Ryan Fitzpatrick - QB - Tennessee Titans

MClem06

now if he signs elsewhere does that reduce our financial obligations?

No, unlike in MLB with its guaranteed contracts. My Mets released Jason Bay and he was signed by the Mariners, so he's earning a really nice double dip paycheck this season. In fact he and Bobby Bonilla are the Mets highest paid outfielders this season!

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, unlike in MLB with its guaranteed contracts. My Mets released Jason Bay and he was signed by the Mariners, so he's earning a really nice double dip paycheck this season. In fact he and Bobby Bonilla are the Mets highest paid outfielders this season!

Bobby Bonilla!! Holy ****. They re-signed him after being out of baseball for 10+ years?

Er, no. Hasselbeck was released. Apparently Titans were on the hook to pay him $5 or 6 million this year, which they jibbed at. Rumor already has Hasselbeck moving to the Colts.

So they have Locker, who threw 56% completions, 10 TDs, and 11 INTs last year, and now they have Fitz.

It actually may be a reasonable chance that Fitz would start there, or move into a starting role if Locker stumbles again.

Ok. missed the release of Haseslbeck.

You beat me to it. LOL. Fitz will get some playing time and it will be interesting to see how he does vs whatever we got starting at the time.

I doesn't really matter as far as I can tell, because we are trying to find a new QB. The new guy might be better, or he might be worse than Fitz, but we already know Fitz can't get the job done. So when people start whining about how we "could have won 8 games this year if we had kept Fitz", maybe you will feel good, but it was time to change.

Gotta be happy for him. Fitz was a good guy in my book.

Who has made personal attacks on him here? We virtually all agree he is a good guy. Just not a good Qb.

He was too damn stubborn to just renegotiate his deal here. If he had, he probably would be making more money than he is getting from Tennessee. His ego just couldn't allow him to take a pay cut here. He showed his true colors with this move if you ask me.

i dont think thats what happened

the bills have made it very clear they are drafting a qb in the first two rounds and intend to do everything they can to let him play. they already had their veteran backup in tjax on a cheap contract and thus could afford to lowball fitz bc they really didnt need him anymore

tennessee otoh has watched locker struggle for two seasons without getting much better and thus are less committed to just letting him play. hasselbeck is rapidly losing his skills and really is only good as an emergency backup/mentor, which is why hes perfect in luckland. fitz is a definite upgrade comparatively and being in his prime years at least has the potential to turn the corner and become their starter for the next couple of seasons - which i think he will. thus they would want to pay him considerably more than the bills would

i would have done exactly the same thing as fitz did. good luck to him

I dont think the shows the Bills as inept at all. Teams make mistakes on QBs all the time. Cassel, and Kolb are two prime examples recently. WE signed a guy that had played well for us, was showing signs of being a leader and they made a move. It didnt work out. If the defense showed up at all over the next season in a half, things may have turned out very differently

Your comments relative to defense are spot on. Fitz was never a guy that was going to carry a team on his back. I am glad the Bills have moved on.

Said it before, will say it again: Fitz was not the problem in Buffalo, it was the DEFENSE! Was he the answer, no, but he certainly was not the problem for this team.

Ahhhh? How's the old saying go, "be careful what you wish for," and look, what do we have at QB now? NOTHING! And what's our prospects, a 2nd or 3rd round draftee in a year of bad QBs to draft. Great plan! Paying him 3 mil. will look like a bargain come October.

Oh well, time to move on, let me just finish this >>> :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Said it before, will say it again: Fitz was not the problem in Buffalo, it was the DEFENSE! Was he the answer, no, but he certainly was not the problem for this team.

Ahhhh? How's the old saying go, "be careful what you wish for," and look, what do we have at QB now? NOTHING! And what's our prospects, a 2nd or 3rd round draftee in a year of bad QBs to draft. Great plan! Paying him 3 mil. will look like a bargain come October.

Oh well, time to move on, let me just finish this >>> :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Fitz may not have been THE problem, but he was certainly part of the problem. If you couldn't see that, then you weren't watching. Even with the terrible defense, there were plenty of games the Bills could have won with even a mediocre QB. Fitz was absolutely horrible.

nicest fans in the world we are......

csbill the defense was brutal..........as was fitz whenever it mattered losing 20 of 28 games is something no?

fitz was a turnover machine without an arm though, i don't think you REALLY want him back?

someone said earlier the fans are getting him fired? i don't think this is the case, if it is good for the fans that is impressive, but i think the turnovers and the record is what did him in, (buddy nix's catfished call says it all to me)

we are the opposite of philly fans as we show love to people like Easley, Fitz, Poz, even Whitner to some.

Fitz good luck in Tennessee. At least you tried and no one can hate you for that.

But...but...Locker was the 8th pick in the draft! Surely taking a QB, any QB, is a foolproof way to improve!

If you follow the the full logic of that theory then the rationale is to keep picking the qb until you get it right

fitz is a definite upgrade comparatively and being in his prime years at least has the potential to turn the corner and become their starter for the next couple of seasons - which i think he will.

Chan, is that you? Still determined that Fitz is in his prime, full of potential and with a huge upside just waiting to bloom. A starter for years to come...... :sick::wallbash::sick:

Edited by simpleman