Rd 4, Pick #105: S Duke Williams - Nevada

SDS

Interesting pick. Can they put a cap on the number of Williams' on the d though? Kyle, Mario, Aaron, now duke...

Seems like he starts taking good angles in pursuit then comes shallower due to closing speed. That makes for a fine potential safety...

Ok, so they're not Bills. They're Buffalo Williams'.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely agree with the Leonard Smith comparisons. He was nasty and the final piece of the puzzle for the SB Bills. Well, he helped get them there, probably they could have used another piece or two what with their record in that game and all. But I digress.

The kid smacks people down. Blow me if you've got issues with his off field antics... too fargin' bad.

Worst to first in 2013 baby! Worst to first!

Buffalo is going to be the W city from now on. :thumbsup:

While I'm happy with the Manuel, Alonso and Hopkins picks, I'm giddy over the picks of Woods and Williams. I think both will be very good starters for us for a long time. Williams is a violent safety. His explosiveness to the ball in exactly what Pettine needs from his safety. I'm eager to see if he can beat out searcy in the preseason. Both will be learning a new playbook and I think Williams might be our opening day starter. I'm eager to see how he does in coverage. He's a beast vs the run and lays some nasty licks. I think he's gonna be a star.

While I'm happy with the Manuel, Alonso and Hopkins picks, I'm giddy over the picks of Woods and Williams. I think both will be very good starters for us for a long time. Williams is a violent safety. His explosiveness to the ball in exactly what Pettine needs from his safety. I'm eager to see if he can beat out searcy in the preseason. Both will be learning a new playbook and I think Williams might be our opening day starter. I'm eager to see how he does in coverage. He's a beast vs the run and lays some nasty licks. I think he's gonna be a star.

I agree, the Williams pick is intriguing. I seem to recall reading that Pettine's defense has looks that play three safeties as well. Searcy is a good player with a lot of upside; I look forward to seeing all of these guys on the field.

Did anyone read the Schoop article on what a bad boy Williams is? Gave Buddy a hard time for saying all young guys drink underage/

Said HE was never arrested for underaged drinking.

No not Mikey, who meanwhile shills for an outlet liquor company! What a hypocrite.

Did anyone read the Schoop article on what a bad boy Williams is? Gave Buddy a hard time for saying all young guys drink underage/

Said HE was never arrested for underaged drinking.

No not Mikey, who meanwhile shills for an outlet liquor company! What a hypocrite.

I did read that piece and was stunned by what a poor writer Schopp is.

The guy has let it "slip out" that he has a genius level IQ but I've never seen that manifested in anything he's ever done.

Outwardly he seems like a very pedestrian mind and obviously his career in broadcasting is also very mediocre.

Genius is as genius does. From that view, Schopp is not a genius.

But he'll tell you that he is.

I did read that piece and was stunned by what a poor writer Schopp is.

The guy has let it "slip out" that he has a genius level IQ but I've never seen that manifested in anything he's ever done.

Outwardly he seems like a very pedestrian mind and obviously his career in broadcasting is also very mediocre.

Genius is as genius does. From that view, Schopp is not a genius.

But he'll tell you that he is.

First of all, he's lazy. In his "article" he mentions that he READ the transcript from Buddy's post-draft presser. Seriously? He's a Buffalo sports broadcaster and he couldn't take 25 minutes to listen to the event himself? If he had, he'd have heard what we all did -- Buddy mentioned that Duke had some beer underage and asked the reporters, "anyone here ever done that?" and they all laughed. It wasn't about whether everyone has been ARRESTED before, but a lighthearted comment about young men and beer.

It's a shame we're giving him publicity by even talking about this.

First of all, he's lazy. In his "article" he mentions that he READ the transcript from Buddy's post-draft presser. Seriously? He's a Buffalo sports broadcaster and he couldn't take 25 minutes to listen to the event himself? If he had, he'd have heard what we all did -- Buddy mentioned that Duke had some beer underage and asked the reporters, "anyone here ever done that?" and they all laughed. It wasn't about whether everyone has been ARRESTED before, but a lighthearted comment about young men and beer.

It's a shame we're giving him publicity by even talking about this.

Is there a trait less becoming of a professional than laziness?

It's always amazing to consider that there are posters here that put forth way more effort, thought, and research (not to mention words) than many professionally credentialed reporters.

I dont know why it has taken me this long to watch his highlights but OMG!

Know I know what they meant when the NFLN said he will knock your block off.

Some of his hits are so vicious that the players feet leave the ground when they get hit.

What a great pick!

CBF

I'm excited about this kid, he comes out of nowhere to shut down running plays. He's fast and he loves to hit, plus the Bills' scout (bb.com video) said he has CB cover skills. He has a chance to be a special player and I wouldn't be surprised to see him start opening day. If he does fulfill his potential and we're able to sign Byrd, watch out.