UPDATE: LB Karlos Dansby good match for new Bills defense scheme?

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ear ache, my eye!

GO BILLS!!!

The worlds coming to an end I don't even care. As long as I can have a limo and my orange hair!!!!

It don't bother me if people think I'm funny, cuz I'm a big rockstar makin lots of money!

It was fun to listen to FZ and Cheech doing that again. Been years man.

BTW F5 damn it
Edited by bowery4

Not saying a deal is done, but unless there's some kind of rule that you have to announce a signing once the ink is dry it makes no sense to announce this deal until at least Friday night. Same with a potential Brandon Moore signing. Everyone knows we need a QB, but LB and Guard are also perceived needs.

there is no way you keep this totally secret - your talking team, agent (and agency), player, the nfl offices... all keeping a secret. we will know within minutes of his signing, and there are plenty of reasons not to wait til the draft.

PFC has negative credibility. They've basically acknowledged they make things up for page hits.

yes. that tweet amounts to one of us posting "man hes been there two day - they must be talking contract at this point" but they say it with a lot more certainty and put PFC on it to make it look like theres authority. they are a couple of totally unconnected fans having fun running a website.

Would someone please tell us what the tweet said?

I'm at work and my work blocks twitter.

CBF

not verbatim but essentially - visit went great, they are talking contract. but having come from PFC, theres no reason to worry about missing it in the first place.

The worlds coming to an end I don't even care. As long as I can have a limo and my orange hair!!!!

It don't bother me if people think I'm funny, cuz I'm a big rockstar makin lots of money!

It was fun to listen to FZ and Cheech doing that again. Been years man.

BTW F5 damn it

My father disowned me, cause I wear my sister's clothes.

He caught me in the bathroom with a pair of pantyhose!

GO BILLS!!!

Not saying a deal is done, but unless there's some kind of rule that you have to announce a signing once the ink is dry it makes no sense to announce this deal until at least Friday night. Same with a potential Brandon Moore signing. Everyone knows we need a QB, but LB and Guard are also perceived needs.

I think just the opposite. Take him of the market and other teams are Moe likely to grab a LB. If they have a deal, announce it asap!

I think just the opposite. Take him of the market and other teams are Moe likely to grab a LB. If they have a deal, announce it asap!

I don't think Dansbys availability is going to dictate anyone's draft plans at this point. Unless of course you're the team that signs him.

Edited by Hazed and Amuzed

Again, if there are other teams thinking of using a draft pick on a LB some time in the first 3 rounds, taking the best available free agent off the market, can tip the scales for a team.

I don't think Dansbys availability is going to dictate anyone's draft plans at this point. Unless of course you're the team that signs him.

Just as a point of reference, James Harrison's contract is worth a max of $4.45 MM over two years

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/04/james-harrison-new-contract-with-bengals-totals-out-at-4-45-million-max/

I think this is a very reasonable contract.

Compared to Dansby, Harrison is 3 years older but has similar 'name value'.

If we sign Dansby, I expect it will be higher than Harrison's contract probably in the 3 MM per year range total.

Just as a point of reference, James Harrison's contract is worth a max of $4.45 MM over two years

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/04/james-harrison-new-contract-with-bengals-totals-out-at-4-45-million-max/

I think this is a very reasonable contract.

Compared to Dansby, Harrison is 3 years older but has similar 'name value'.

If we sign Dansby, I expect it will be higher than Harrison's contract probably in the 3 MM per year range total.

dansby was much more productive on the field last year than harrison. closer to a 3 year, 12m or so with about 1/3 to 1/2 guaranteed if i had to venture. 3 years for over 30 vets is a huge gap

there is no way you keep this totally secret - your talking team, agent (and agency), player, the nfl offices... all keeping a secret. we will know within minutes of his signing, and there are plenty of reasons not to wait til the draft.

Yes but there's one important reason not to say anything as well. Ol poker face Buddy hates to give other teams info. Keep LB a perceived need in the early rounds it can't hurt.

How are the hill people holding up these days?

dansby was much more productive on the field last year than harrison. closer to a 3 year, 12m or so with about 1/3 to 1/2 guaranteed if i had to venture. 3 years for over 30 vets is a huge gap

This is about exactly what I was thinking. 3yrs somewhere around 12-15m.