Bills officially sign QB Kevin Kolb

Does this make any sense if we take a qb in the first round? Maybe the Bills think the best bet this year is to draft a qb in the later rounds (a development guy with potential). Otherwise, signing Kolb and keeping Jackson does not make any sense to me.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does this make any sense if we take a qb in the first round? Maybe the Bills think the best bet this year is to draft a qb in the later rounds (a development guy with potential). Otherwise, signing Kolb and keeping Jackson does not make any sense to me.

You let them fight it out at camp. If the rookie can't handle the backup position you're covered.

Now before the onslaught starts think about it. The guy could flourish in our system. Drew Brees was an average QB on his way out in San Diego (even before the shoulder) then turned into a world beater in basically the same offense we are installing.

Are you telling me Marrone didn't have some impute on the guy before us making him an offer?

I am not saying he is the answer, but it is strange to me they make a push for a guy who is a former starter, who will expect to compete or even get the job AFTER looking at all of these QB's in the draft. Then again maybe he is a backup an that is the plan, but don't be shocked if they go with Cordarrelle Patterson at #8 instead of QB now or even trade down a couple spots if they get the chance.

I think it speaks to the fact the Bills don't want to draft a QB at #8, and were concerned that if they didn't they might not end up with a starting calibre QB on the roster come the season opener.

I really like this move. He was a good college QB. Played good in a few games in Philly. It was a death sentence to get traded to the cards. That line was horrible and the running backs weren`t top notch either. Good pickup,he has a lot more skill set than Fitz..

Fellas, what this means is that the Bills are now not forced to take a QB with the #8 pick overall. That doesn't mean that they won't. It just gives them more options. I like the move. I think Kolb is actually a better QB than Fitz. He had some really big games when he was with the Eagles. I don't want to say this too loud, but I think the Bills think that Barkley is the gem of the draft. It's possible that they think they can get Barkley in R2. The other point I'd like to make is that if I'm Nix and I don't feel the need to take a QB at #8 overall then I'm looking to trade down to acquire more draft picks.