Awwww crap, AJZEPP Is Back?

BRAWNDO

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So why do posters get angry & emotional on this board? The pro Buffalo sports scene is awful that's why. They are desparate for a winner! Bills 12-13 years without playoffs and look to be headed to have the worst NFL record this year. The Sabres have the second worse record in the NHL. So much to be happy about.

Hey brothers (and sisters!)

It's funny cause just the other day when Brandon Hantz had a huge meltdown on Survivor, the first thing I felt the urge to do was to come on TBD and see what James and the rest of our regular crew was saying about the episode. I took that as a sign that my self-imposed period of exile had served its purpose and I was just about ready to become active again, and then when Fez and Jim emailed me that a few folks were wondering why I hadn't been posting, it served as an extra bit of confirmation. .

Basically the quote that JB posted pretty much encapsulated how I was feeling at the time, so I appreciate him sharing that. Since October I've been more active on a couple of the home theater/audio forums that I enjoy, which is always a "safe place" since most of the mbrs are in a perpetual state of joy from buying all sorts of audio gear lol. I even had some good movie discussions from time to time, but they just never came close to replacing an authentic Vader posting, or the level of insight and humor that I've always enjoyed and appreciated from you guys. Speaking of which, if this is true that tgreg has left or is taking time away, I hope that he'll see this thread like I did and consider checking in...I agree with all of you who said that he's one of the guys we all love to hear from and it's not the same w/out him.

Anyway, thanks Brawndo and everyone, I really appreciate the kind words and I truly hope that nobody took it personally that I needed to bail for a bit. It really meant a whole lot to me when a few of you took the time back in October to talk to me about my frustration (you know who you are), and I appreciate the soft landing you're providing me now. (Oh, and btw, James, if you and I were running the race this season, we'd never have done anything as stupid as what that team did last week....I haven't watched last night's episode yet, but wow, last week was pathetic!)

Really good to see you guys :)

Great to have you back AJ. Hope you have had a good break away from the board. Look forward to more entertainment opinions and suggestions from you.

IIRC Tater did drop in while you were in exile.

Dang, sorry I missed him...hopefully he'll be back soon then. I'm glad he's still out there!

Where has slash been? That damn hypnotoad catch him?

I think he walked away on his own for a bit. I hope nothing bad happened to him - like it did Stuck in Cincy when we found out he was Frankenstein and in jail.

I'm hoping he found himself a fine lady, or absent that, a really horny hot babe and when he comes up for air he'll give us the story.

It'll be epic, no doubt.

I think he walked away on his own for a bit. I hope nothing bad happened to him - like it did Stuck in Cincy when we found out he was Frankenstein and in jail.

I'm hoping he found himself a fine lady, or absent that, a really horny hot babe and when he comes up for air he'll give us the story.

It'll be epic, no doubt.

SiC? what???

And I think he just got fed up with what was going on...

Hey brothers (and sisters!)

It's funny cause just the other day when Brandon Hantz had a huge meltdown on Survivor, the first thing I felt the urge to do was to come on TBD and see what James and the rest of our regular crew was saying about the episode. I took that as a sign that my self-imposed period of exile had served its purpose and I was just about ready to become active again, and then when Fez and Jim emailed me that a few folks were wondering why I hadn't been posting, it served as an extra bit of confirmation. .

Basically the quote that JB posted pretty much encapsulated how I was feeling at the time, so I appreciate him sharing that. Since October I've been more active on a couple of the home theater/audio forums that I enjoy, which is always a "safe place" since most of the mbrs are in a perpetual state of joy from buying all sorts of audio gear lol. I even had some good movie discussions from time to time, but they just never came close to replacing an authentic Vader posting, or the level of insight and humor that I've always enjoyed and appreciated from you guys. Speaking of which, if this is true that tgreg has left or is taking time away, I hope that he'll see this thread like I did and consider checking in...I agree with all of you who said that he's one of the guys we all love to hear from and it's not the same w/out him.

Anyway, thanks Brawndo and everyone, I really appreciate the kind words and I truly hope that nobody took it personally that I needed to bail for a bit. It really meant a whole lot to me when a few of you took the time back in October to talk to me about my frustration (you know who you are), and I appreciate the soft landing you're providing me now. (Oh, and btw, James, if you and I were running the race this season, we'd never have done anything as stupid as what that team did last week....I haven't watched last night's episode yet, but wow, last week was pathetic!)

Really good to see you guys :)

It is good to have you back but that is a long post with only small bits of info about the things you've been doing. It might be more efficient if you just did an episode of your web show about all the things that happened.

It is good to have you back but that is a long post with only small bits of info about the things you've been doing. It might be more efficient if you just did an episode of your web show about all the things that happened.

:D

While we're on the subject of lost posters, what has happened to the ladies of TSW - Cablelady and Aussie, in particular? God knows the place needs the class of a woman's wisdom every now and again.

Catfish!

Don't trust them!

Lana has not been on.

All the womenz were one sketchy Samoan man. I knew it.

So why do posters get angry & emotional on this board? The pro Buffalo sports scene is awful that's why. They are desparate for a winner! Bills 12-13 years without playoffs and look to be headed to have the worst NFL record this year. The Sabres have the second worse record in the NHL. So much to be happy about.

This sums it up pretty well. We all just want some kind of "reward" for the passion, time, and $ we spend on these teams. Sure I think we all realize there are more important things in life, but we all obviously have a deep rooted connection with the Bills that is part of who we are and something that can't just be totally turned off. It's what makes us different than bandwagon Pats fans or fair weather Fins fans that probably can't name their teams starting center let alone their entire practice squad like we probably can.

I have a very demanding job with tons of travel through the spring and summer months, and stretching into early fall. Cant even begin to count up the amount of nights i spend in hotels each year. My travel schedule pretty much winds down as the NFL season gets going so it's even magnified for me. The fall is my time. I know I'll be at home sleeping in my bed every night, unless I'm somewhere else by choice. I love having season tickets and traveling to an away game or two every year despite the obvious time and $ thats involved. Sundays in the fall are the days that I look forward too now and throughout the summer. I love partying all day and enjoying the company of my group.

At the same time I realize that putting those days up on a pedestal like that also means that I'm more likely to greatly overreact to the outcome of said Sundays. Look at my profile I'm plenty guilty of being drunk and posting crap out of my ass that I would never say under normal circumstances. I know it's not right and I always dread re reading my posts after days like that. Unfortunately they are all to common in recent years.

I really just want us to have a winner so we can all experience some damn fun together again. I can't even imagine what it would be like to be talking about an upcoming playoff matchup, or how loud the Ralph was for last weeks wild card game, I think that would instantly cure a lot of the BS on here as well as a lot of the "fan behavior" threads that always pop up.

It doesn't look like it will happen this year but who knows maybe this new regime can bring some fun back into this hobby for us. That's what it should be about right? I know one thing, if some magical day we get to see the Bills hold up that trophy, there won't be a fanbase anywhere that could come close to feeling the way we all will that day.

While we're on the subject of lost posters, what has happened to the ladies of TSW - Cablelady and Aussie, in particular? God knows the place needs the class of a woman's wisdom every now and again.

I can't speak for Aussie. I can speak for Aussiew. Aussiew is well.

The closer it gets to the schedule release the more we will hear

from Aussiew