd like to see him hit the weight room and bulk up a bit.

Is anyoine else surprised we only have one SU palyer(Chibane) coming in for Marrone? I thought Thimas, Nassib, Puigh, Chibane, trhomas, KLemon, Sales all had chances and we only birng in Chibane?

It's a business, not a social club.

RB? We have plenty of those.

Not really. Jackson is running on borrowed time, and Choice isnt that good. Plus, a lot of these signings are "camp fodder". You have to go into camp with at least 4 QBs and at least 4-5 RBs for no other reason than to help spread out the rep load. Can't be wearing out your QBs arms and your RBs so early.

It will be interesting to see of any if the curmudgeons around here give Nix any credit for what has transpired. The Bills have kept him front and center through the whole process, which surely was no smokescreen.

Nope, the usual haters that are happy with this draft already decided that NIx must "be on his way out" and Whaley has taken over. Cant give the guy credit. To much cognitive dissonance to handle.

Edited by DrDareustein

I'm in complete shock with Rodgers. This is insane. I know that we always are optimistic every offseason but this time our FO looks...really, really smart. Seriously, where has this been for years?

Honestly, this draft really does look like Whaley was behind the driver seat because I've never seen Nix draft/sign these types of players. I know there was a need for the team image/chemistry/whatever you want to call it to change but it's a completely different feel from the past drafts.

Edited by The Wiz