Chris Brown's annual mock draft.............

ChanOverChin

has the Bills selecting QB EJ Manuel at #8. Does he know something that we don't??

The linky: http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Chris-Browns-8th-annual-mock-draft/1becd2ee-77cc-4376-bab5-4be7675e52aa.

I'm hoping the Bills will trade down at least once before they select their QB of the future.

Your thoughts on Brown's selection at #8 overall??

has the Bills selecting QB EJ Manuel at #8. Does he know something that we don't??

The linky: http://www.buffalobi...b5-4be7675e52aa.

I'm hoping the Bills will trade down at least once before they select their QB of the future.

Meh, I'm sure he doesn't know anymore than anyone else. He's only been right 1 time in the last 5 years and that was when the Bills selected Dareus, which was pretty much a given.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

Based on my experiences following the Bills in the time that Chris Brown has worked for them the answer is almost certainly no, he does not know something that we don't.

I don't understand why everyone wants to trade down to hopefully draft a QB. It makes no sense. QBs always get drafted higher than the"experts"(idiots) say. QB is the most important position on the field, if you have a guy you want take him at 8 don't risk losing him to pick up a late round pick that most likely wont pan out.

He is a member of the Bills PR department of course he knowsething we don't. Having worked in pro sports for 8 years I can promise you that those guys are preparing for a certain direction. He may not be out there revealing the plan (in fact it is probably the opposite). He certainly knows and it would seem that QB is the favorite.

I don't think Chris is as informed as many think he is. Yeah, he works at OBD and hears lots of things we never will. But the personnel and coaching staffs know Chris talks with the public. So I think (1) sometimes they tell him stuff they want to reach the public domain, (2) sometimes they keep secrets from him, and (3) sometimes they might even feed him misinformation, particularly around draft time.

I don't think Chris is as informed as many think he is. Yeah, he works at OBD and hears lots of things we never will. But the personnel and coaching staffs know Chris talks with the public. So I think (1) sometimes they tell him stuff they want to reach the public domain, (2) sometimes they keep secrets from him, and (3) sometimes they might even feed him misinformation, particularly around draft time.

They don't have to keep secrets from him. They employ him. So, if he reveals sensitive info, they can kick the scared lemur and his long winded questions out the door. He's not a true reporter. He reports a message given to him by the team with an agenda

Edited by FluffHead

I'm taking full credit for starting the TBD meme: Chris Brown is a frightened lemur. Seriously, I first said that **** like back in like 2008.

Also, he absolutely knows more than the average bear. Whether or not this is gamesmanship, an attempt to throw our opponents off the scent or to double-secret-criss-cross-confuse them, that remains unseen.

Was Manuel invited to the draft itself, which is generally reserved for people who will be drafted high? Check.

Did Manuel played for school from the South? Check.

Did the Bills target the previous FSU QB, Christian Ponder? Check.

Has Buddy Nix raved about former FSU player Nigel Bradham during this offseason? Check.

Did the Bills draft two players from FSU last year? Check.

Has Buddy Nix ever drafted anyone from outside the South in the first three rounds? No, he has not.

Edited by dave mcbride

I'm taking full credit for starting the TBD meme: Chris Brown is a frightened lemur. Seriously, I first said that **** like back in like 2008.

Also, he absolutely knows more than the average bear. Whether or not this is gamesmanship, an attempt to throw our opponents off the scent or to double-secret-criss-cross-confuse them, that remains unseen.

I couldn't recall where it started but I use it religiously; it's the perfect moniker for him. And to the original point of this thread -- the fact they even ALLOW the lemur to post a mock draft should tell you he has absolutely NO information regarding who the Bills will draft.

I couldn't recall where it started but I use it religiously; it's the perfect moniker for him. And to the original point of this thread -- the fact they even ALLOW the lemur to post a mock draft should tell you he has absolutely NO information regarding who the Bills will draft.

If I contributed nothing else to this board...

