Awwww crap, AJZEPP Is Back?

BRAWNDO

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So because of the stupidity of some members of this board we have lost the insights of great posters of Lori, Tim Graham and now AJ. Great.

Each of the 3 added a good degree of humor too. Don't discount the fact that Graham has great wit; Lori is an encyclopedia of sports knowledge but never afraid to toss in a funny retort and AJ -- will always appreciate that Focker....

Folks get tired, they leave, they come back -- I think the suckification of the Bills the last decade plus has sapped our sense of humor. We shouldn't let it. We are bound by a loyalty to the Bills and that, in some sense, makes us family -- the good, the bad--but always family.

Edited by JoeF

If anybody has any problems with any content or any particular posters, y'all should always feel free to drop me a line.

I don't think it's an individual post or poster here and there, it's the overall tone of the board in general lately...

I don't think it's an individual post or poster here and there, it's the overall tone of the board in general lately...

This^

Save for a few posters (and I know their avatars) This place is overall very negative. I almost left a few times. I enjoy reading peoples threads, especially on OTW, that I've stayed. But I could see myself taking a break over the summer

A long time ago I was getting really PO at DCTom/etc. Finally I said " Why do I care what some aholes across the country that I will likely never meet say." I don't get mad any more, just call out people when they act like they know my area of expetise.

A long time ago I was getting really PO at DCTom/etc. Finally I said " Why do I care what some aholes across the country that I will likely never meet say." I don't get mad any more, just call out people when they act like they know my area of expetise.

I feel the same way. Nobody will ever find out where to find me

Edited by Hammered a Lot

of course no one thinks its THEM thats the problem. eventually personality conflicts drive people away from things. and the anonymity of a message board emboldens us to be blunter than we'd be in real life.

its inevitable that people reach a breaking point and say that this isnt worth it.some comment will be the straw that broke the camels back.

and there is also the growing problem of internet addiction. i think its a serious problem we all need to be aware of.

Each of the 3 added a good degree of humor too. Don't discount the fact that Graham has great wit; Lori is an encyclopedia of sports knowledge but never afraid to toss in a funny retort and AJ -- will always appreciate that Focker....

Folks get tired, they leave, they come back -- I think the suckification of the Bills the last decade plus has sapped our sense of humor. We shouldn't let it. We are bound by a loyalty to the Bills and that, in some sense, makes us family -- the good, the bad--but always family.

Lori put in the finest post I have ever seen on here,without question. It was about Jack Kemp when he died, beautiful piece of writing.

If anybody has any problems with any content or any particular posters, y'all should always feel free to drop me a line.

Hey, I gotta problem with someone. GBID started a thread about him and his wife having dinner with Sophie Vergara and he never posted a pic. I find that very rude.

Just kidding. I hope that I am not a contributor to guys like AJ taking a break from this site. My coping mechanism for the Bills sucking so bad is sarcasm.

AJ sent me a message telling me he would not be posting on TBD anymore. I was disappointed, but I understood. He did leave me his e-mail and I have kept in touch with him, but have not heard from him lately. I do hope that he does come back to the board, he was great to have around.

Hey brothers (and sisters!)

It's funny cause just the other day when Brandon Hantz had a huge meltdown on Survivor, the first thing I felt the urge to do was to come on TBD and see what James and the rest of our regular crew was saying about the episode. I took that as a sign that my self-imposed period of exile had served its purpose and I was just about ready to become active again, and then when Fez and Jim emailed me that a few folks were wondering why I hadn't been posting, it served as an extra bit of confirmation. .

Basically the quote that JB posted pretty much encapsulated how I was feeling at the time, so I appreciate him sharing that. Since October I've been more active on a couple of the home theater/audio forums that I enjoy, which is always a "safe place" since most of the mbrs are in a perpetual state of joy from buying all sorts of audio gear lol. I even had some good movie discussions from time to time, but they just never came close to replacing an authentic Vader posting, or the level of insight and humor that I've always enjoyed and appreciated from you guys. Speaking of which, if this is true that tgreg has left or is taking time away, I hope that he'll see this thread like I did and consider checking in...I agree with all of you who said that he's one of the guys we all love to hear from and it's not the same w/out him.

