Bills officially sign QB Kevin Kolb

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got the notification on my phone.

I laughed. Showed it to my friends. They laughed. We all laughed.

Right, Kolb, right. If you wanted to win a Superbowl, you would have signed on for minimum as the backup to a contender. But, you took the best paycheck you could find, instead. We know what's up. You'll be on the bench by mid season, either due to injury, or tanking. :P

This reminds me of a Braves player (I forget who) in spring training prior to the 1990 season saying the Braves were trying to win it all. After a decade of futility and coming off another last place finish I thought that sounded pretty ridiculous too. They lost the World Series in extra innings of game 7.

If kolb's comment did not cause you to burst out laughing, then I envy your state of delusion.

i'm actually thinking that if you don't have this attitude, get the hell off this team! whether he can lead a team, this team, to the superbowl or not, that is the ultimate goal. i want every player on this team to want to be the best. and to work their butts off trying to reach that goal. i certainly won't laugh at that.

I fully expect Kolb to be the starter on opening day (assuming he makes it through camp without getting injured). But I really don't think salary will have anything to do with it. If TJax outperforms Kolb, I think he starts. If the rookie is ready, he starts. I see a true competition with Kolb placed in the lead at the beginning but not locked in. Im interested to see how much guaranteed money he gets. He might not be on the opening day roster if the guaranteed money is not significant.

I think that the starting job will be Kolb's to lose. My rationale is that I don't think they saw any of the QB they want to draft this year as NFL ready. TJax, like Fitz, has a lot of film on his many starts. You know what you're gonna get there. Kolb still has a bit of the unknown - not too many starts in Philly, and a horrid OL in AZ. They are going to want to see what they got in Kolb when it counts on Sunday.

The other QBs will get a lot of reps in camp, though, because if Kolb folds like a lawnchair under pressure, someone else will get a shot.

I could be wrong and often am.

i'm actually thinking that if you don't have this attitude, get the hell off this team! whether he can lead a team, this team, to the superbowl or not, that is the ultimate goal. i want every player on this team to want to be the best. and to work their butts off trying to reach that goal. i certainly won't laugh at that.

Good for hm. What do you want a guy that doesn't believe he can win? " You play the game to win!"

The only thing more laughable than Kolb calling the Bills a Super Bowl team is James Walker calling himself a writer.

Because he upset you?

Anyway, this Walker certainly has had more success as a professional writer than Kolb has had as a professional football player--let alone SB aspirant.

What do you want him to say "I'm here to try to win 8 games and lead the Bills to another year on the outside of the playoffs"

I know we're not winning the Super Bowl this year, but if he doesn't say that, what kind of competitor would he be.

Because he upset you?

Anyway, this Walker certainly has had more success as a professional writer than Kolb has had as a professional football player--let alone SB aspirant.

Have you ever read James Walker?

Do you feel you have the ability to recognize a person's writing skills? I'm doubting that you do based on your post.

I watched that whole interview and actually thought Kolb sounded like an honest grounded individual. The statement itself did not sound like someone blowing wind out of their arse at all. He said that is why he was here and that is actually music to my ears. It will be interesting to see what he is able to do, but he definitely sounds like he is driven and that is a good thing.

See the presser for yourself.

This one on on with Chris Brown was pretty good too. They talk about his rib injury against the Bills too.

Because he upset you?

What are walkers writing victories again? Finding someone to pay him? Kolb has succeeded in that. I'm not sure what other achievements you've seen from walker. He's awful, consistently

The only thing more laughable than Kolb calling the Bills a Super Bowl team is James Walker calling himself a writer.

"Kevin Kolb's Super Bowl talk is laughable" said James Walker of ESPN.com. "Kolb may not realize it, but his brash Super Bowl talk just added unnecessary pressure before he throws his first pass."

Walker didn't stop there. "Kolb is setting the bar too high for himself. You never go into a new job promising success. Why put that kind of pressure on yourself? If you make it seem like you have no expectations for yourself, you're never at risk of having to live up to them.

Take me for example. Do you think I gave the talking heads at ESPN the impression that I wanted to win a Pulizter some day? For that matter, do you think I even bothered to give the impression that one day I'd like to be considered a semi-reputable journalist with reasonable command of the English language? Hell no. I barely even promised them that I would learn my way around a keyboard. Some day I intend to live up to that promise. If it wasn't for the fact no one at ESPN can hear a word that comes out of anyone's mouth but their own, I'm sure I wouldn't even have this gig. And let me tell you, it's a sweet gig. I write most of my 'columns' from home, usually while I'm "indisposed," if you know what I mean. Kind of ironic. Out one end and into my blog with minimum effort, just like I promised my bosses. It doesn't even interrupt my cruising online for underaged Asian boys...

I seemed to have gotten a bit off topic. Sometimes it's best to leave things unsaid. Anyway, my advice to Kolb is to take the check and run. Take it from me, low expectations rock!"

In the interest of full disclosure, the comments above are a combination of direct James Walker quotes with excerpts from the ongoing monologue in his stream of consciousness. Not all are public record. The underage Asian boy fetish may or may not have been a bit of creative license on behalf of the poster.

Edited by transient

It was only a few years ago that Kolb was very highly sought after free agent. He wound up with a team who had the worst O-line in the NFL and got absolutely destroyed. I am excited to see what he can do behind a legit offensive line and see if he could live up to the hype that followed him before signing with Arizona.

My expectations are realistic. Redemption and revival is rare in the NFL. If I am being honest with myself, I dont see him becoming a franchise qb or even much of an upgrade from Fitz. But that doesnt mean I am not going to hope he can be the man. I feel better having him on the roster than I did before he was on the roster. I certainly think he has more potential than t-jax.