Rd 4, Pick #105: S Duke Williams - Nevada

SDS

Plus, you look at what the transgressions were. Were they stupid stuff that 18 and 19 year old kids typically do, or was it something more serious. As for Duke, he got dinged for "underage possession of alcohol." Show me a person that wasn't guilty of that and i'll show you a liar.

Well, I wasn't but that's only because the drinking age was 18 at the time I was in college! Now, if you want to talk about high school, then I'll respectfully take the 5th!

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shut up Marv. Instead of being a babysitter, maybe you should have concentrate on coaching and we'd have a Championship in Buffalo.

Well, maybe if Jimbo would've gotten the ball closer and Scotty made the kick, we'd have one!

Sirius NFL Radio guys liked the Duke pick. Pat Kirwan says explosive athlete, ridiculous speed for a safety; Gil Brandt likes him better than Shamarko Thomas (Mel Kiper's best available). Rangy athlete, can help big time on special teams. Can move around really well, lots of plays behind line of scrimmage.

I watched 90% of his games and he looks better on paper than he does on the field. He has the measurables, but the Nevada secondary was absolutely brutal last year. They couldn't stop anybody through the air. He lacks a feel for the game that Jairus Byrd has. He doesn't have the instincts that the great safeties have. Sometimes he gets lost and loses his awareness of where everybody is around him.

I don't know what the Bills were thinking. Maybe they just looked at his numbers. I watched him in person and he would not be in my secondary. Of course, I never understood how Chris Kelsay lasted so long either.

I watched 90% of his games and he looks better on paper than he does on the field. He has the measurables, but the Nevada secondary was absolutely brutal last year. They couldn't stop anybody through the air. He lacks a feel for the game that Jairus Byrd has. He doesn't have the instincts that the great safeties have. Sometimes he gets lost and loses his awareness of where everybody is around him.

I don't know what the Bills were thinking. Maybe they just looked at his numbers. I watched him in person and he would not be in my secondary. Of course, I never understood how Chris Kelsay lasted so long either.

probably why he was a 4th round pick and not a 1st round pick.

I still don't get why being drunk or bad at school makes you a better defender. Ill take a guy doing charity work and a beast on the field without thinking twice. Problem is we've been spotty at on field evaluation. Hopefully that is what changes, as its all that matters.

Whatever. Looks like they are getting ready to let Byrd go. Bills are amazing. They give Mario the house and now can't sign anyone else. Mario had better be Superman this year.

Whatever. Looks like they are getting ready to let Byrd go. Bills are amazing. They give Mario the house and now can't sign anyone else. Mario had better be Superman this year.

*headdesk* Seriously? The Bills have what appears to be their best draft in years. They pick up a bit of depth so that their backup at FS isn't necessarily Mana Silva? They pick up a guy who may be competition between Aaron Williams and D'Norris Seacry at SS? How will they handle that overflow of talent?

*facepalm* Seriously, we do the bare minimum for a position that is bare bones as it is, and that suddenly translates into. "We're not going to make a deal with the guy we signed a franchise tag to?"

This guy doesnt wait for the play to come for him.Which is a change from Bradham.

This comment about a LB (which I disagree with) confuses me in a thread about a safety?

I was just thinking about this:

Is there any way that maybe they think they can move this kid to CB? Maybe Nickle corner, lining up against a TE, RB or slot WR?

Exactly what the team said post draft. He will move around quite a bit. Having that versatility will allow the team to have some fun with their corners.

Looking at the video the first thing that pops out to me is his closing speed. He covers a lot of ground to make tackles for short yardage. Plus, for his size, he hits like a truck.

Not just that he covers ground, which he does. But he is DECISIVE.

When he sees what he's looking for, he's all-in. There's even one play where he correctly stayed at home on the weak side instead of over-pursuing, and made the play. I guess he has good discipline, which we want.

Lastly, someone asked if he's an "in the box" player. I'd say he's an "other side of the line of scrimmage" player.

Me happy.