Bills officially sign QB Kevin Kolb

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like this move. He was a good college QB. Played good in a few games in Philly. It was a death sentence to get traded to the cards. That line was horrible and the running backs weren`t top notch either. Good pickup,he has a lot more skill set than Fitz..

Can you prove it?

Not trying to be snarky, just from the statistics he looks about like TJax, who is different, better arm but in some ways (TD/INT, decision making) not as good as Fitz.

Historically with Philly and his 1st year in Zona, Kolb threw a lot of picks and not so many TDs - the most games he played in a season (9) projects out to about 3500 yds passing, 16 TDs and 14 INTs. Career YPA is 6.9 which is highly Fitzian

Kolb is 28 years old and was drafted at 23. He may have been a good college QB 7 years ago, does really mean too much now?

He's our guy now, so I'd really love to believe, help me out here- links to advanced stats, film clips, anything?

Anyone see Ryan L Bills or was that him they were filming on the news hanging off the side of the Peace Bridge??

Seriously? I thought Ryan was in favor of "any QB but Fitz"

Edited by Hopeful

i think this is a move that makes me think the bills are planning on getting a qb next year. kolb is made out of glass. why would he be considered a viable starter?

Did you see the shot that knocked him out against the Bills? Glass is hardly the word that I would use to describe his toughness. I did not envy any QB playing behind that Cards offensive line.

Good move.

As for Barkley...

I cannot figure out why people think the Bills like Barkley i haven't found anything to substantiate that what so ever. He is actually the opposite of what we need, a weak armed QB from a city with great weather coming off a bad year who bombed his pro day and is coming off a injury. This Rob Johnson repeat will NOT be a Bill. It will never happen

...I believe he is a good fit for Hackett's offense.

Well I didn't really see the point in the Bills picking up another veteran QB because it could impede the development of the rookie QB-of-the-future but this is probably a sound signing.

Signing Kolb didn't cost the team any draft picks and the guy has some credentials and is probably an upgrade over TJax.

I really preferred to go all-in with the rookie QB but bottom line, our QB situation as a result of this signing is more solid than it was.

I'd love to believe this - what evidence can you offer to support it?

Absolutely agree with you!! Oh wait you're talking about Nassib??? I thought you were referring to Johnson.

There's one huge difference between these two moves, Kolb has started and played a number of games. We traded for Johnson based on what was it one half of one game performance by RJ? For better or worse, you know alot more about Kolb and gave up nothing other than $$ for him.

Actually there is one similarity to the Rob Johnson signing. At the time I felt that Flutie kind of got hosed in the deal as I doubt he ever would have signed with Buffalo if he had known they were giving up a #1 pick to bring in another QB. This time around while not nearly as big a difference between the two, I wonder if Jackson would have signed here again had he known they were going to sign Kolb. He may have figured he had a year to start and tutor a rookie, that's now changed.

Actually that is the difference between a prospect who is unknown and an established, proven under performing injury prone player like Kolb. I'll take a prospect like Nassib over Kolb anyday.

Edited by Ed_Roch

Did you see the shot that knocked him out against the Bills? Glass is hardly the word that I would use to describe his toughness. I did not envy any QB playing behind that Cards offensive line.

IIRC, he and Vick kind of got the crap kicked out of them behind Philly's OL a lot, too.

i think this is a move that makes me think the bills are planning on getting a qb next year. kolb is made out of glass. why would he be considered a viable starter?

I just Googled his college scouting reports, one word that kept coming up is durable. Seven years ago, the reports sounded pretty decent, after all, he was a second rounder.

History, they thought so much of him they drafted his replacement and was kicking him out the door. And looking at Brees' stats he had one 'great' rated season with SD and two total crap ones in the 5 years there

Yeah That has to be the worst OL in the NFL And NO Running back. If we have anything over AZ its both those areas

I am sure it will be as whiners like you will B word to mods although its a totally separate Subject on Kolb vs the TWO kolb signs or kolb is a Bill threads

Your memory on Brees is terrible.

He was drafted in 2001 and barely took a snap his rookie season. Doug Flutie was the starter all year.

His first full year starting was 2002, and by most accounts he was very solid.

His only bad season was in 2003, and San Diego decided that quick it was time to move on. They drafted Rivers.

The next year he made the Pro Bowl, and he's been amazing ever since.

I think it makes perfect sense. There is no "franchise QB" in this draft...concentrate your picks on other areas of need now that we have a veteran QB.

Did your years of scouting tell you there is no franchise QB or are you influenced by what you hear on ESPN?

I'm willing to bet that a year from today we'll see threads by people there was no good QB this year to make a thread about why we are dumb for not drafting <insert name here>

I'd love to believe this - what evidence can you offer to support it?

Evidence to support that Kolb's probably better than TJax?

No hard evidence. I'm sure I could construct something but it's a moot point.

They'll be competing with each other and presumably the competition will make the winner that much better.

Kolb will either be better than TJax or he will make TJax better.

Sacked 57 times in 14 starts (over two Seasons) in Arizona...That's better than 4 sacks a game...

Like Kolb or not, no one denies the Arizona O-Line was one of the worst in the league, and has been for years now...When you add that to the fact that they were dead last in Rushing in 2012, and 24th in 2011...Well...It's tough to put a ton of the blame on Kolb...The entire Offense outside of Larry Fitzgerald has been a train-wreck... B-)