If the Bills acquire 2 QB's......

jaybee

.........should they draft both of them? Maybe one at #8 and one in a later round...say maybe 4th or 5th round if someone is still there that shows promise ?

Or....

Should they pick up a veteran free agent AND draft a QB?

Or...

Screw that, just draft one and go with TJ as your "probable" back up ?

Curious what you guys think. I "think" I'd like to see them draft one (in the 1st round) and pick up a free agent. The free agent would need to be a good student of the game and offense they are running. One that could help along the youngster. One that could play half way respectable should the rookie get hurt, or struggle badly. Is having a mentor veteran QB over-rated? I would think not but I've been wrong before.

Probably a dumb question I suppose, but I'd be interested in your opinions. ps....

Mods: merge it if you must, didnt see a thread out there but I'm not a good searcher either.

Many thanks,

jb

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here is what I have said since November. Cut Fitz or restructure for backup role. We know how that turned out. If Fitz is cut than give TJax an extension of 1year. Done! Draft your desired qb round 1 and a sleeper in late round or UDFA after the draft. If one of those two do not prove to be your future stud try again next year. This is what they should have done the last three years. We know how that worked.

There isn't much to like in FA QBs right now.

I don't see any real drop-off between Ryan Fitzpatrick and T Jackson.

I don't see any QB, other than Matt Barkley, who will not be pushed for playing time by Jackson this year. Jackson is really not that bad - he isn't a long-term starter, but he had similar potential coming out of college to most of the guys in this class. I think Jackson could start the first half or more of this year as he does have considerable experience and pretty good physical talent.

Well, you've got 6 picks to blow. Thats it.

One pick is a qb for sure. That leaves 5 picks left. There are glaring needs at wr, nt, te, lb, cb, s.

Knowing what I know right now, this minute, I'd think that the bills would have to believe beyond a shadow of a doubt that the second qb is an absolute no brainer steal.

We don't know what free agents the bills are going to sign, if any, in the next 4 weeks. Who knows, they could sign or acquire a qb, wr, te, lb before the draft... if for no other reason than to keep the teams guessing as to who they might select at #8.

To me right now, the 2nd qb in draft said to be a bad one for qbs would not be a wise choice. But they might pick up two qb rookie free agents after the draft if they don't bring in a qb before draft day.

I will keep it simple.... one of two things will happen

1) We draft a good QB first round, and a defensive player second round

or

2) We draft a GREAT defensive player first round, and a qb second round

Lets be real, this is the Bills, we will most likely draft a crappy player, whether it is a QB, defensive player, or something else

Not seeing any FAs i'd be interested in.

If they see another guy they like in the later rounds after taking a QB early, i say take another one.

On paper, it makes sense, but I just can't support a decision like this...

Picking ONE successful QB from this crop will be hard enough.... Taking TWO seems wasteful considering the talent available at other positions. -It's a bad call.

Feels like the legitimate starting QB's were drafted in '12, while the '13 draft features their backups. :lol:

(psst: Its "QBs." Its not "QB's." An apostrophe never ever makes anything plural in English. It makes it possessive, or it indicates that some letters are missing, like in a contraction such as "can't." Ex: "The QB's iphone fell out of his pocket and I picked it up." or "Three QBs dropped their iphones at the same time.")

As to the substance, I'm cool with drafting one or two. Two would be better. But I hope that, if they are going QB this year, they use the first pick for a QB. And I mean the 8th pick. No trading down nonsense. For 13+ years they have played around, trying to outsmart everyone. Just keep picking a QB with your first pick until you find one. Please.

Edited by maddenboy