Rd 4, Pick #105: S Duke Williams - Nevada

SDS

Another pick thats tough to argue with. Like NoSaint said, its quite obvious pettine wants a particular type of player and attitude for his defense, and its been reflected in these 2 defensive picks.

Both sides are showing speed speed speed. It's a new nfl and these guys fit it. Now a matter of if they play to potential. Attitude on defense. Like it.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bills really targeting certain types of defensive players...fast, aggressive, physical guys that try and knock the snot out of the offensive players and play with an attitude...something we have sorely lacked for a long long time...

Pettine is going to try and bring the pain on D and I can't wait to see it

Edited by matter2003

Mayock said he woulda gone higher if not for the off the field stuff, whatever that was. Seems like we're infusing the defense with attitude

yup. Some of them on the nfln set are coming around to the Bills now beating were having a really solid draft and liking our picks.

On another note about Williams. I know it's a different position but this kid, the way he comes up and hits reminds me of Winfield. Maybe a mix between Winfield and Byrd.

I love they guys Pettine are going after. I dont know anything about him, but the consensus and his highlight video seem to be a fast S with attitude and intensity, much like Kiko is a LB.

Prior to this year, no way in hell Buffalo would have done this. I love the new approach and the fact we are going for speed, talent, swagger, attitude...all things we greatly lacked!

I still don't get why being drunk or bad at school makes you a better defender. Ill take a guy doing charity work and a beast on the field without thinking twice.

Well, we might not like it, but more often than not the guys that are beasts on the field are beasts period. More beasts please.

Well, we might not like it, but more often than not the guys that are beasts on the field are beasts period. More beasts please.

Plenty of great guys making huge impacts every week. Ridiculous statement, but ill take more attitude and speed on d.

Both NFL Network and ESPN like the pick......Polian especially.

Draft-tek had him going to the Packers here in the 4th.

yeah. The nfln guys were saying they expected a handful of teams targeting him in the 4th.

I still don't get why being drunk or bad at school makes you a better defender. Ill take a guy doing charity work and a beast on the field without thinking twice. Problem is we've been spotty at on field evaluation. Hopefully that is what changes, as its all that matters.

Eg, Troy polamalu. One of the nicest, quietest guys off the field, and will rip your head off while on the field.

Looking at the video the first thing that pops out to me is his closing speed. He covers a lot of ground to make tackles for short yardage. Plus, for his size, he hits like a truck.

perfectly said. That's why he reminds me of Windield.

i really like this pick too- was on my short list of available safeties.

this is turning out to possibly be one of the best drafts in bills history. buddy's hitting the nail on the head with his (possible) swan song.

I still don't get why being drunk or bad at school makes you a better defender. Ill take a guy doing charity work and a beast on the field without thinking twice. Problem is we've been spotty at on field evaluation. Hopefully that is what changes, as its all that matters.

Agree 100%. People like to focus on all the negative football players, but 90% of players stay out of trouble & do things the right way.

That said, if a kid messes up in college & mature to become a better person, more power to them. But you certainly can play with an edge on the field without being an a hole off it.

Well...It seems that Duke's off-the-field issues were very early on in his College career...Polian commented that the Nevada Coaches said he was a modal citizen by his Sr year and that they could not be more proud about the way he turned his life around... B-)

Sending a clear message to New England...you might win the game, but your days of standing on the sideline and laughing at us are over, cause we are going to kick the living hell out of you on the field, even if we lose, we are bringing it...

You might win the game, but you'll be leaving the field in a wheelchair...

Edited by matter2003