I can see us trading down TWICE

Posted this in the shout box, but thought I would post it here and see what people thought. In any other year this would sound ridiculous, especially for the Bills. However, this scenario could be playing right into our hands and could be a real possibility draft night.

Rams trade up to get Tavon before Jets do. We get their 15th pick and 2nd rounder and a maybe a 4th.

At 15, Minny trades up and grabs Teo or Patterson. They send us the 23rd and 25th picks or the 23rd, their 2nd and maybe a 4th or 5th too.

If Buffalo gets both Minny picks, they can grab the QB they want and maybe even a guy like Eifert or a WR. Then we would still have 2 picks in the 2nd and an extra mid round pick or two.

If Buffalo got only one of Minny's first, they would grab their QB and have 3 second rounders and a couple extra mid round picks to really try and round out some holes.

I am never one of those crazy trade down scenario guys, but I honestly can see us trading back from 8 to with the Rams. Once at 15 I can see a team like the Vikes or Niners armed with extra picks moving up to get a couple of players that should be on the board and coveted by them and the Bills being a willing trading partner. This kind of scenario isnt out of the ordinary (see Pats) but is not a typical Buffalo move, however, I think this year is shaping up to put us in a position to pull something like this off.

Thoughts? Flame away lol

Edited by Alphadawg7

I have guys that could only be had at 8 that I would want and honestly, if they are going to go QB, I don't care who it is, just take him when your positive hes there.

However, I live the thought of this ball ways have. If they were dead set on someone if be ok with it, if not and they did this, I'd be wetting myself with joy.

Posted this in the shout box, but thought I would post it here and see what people thought. In any other year this would sound ridiculous, especially for the Bills. However, this scenario could be playing right into our hands and could be a real possibility draft night.

Rams trade up to get Tavon before Jets do. We get their 15th pick and 2nd rounder and a maybe a 4th.

At 15, Minny trades up and grabs Teo or Patterson. They send us the 23rd and 25th picks or the 23rd, their 2nd and maybe a 4th or 5th too.

If Buffalo gets both Minny picks, they can grab the QB they want and maybe even a guy like Eifert or a WR. Then we would still have 2 picks in the 2nd and an extra mid round pick or two.

If Buffalo got only one of Minny's first, they would grab their QB and have 3 second rounders and a couple extra mid round picks to really try and round out some holes.

I am never one of those crazy trade down scenario guys, but I honestly can see us trading back from 8 to with the Rams. Once at 15 I can see a team like the Vikes or Niners armed with extra picks moving up to get a couple of players that should be on the board and coveted by them and the Bills being a willing trading partner. This kind of scenario isnt out of the ordinary (see Pats) but is not a typical Buffalo move, however, I think this year is shaping up to put us in a position to pull something like this off.

Thoughts? Flame away lol

No one is trading 23 and 25 for the 15 pick, let alone for Manti Te'o.

Sure it could happen. I can't see us getting that lucky.

If you're Minnesota? Who would you rather have....Te'o or ogletree/minter and Patterson/hunter/Hopkins/wood/banks/Hayden?

They have big needs at WR, LB and CB (OL can be upgraded too). They can fill them in the first 2 rds. I can see them moving up for a talent like Austin. Not so sure about Te'o.

Edited by NewEra

The Austin/Rams scenario is likely. In the 15 hole, I think you can get the Niners to bite (Vaccaro, Rhodes, Trufant)...they have the picks to spend.

That would be a NICE collection of top 100 picks for us. They are not far-fetched scenarios at all.

Why stop there? We can get even more picks in the top 200 by trading out of the top 100 altogether. We may even be able to get picks 151-200 as all ours if we plays our cards right.

Thoughts? Flame away lol

I like it...and hope for it.

Thoughts? Flame away lol

I love your thought process. I would love this to play out like you say, but I don't think it will happen

No one is trading 23 and 25 for the 15 pick, let alone for Manti Te'o.

It would have to be 15 + the Bills or Rams 2nd to make value even with 23 + 25

Two first rounders would be awesome, gaining a second and possibly something else woul be slightly under awesome. This way we can get a QB and make up for whatever reach/deficiency/issues they have with another hole being filled. Right now, after hearing and watching everything, either Manuel/Barkley/Nassib would be fine. They all have thier own unique plus-minuses, and either one would at least bring something we need.

Thoughts? Flame away lol

My first issue here is that the Rams hold the 16th pick, not the 15th :nana:

My second issue is that I hate the idea of a trade-down altogether; I'm more in favor of taking a top 10 talent. To compound the idea of trading yourself out of the top 10 by trading yourself out of the top 20, on a team with a complete dearth of impact players, would be maddening to me. But again, that's just my opinion.

As for the realism of such a trade, yes, the Rams trade could happen (as I stated in my mock), but I heavily doubt that the Vikings would move up for Patterson or Te'o. They don't need to. It's possible that one or both of those guys would be gone by the 23rd pick, but there's not a huge difference between them and guys like Keenan Allen/DeAndre Hopkins (in the case of Patterson) or Kevin Minter/Arthur Brown (in the case of Te'o).

The Bills have so many holes trading down makes alot of sense provided the Bills scounts don't feel any of the QB's will be capable NFL starters. Nix said he felt there would be 2-3 franchise QB's in the draft. Was he making a guess based on simple probability or does he have a sense of who they are? We will find out tomorrow if he was blowing smoke up our asses.

The first round is weak. There are a bunch of teams trying to get out of the top 10 or 15. All sellers, likely few buyers.

This. With what Schefter is reporting, its seems like there are 7 to 8 teams trying to trade down. Haven't heard many teams saying there willing to move up. I'd be surprised if the Bills find 1 trading partner let alone 2.