Rd 4, Pick #105: S Duke Williams - Nevada

SDS

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, we've done so well since he left us......

yup. And the Redskins have since Gibbs and the Cowboys since Switzer have done a whole lot too. Get a grip. Anyone could have won with the talent that Pilian assembled on those teams. Marv couldn't keep these guys in their freaking hotel rooms the night before SuperBowls. They were probably all in Bruce Smiths room, blowing come off Hookers asses.

Also suspended for stealing, had an altercation w a teammate that left the teammate hospitalized, and was arrested after a traffic accident for driving with an expired license, expired registration, no insurance and failure to appear in court.

http://www.kolotv.co...=ipad&site=full

http://blogs.rgj.com...-senior-leader/

Hopefully he is past this and I believe he is.

Hopefully he is past this and I believe he is.

I'm not going to claim much familiarity with him but at first glance.... It seems possible. So often guys on this board go with the "but he hasn't been arrested in like a month and said he was sorry" as proof a guy has turned the corner... This guy has a bit of resume though. It's really tough to put that much trouble in your past but there's good reason to think both our picks might have.

Another pick I'm confused by. Safe to say, this is why I'm not a GM of a football team. :D

What's there to be confused by? A hard-hitting FS that by all accounts has more talent than his draft position. I can understand being perplexed by Goodwin, but this pick seems to be a great pick at a position that I was pretty sure they'd be looking at going into the draft.

I love they guys Pettine are going after. I dont know anything about him, but the consensus and his highlight video seem to be a fast S with attitude and intensity, much like Kiko is a LB.

Prior to this year, no way in hell Buffalo would have done this. I love the new approach and the fact we are going for speed, talent, swagger, attitude...all things we greatly lacked!

It's about time we draft defensive players that play like their balls are on fire

Edited by flomoe

Sending a clear message to New England...you might win the game, but your days of standing on the sideline and laughing at us are over, cause we are going to kick the living hell out of you on the field, even if we lose, we are bringing it...

You might win the game, but you'll be leaving the field in a wheelchair...

Heck I like YOUR attitude Mike !!!

This FS and the ILB both have made a lot of plays in the backfield. This is what Pettine does. He shifts people so that who you think is going to cover a guy isn't, and who you think is coming on a blitz isn't. It's an attack that disguises what the defense is up to. All of the defensive moves so far are all about finding a bunch of guys that can blitz from their position and also be fast enough to cover when someone else is blitzing.

All of the talk about picking these guys because they have some off field issues is way off the mark. Yes, they want aggressive hitters out there, but they are not intentionally looking for psychos with off field issues. Seriously, you guys are cracking me up with this stuff.

This FS and the ILB both have made a lot of plays in the backfield. This is what Pettine does. He shifts people so that who you think is going to cover a guy isn't, and who you think is coming on a blitz isn't. It's an attack that disguises what the defense is up to. All of the defensive moves so far are all about finding a bunch of guys that can blitz from their position and also be fast enough to cover when someone else is blitzing.

All of the talk about picking these guys because they have some off field issues is way off the mark. Yes, they want aggressive hitters out there, but they are not intentionally looking for psychos with off field issues. Seriously, you guys are cracking me up with this stuff.

No one likes psychos...Boy have I learned that lesson first hand!!!... ;)

No one likes psychos...Boy have I learned that lesson first hand!!!... ;)

when I read this. I instantly thought of this clip. And personally, I love it. We got some guys in defense with serious attitudes. We need that against teams like the pats. For once we can have the Vince Wilfork Types.

Edited by mrags

It's about time we draft defensive players that play like their balls are on fire

LOL well put !

The kid is fast he's got some weight seems to be getting smart and he is focused.

Rockinon i think the Lions cornered that market.

heres my question guys .. Once Williams gets acclimated (sp) and becomes a Bill how does Pettine line these guys up?

Second Q. Does this affect Byrd ? If it's me i really want to play defense for the Bills I know Pettine has no problem putting 3 safeties on the field. If Silva can play....

good fun pick. be fun to watch the kids progress as with Kooko

edit. i meant Kiko

Edited by 3rdand12