Whaley Bullish on Jones: the Landry six

Yesterday Doug Whaley on the John Murphy show, talking about QBs said that he really felt Landry Jones has first round talent, NFL ready, and that he is like Fred Astaire in the pocket just like Tom Brady.

I liked Jones Most of the year and if we take him in the second we will have a quality QB that could develop into a top QB.

EDIT:

3 QBS taken, 3 more before we pik Landry in the sixth round. Kevin Kolb starts the season then just past midseason Calvin Pace hits Kolb who is taken to the hospital and almost dies. EJ isn't ready to take over So Jones takes and keeps the starting job and goes on to win 5 superbowls! B-)

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

Yesterday Doug Whaley on the John Murphy show, talking about QBs said that he really felt Landry Jones has first round talent, NFL ready, and that he is like Fred Astaire in the pocket just like Tom Brady.

I liked Jones Most of the year and if we take him in the second we will have a quality QB that could develop into a top QB.

"it's OK to lie in the month leading up to the draft". Buddy said so.

You probably wouldn't want Aaron Rodgers or Russell Wilson either then:

http://hollowverse.com/aaron-rodgers/

http://mynorthwest.c...-Russell-Wilson

Let's focus on football ability here.

meh... i'll disagree somewhat. first, rodgers and wilson are nowhere near the bible thumpers that Landry is. read this: http://www.tulsaworld.com/article.aspx/OUs_Landry_Jones_and_Whitney_Hand_embrace_role_model/20110504_92_b1_cutlin35921

regardless, i do want to like the personalities of the QB, and if one annoys me, then sure... why can't it a factor in someone's preference? not saying Landry is a bad guy, probably the opposite, but if you don't like a guy, hey... doesn't have to only be about on-field ability.

meh... i'll disagree somewhat. first, rodgers and wilson are nowhere near the bible thumpers that Landry is. read this: http://www.tulsaworl..._b1_cutlin35921

regardless, i do want to like the personalities of the QB, and if one annoys me, then sure... why can't it a factor in someone's preference? not saying Landry is a bad guy, probably the opposite, but if you don't like a guy, hey... doesn't have to only be about on-field ability.

and this is my favorite part... maybe he's on to something, lol:

"Not saying women are the root of all evil or anything like that, but Satan came to the woman first. The responsibility falls on him. We could all be walking in a totally different life if Adam had stepped up and said, 'No, we're not gonna do this; we're gonna honor God and honor our covenant that we have with him. We're not gonna eat this fruit.' "

Hand also drew from Genesis in describing Eve to the young women in the congregation.

"It's our calling to be completely submissive," she said. "That's an art that women have lost."

The Bills are higher on Jones than most teams it seems...Whaley and Buddy have talked him up quite a bit, and it's all sounded pretty genuine to me...They really like him...Buddy compared him favorably to Sam Bradford who went #1 overall...So...For whatever it's worth... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

meh... i'll disagree somewhat. first, rodgers and wilson are nowhere near the bible thumpers that Landry is. read this: http://www.tulsaworl..._b1_cutlin35921

That article hardly speaks to "Bible-thumping"; they're outspoken about their faith, no big deal.

Wilson is just as outspoken about his, quoting scripture in post-game interviews.

Point is, I find it silly to hold an outspoken faith against a guy when there are examples of similar people having great success.

That article hardly speaks to "Bible-thumping"; they're outspoken about their faith, no big deal.

Wilson is just as outspoken about his, quoting scripture in post-game interviews.

Point is, I find it silly to hold an outspoken faith against a guy when there are examples of similar people having great success.

Yup, like Ray Lewis.

I agree, I'd sell my soul to the devil himself for a Super Bowl win.

You know, when I saw your name from the main stadiumwall thread, I thought to myself "He must be here because of something related to religion"

And yup, I was right!

:lol:

Edited by Magox

"Not saying women are the root of all evil or anything like that, but Satan came to the woman first. The responsibility falls on him. We could all be walking in a totally different life if Adam had stepped up and said, 'No, we're not gonna do this; we're gonna honor God and honor our covenant that we have with him. We're not gonna eat this fruit.' "

Hand also drew from Genesis in describing Eve to the young women in the congregation.