Anyway, thanks Brawndo and everyone, I really appreciate the kind words and I truly hope that nobody took it personally that I needed to bail for a bit. It really meant a whole lot to me when a few of you took the time back in October to talk to me about my frustration (you know who you are), and I appreciate the soft landing you're providing me now. (Oh, and btw, James, if you and I were running the race this season, we'd never have done anything as stupid as what that team did last week....I haven't watched last night's episode yet, but wow, last week was pathetic!)

Really good to see you guys :)

Dammit!!! She. what you guys did????

:-)

Hey brothers (and sisters!)

It's funny cause just the other day when Brandon Hantz had a huge meltdown on Survivor, the first thing I felt the urge to do was to come on TBD and see what James and the rest of our regular crew was saying about the episode. I took that as a sign that my self-imposed period of exile had served its purpose and I was just about ready to become active again, and then when Fez and Jim emailed me that a few folks were wondering why I hadn't been posting, it served as an extra bit of confirmation. .

Basically the quote that JB posted pretty much encapsulated how I was feeling at the time, so I appreciate him sharing that. Since October I've been more active on a couple of the home theater/audio forums that I enjoy, which is always a "safe place" since most of the mbrs are in a perpetual state of joy from buying all sorts of audio gear lol. I even had some good movie discussions from time to time, but they just never came close to replacing an authentic Vader posting, or the level of insight and humor that I've always enjoyed and appreciated from you guys. Speaking of which, if this is true that tgreg has left or is taking time away, I hope that he'll see this thread like I did and consider checking in...I agree with all of you who said that he's one of the guys we all love to hear from and it's not the same w/out him.

Anyway, thanks Brawndo and everyone, I really appreciate the kind words and I truly hope that nobody took it personally that I needed to bail for a bit. It really meant a whole lot to me when a few of you took the time back in October to talk to me about my frustration (you know who you are), and I appreciate the soft landing you're providing me now. (Oh, and btw, James, if you and I were running the race this season, we'd never have done anything as stupid as what that team did last week....I haven't watched last night's episode yet, but wow, last week was pathetic!)

Really good to see you guys :)

Hopefully this is a welcome back AJ. Also, I hope I wasn't one of the ones that sent you away. (I never got an email :-( sniff.....) it's all good man. Hopefully your back and enjoying the craziness once again that is TBD.

of course no one thinks its THEM thats the problem. eventually personality conflicts drive people away from things. and the anonymity of a message board emboldens us to be blunter than we'd be in real life.

its inevitable that people reach a breaking point and say that this isnt worth it.some comment will be the straw that broke the camels back.

and there is also the growing problem of internet addiction. i think its a serious problem we all need to be aware of.

I think that is very true. I am pretty sure that I have driven people to distraction......just as others have driven me half crazy.

I tend to think however that it is the lack of "common decency" that really does the damage.

Because of the impersonal nature of the internet, people tend to forget that they are talking to actual people. Many a time I have felt the urge to type "You're an idiot" (No to you specifically Tcali....everything you write is flawless and perfect :))......but I refrain from doing so....realizing that not only is the person I am talking to entitled to their opinions regardless of whether it is based in knowledge or rational thought......but that I too am guilty(on the odd occasion) of not seeing things in a fully reasonable light.

I personally can cope with idiots......I can cope with a massive influx of new or occasional posters espousing thoughts of doom & gloom(or conversely kool-aid inspired rainbows)......I can cope with people with dogmatic views.....I can even cope with people who don't understand the difference between a marsupial and a monotreme......but I have a difficult time coping with people who are quick to insult somebody.