They don't have to keep secrets from him. They employ him. So, if he reveals sensitive info, they can kick the scared lemur and his long winded questions out the door. He's not a true reporter. He reports a message given to him by the team with an agenda

Exactly

That's absurd. EJ Manuel will not be the #8 pick in the NFL draft. He might be #28, 38 or 48....but NOT #8. Maybe Chris Brown is part of the PR smokescreening department.

I could only see it happening if Geno is gone before the Bills are on the clock... which means (if they haven't found a deal to move back) will need to select a QB at 8 in all likelihood. Nassib, Barkley, Manuel could really land anywhere. The Bills will have their pick of one of these guys and I actually think Manuel has the best chance of being "Elite".. but I base that on a gut feeling from what I've seen of him and could be horribly wrong.

You make a good point. But do you really think they openly reveal everything to Chris? I bet they err on the side of safety, concerned that something may leak that they don't want leaked. I would think a lot of information at OBD is shared on a need-to-know basis only.

Oh ferchrissakes---outside of professional sports, I don't think there's an industry that invites more outside experts than PR.

I know--personally--the PR director of our local NFL team. I can tell you exactly what Chris Brown knows and what he doesn't know.

Funny, but listening to the scouts, Manuel would be the one guy they don't take for SURE. They practically dismissed him. Either a great smokescreen, or maybe they asked him to do that to help throw others off the scent. Hard to believe anyone could make that pick after listening to the Bills publicly.

Funny, but listening to the scouts, Manuel would be the one guy they don't take for SURE. They practically dismissed him. Either a great smokescreen, or maybe they asked him to do that to help throw others off the scent. Hard to believe anyone could make that pick after listening to the Bills publicly.

Link? Seriously, I missed this info, am curious to read.

Are you the same Chanoverchin who posted this same (?) Chris Brown said the Bills were going to trade down?

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/157554-according-the-chris-brown/

Link? Seriously, I missed this info, am curious to read.

you could say it's open to interpretation, but i've been listening to these things a while and i think most agreed it was not all that favorable. i can't go to these places from work to give links, but i think first comments were on Bills luncheon last week (trasnscript on Buff Bills website)

and then yesterday scout talked about him (WGR website.. they have the audio).

they mention some positives, but generally if they mention as many doubts/reservations... they are not sold on a guy and it's about as negative as they tend to be.

Edited by Brainiac21

Do we have to cite our sources on TBD?

Jokes aside, nice work, I can't help but think of that every time I see his eyebrows jump off his forehead as he rambles on into the second minute of his question

you could say it's open to interpretation, but i've been listening to these things a while and i think most agreed it was not all that favorable. i can't go to these places from work to give links, but i think first comments were on Bills luncheon last week (trasnscript on Buff Bills website)

and then yesterday scout talked about him (WGR website.. they have the audio).

they mention some positives, but generally if they mention as many doubts/reservations... they are not sold on a guy and it's about as negative as they tend to be.

Thanks. It'll be interesting to see whether they're bluffing or not.

I havne't seen anyone mocking EJ Manuel that high...anyone! This is the Bills saying, "Chris, mock EJ to us, we need other teams to think we are interested in him at 8 so they'll trade up and grab him and we can slide down and get Nassib or Barkley." No chance in hell we pick Manuel at 8.

Edited by Jamie Nails

I was wondering what his track record of success was. It wuld seem this would be a great final smokescreen to throw out there. Except for the fact that it seems of all the qbs this is the one I haven't yet heard tied to the team.... Maybe they are smokescreening me! The double reverse smoke screen! That crafty old coot!

Whoever we take, where ever we take them we will hear what we heard about Donte Whitner, TJ Graham, Willis MacGahee..."Another team was looking to take him a round early so we had to grab him there"

So you were the first to describe Brown as a somewhat scared strepsirrhine primate, endemic to the island of Madagascar?

He is a member of the Bills PR department of course he knowsething we don't. Having worked in pro sports for 8 years I can promise you that those guys are preparing for a certain direction. He may not be out there revealing the plan (in fact it is probably the opposite). He certainly knows and it would seem that QB is the favorite.

Pretty much how I feel.

Btw, would anyone happen to know whose Chris' past predictions included?