"It's our calling to be completely submissive," she said. "That's an art that women have lost."

That stuff is a little bit crazy though and might cause some Tebow-esque controversy.

You know, when I saw your name from the main stadiumwall thread, I thought to myself "He must be here because of something related to religion"

And yup, I was right!

:lol:

I thought we were talking about quarterbacks? :devil:

That stuff is a little bit crazy though and might cause some Tebow-esque controversy.

It could, but only from those who haven't read the text. Without getting all Biblish, the overall message is that the husband is meant to be the head of the household; his job being to lead the family and love the wife. The wife's job is to give respect and support the husband in his leadership role. That's all it means, but I can see where it could be viewed differently if you haven't read and analyzed the context.

Okay, that's the last spiritually-motivated remark from me...I promise. :D

Totally Agree with you!!!

I agree, I'd sell my soul to the devil himself for a Super Bowl win.

really ? I would rather go 0-16 for the rest of my days then to

1.) sell my soul if there is such a thing

2.) listen to religious talk constantly inserted into my football entertainment while I'm simply trying to escape everyday BS like organized religions

I dislike Tebow because he feels he has to promote , and uses the media for this purpose. Whether or not Jones would be like that is questionable, but I have little tolerance for it. I would rather we not draft him if that is what he would become.

That being said there is very little out there where Jones uses football media to promote, so I doubt it would be an issue

The two guys I think are being slept on too much are Tyler Wilson and Landry Jones. Another reason I really hope the Bills go ahead and trade down, take Eifert and then a WR and wait til 41 to take their QB because even if Barkley, Nassib, and Geno (or even Manuel too) are gone, there will still be talented value at QB likely there in Wilson and Jones. I would much rather love a draft of say Eifert or Warmack, then a WR like Woods, Rogers, or Hunter followed by Wilson or Jones versus taking a QB at 8 or even in the first round on a trade down.

What would have been wrong with a nice ham sandwich?

Her other good quote: 'Hey, I'm a girl, he's a boy; how do we relate?'"

Holiest of Holies----how indeed?!

Anyway, at least he's getting some Hand...

The two guys I think are being slept on too much are Tyler Wilson and Landry Jones.

I agree completely and I wouldn't at all be surprised if the Bills pick one of them at some point, either. They may not be getting first round recognition, but I think they're both solid 2nd/3rd round prospects with a lot of talent and it wouldn't shock me to see one of the two as the best QB from this class a few years down the road.

It could, but only from those who haven't read the text. Without getting all Biblish, the overall message is that the husband is meant to be the head of the household; his job being to lead the family and love the wife. The wife's job is to give respect and support the husband in his leadership role. That's all it means, but I can see where it could be viewed differently if you haven't read and analyzed the context.

Okay, that's the last spiritually-motivated remark from me...I promise. :D

Even "in context" it's crazy ****. No, thanks. I have a wife not a follower.

The two guys I think are being slept on too much are Tyler Wilson and Landry Jones. Another reason I really hope the Bills go ahead and trade down, take Eifert and then a WR and wait til 41 to take their QB because even if Barkley, Nassib, and Geno (or even Manuel too) are gone, there will still be talented value at QB likely there in Wilson and Jones. I would much rather love a draft of say Eifert or Warmack, then a WR like Woods, Rogers, or Hunter followed by Wilson or Jones versus taking a QB at 8 or even in the first round on a trade down.

I don't think the Bills are smart enough to do that but I would be a very happy camper if that was how our draft played out. Filling all our greatest needs and still have picks 3-6 to fill the rest of the holes on our team. :thumbsup:

The Bills are higher on Jones than most teams it seems...Whaley and Buddy have talked him up quite a bit, and it's all sounded pretty genuine to me...They really like him...Buddy compared him favorably to Sam Bradford who went #1 overall...So...For whatever it's worth... B-)

And what has Sam Bradford done in the NFL to date?