Ryan Fitzpatrick - QB - Tennessee Titans

MClem06

I would guess that Fitz see's some playing time, what we see from him I don't know. He is just as much a product of Gailey as any skill he brings to the table. I like the guy, but without Gailey I think he may be toast....with the TJax is terrible under any OC

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was too damn stubborn to just renegotiate his deal here. If he had, he probably would be making more money than he is getting from Tennessee. His ego just couldn't allow him to take a pay cut here. He showed his true colors with this move if you ask me.

Sour grapes much?

You are the leader of a project at your job. Your boss asks you to take a pay cut and demotion and work under this kid who just finished college and has no experience. Your reaction is......?

Said it before, will say it again: Fitz was not the problem in Buffalo, it was the DEFENSE! Was he the answer, no, but he certainly was not the problem for this team.

Ahhhh? How's the old saying go, "be careful what you wish for," and look, what do we have at QB now? NOTHING! And what's our prospects, a 2nd or 3rd round draftee in a year of bad QBs to draft. Great plan! Paying him 3 mil. will look like a bargain come October.

Oh well, time to move on, let me just finish this >>> :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

You are absolutely right. The morons here who think they are going to get 24 TDs a year (and fewer interceptions) out of just anybody are in for a shock. Fitz had and has holes in his game, but if the team didn't have to score 30 points a game to win, they would have made the playoffs at least two of the last three years.

Of coarse a 1st round pick at qb is a sure thing....

In fact the higher you draft someone the better they become.

If I remember right Fitz was 1-0 for the Titans last year. He was certainly their best player when we played them.

Yeah Fitz was awesome with his one ill-timed interception. Then again George Wilson was almost as awesome dropping a sure INT that would have won the Bills that game, and of course the defense was stellar letting the Titans score 5 TDs on them. But you are right, it's all Fitz's fault.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Sour grapes much?

You are the leader of a project at your job. Your boss asks you to take a pay cut and demotion and work under this kid who just finished college and has no experience. Your reaction is......?

Depends.....

Did my project fail?

Was my project's failure in large part due to my lack of fundamental skills as a project leader?

Did most peers perform better at their job than I did?

Was I being grossly overpaid for my performance in the first place?

If the answer was yes to all of those questions, I probably wouldn't find much to complain about.

You are absolutely right. The morons here who think they are going to get 24 TDs a year (and fewer interceptions) out of just anybody are in for a shock. Fitz had and has holes in his game, but if the team didn't have to score 30 points a game to win, they would have made the playoffs at least two of the last three years.

I'm looking forward to all the excuses from the Fitz bashers next season.

PTR

Sour grapes much?

You forgot to add-

The entire prank phone call thing.

It was horrible or great timing depending on what out come you wanted. But no doubt that had to ruffle Fitz's feathers just a bit. As it would me or most other people with pride.

i dont think thats what happened

the bills have made it very clear they are drafting a qb in the first two rounds and intend to do everything they can to let him play. they already had their veteran backup in tjax on a cheap contract and thus could afford to lowball fitz bc they really didnt need him anymore

tennessee otoh has watched locker struggle for two seasons without getting much better and thus are less committed to just letting him play. hasselbeck is rapidly losing his skills and really is only good as an emergency backup/mentor, which is why hes perfect in luckland. fitz is a definite upgrade comparatively and being in his prime years at least has the potential to turn the corner and become their starter for the next couple of seasons - which i think he will. thus they would want to pay him considerably more than the bills would

i would have done exactly the same thing as fitz did. good luck to him

How can you say they didn't need him anymore? Look at the roster. Of course they wanted to keep him. I think it came out that they wanted to drop him to 3 millioan with the possibility of incentives to take him back up to around 7. If he renegotiated, it would have helped the cap too. It was in both of their interest to restructure. He refused to take a paycut. It was hurt feelings. In my opinion, with the way he played, he practically stole 21 milion from the team already. No one was going to pay him to start on any other team. He played a game of chicken with the Bills knowing that they were in a bad situation. He lost, the Bils cut him.

Sour grapes much?

How much will I be paid and can I make that money working somewhere else? Especially if I knew I had just been paid way more than I was worth for two years and did not do a very good job leading the project.

Dalton looked quite pathetic at the end of last season and especially in the wildcard playoff game. It was actually the worst postseason performance by a QB since 1999. Fitz may be an upgrade.

Wildcard playoff game? What is that? How could Fitz be an improvement over a qb who actually got his team to the playoffs?

The Bonilla story really is fascinating

Yes it is. As a Mets fan I’ve always found this to be really interesting. Bobby Bo and his agents negotiated one of the greatest contract buyouts ever!!!! The Mets will be paying him just under $2 mil per year from 2011 through 2036. Sorry to go off topic but here’s a link explaining how it came about.

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/articles/entertainment-articles/bobby-bonilla-baseball-contract/

As for Fitz, good for him. Good guy, hard worker, subpar QB. Even with all his struggles, I still enjoyed watching him play more than any of the other QBs we’ve had since Bledsoe…how sad is that??

IMO, Locker would have to flat out fall on his face or get injured for Fitz to see the field. This will be Locker’s make or break year and I think TN will give him every opportunity to be the guy and will give him the benefit of the doubt if he struggles. No way Fitz beats him out by week 5 as someone else posted.

Yes it is. As a Mets fan I’ve always found this to be really interesting. Bobby Bo and his agents negotiated one of the greatest contract buyouts ever!!!! The Mets will be paying him just under $2 mil per year from 2011 through 2036. Sorry to go off topic but here’s a link explaining how it came about.

http://www.celebrity...eball-contract/

As for Fitz, good for him. Good guy, hard worker, subpar QB. Even with all his struggles, I still enjoyed watching him play more than any of the other QBs we’ve had since Bledsoe…how sad is that??

IMO, Locker would have to flat out fall on his face or get injured for Fitz to see the field. This will be Locker’s make or break year and I think TN will give him every opportunity to be the guy and will give him the benefit of the doubt if he struggles. No way Fitz beats him out by week 5 as someone else posted.

I think the Titans are expecting to make a playoff run this year with all the moves they have made. If Locker continues to suck, why would they give him "the benefit of the doubt" when the season is on the line?

I think you need to evaluate when (and in what situations) those TDs are being thrown, as well as the INTs, fumbles, and drive-killing missed throws. The NFL is all about the 4th quarter, and Fitz flat out sucks in the 4th quarter.

Loved his toughness, hated his throwing motion (and hence his inaccuracy).

Also loved him at camp, He seemed to go out of his way every year to give one of my sons stuff at the fence :)

I wish him nothing but success. His is a class act in my book.