Explosions at the boston marathon

Or you just have to think that the Post is run by retards. Judging by many of their headlines, I'm going with that.

I've seen such injuries before in pictures of war zones (the Middle East, Rwanda, Bosnia, etc.) It's rather sobering to see this happen and see the result - then reflect that some people in the world see this result from some of our actions, and start to reflect on what they must feel about us.

Which is not meant to be any sort of political statement, or establish some sort of relative moral equivalence between terrorism and warfare. Entirely the opposite, in fact - just reflecting on how, when the bombs go off, ultimately there's no difference between the guy standing in the marketplace in Baghdad from the guy watching the marathon in Boston, and politics don't mean ****.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/this-is-a-tragedydoes-it-really-matter-exactly-how,32076/?ref=auto

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think all of this we have-to-know-immediately stuff is insane. Let the authorities do their work and get it right. The only thing I need and want to know is, have we decided which dictator to blame for it that we're going to go in and overthrow yet. We don't need to know who did it for that.

Well they do solve crimes in an hour on tv.

Latest I'm seeing is that it's a "lone wolf." There has to be a picture of him putting those bombs in the trash cans.

i imagine with hundreds of trained eyes going through security video, tv clips, personal photos, etc.... hes 100% on film in some capacity and i would guess even in a dense crowd they have it narrowed down to a handful of people. though a TON of folks have backpacks, so it may be tough to get a final person settled depending on the available footage.

You'd think a pressure cooker full of metallic objects would be heavy. I bet they can reconstruct a bomb almost exactly like what was used and determine how heavy it really was, and what it would look like being carried in the bag/backpack used.

There is this but it could all be nothing. But i just goes to show you how much the authorities actually have on film

http://imgur.com/a/sUrnA

that homeless looking dude with the blue sweater/sweatshirt, that has the beard is defenately crazy looking. The other younger guys in black lookin jumpsuits and tan boots look fishy too.

You can see just about anything you want if you look at that these pictures long enough. I'd love to know what the feds see when they look at this stuff, but unfortunately (actually, it's probably a good thing), we'll never know their exact process here.

You can see just about anything you want if you look at that these pictures long enough. I'd love to know what the feds see when they look at this stuff, but unfortunately (actually, it's probably a good thing), we'll never know their exact process here.

I'm sure if you tune into any number of cable news shows they have already grilled the hot dog vendor in pic 14 as to why he only put mustard on one hotdog and does he pre-cook his wieners in a crock pot or pressure cooker. Fry him!!!

Wouldn't it be awesome if while PBO is speaking, his voice changes to David Palmer's and he begins telling us about great insurance rates?

:thumbsup:

id imagine that they process a lot of the same stuff we do but can sort through it much more efficiently, by eye, and then with various facial recognition type programs you can find the same guy across photos and film quicker. add in some behavioral recognition training.... they also have a lot of footage that we dont have access to which likely helps answer the "what about that guy" stuff that internet posters would get hung up on.

couple all that with knowledge of the backpack, exact locations of the blasts, better timelines on how the photos fit together....

that plus hundreds of them likely dedicated to it around the clock... and its hard to believe they have no idea, although its very possible they are stuck at a pool of suspects instead of just one or two.

on a total "i watch homeland on showtime" level, part of me wants to believe they already have the guy swept off the streets and in custody and its just far above any of our security clearances.

Some of that stuff they are trying to point out in the pictures is just ridiculous.

Internet forensic experts. Who the hell needs the FBI?

And did I see one that circled a teenage girl's ass and labeled it "da bomb"?