No way that we do nothing.

i'm parked in front of Tempo's......nothing yet.....

You didnt get the memo. sorry been so busy on the phone lately.

We have changed direction(s) to get the team on track as per Russ/Ralph.

Part of that means we are back on a budget.

Try parking at the Longhorn steakhouse or one of the the many budget conscious Outback steakhouses.

They have a nice early bird Ralph mentioned. Sounds like a UDFA bargain to me !

Buddy

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills are trying desperately to land a QB in FA sometime either tonight or tomorrow. My guess is that they loosened up the bank by deverting 7 million of Fitzpatrick's cap hit until 2014, and are eagerly trying to work a trade with New England for Ryan Mallet. The snag is that the Bills are offering their 3rd round pick, but New England wants the Bills 2nd rounder and to swap 1st round picks with us. Cleveland is also in the hunt for Mallet, so don't be surprised to see R. Mallet move sometime soon!!! The price will probably be a 2nd rounder ultimately as Mallet's trade value is up due to the mediocre QB talent in this draft pool.

Long time no hear, how have you been?

The Bills are trying desperately to land a QB in FA sometime either tonight or tomorrow. My guess is that they loosened up the bank by deverting 7 million of Fitzpatrick's cap hit until 2014, and are eagerly trying to work a trade with New England for Ryan Mallet. The snag is that the Bills are offering their 3rd round pick, but New England wants the Bills 2nd rounder and to swap 1st round picks with us. Cleveland is also in the hunt for Mallet, so don't be surprised to see R. Mallet move sometime soon!!! The price will probably be a 2nd rounder ultimately as Mallet's trade value is up due to the mediocre QB talent in this draft pool.

DRAFT EJ Manuel after trading out of the 8th spot unless Geno is there and say No to Jarvis as he will struggle at the next level as he's 6'6 at 248 twig body! Hell no to Mallet for a 2nd or third .

This FA period has extreme depth. The Bills need to be frugal, wait for the suckers with cap space to blow their wads, and not do something stupid. :lol: There will be talented players available over the next few weeks that won't break the bank. With a big ZERO at QB it would be wise to not spend a lot of money. Their may be a great QB in this draft. Their may not be. But if there is I think many of us can agree that he probably won't light the world on fire right away. I am fully braced for a season that could be epically bad. For me, I have the rest of my life to wait until they win a Super Bowl. I am a patient man. :beer:

Doesn't miami win free agency like every third year? It's like the type of player that picks a team so they can party in south beach isn't the type you win with eh?

Indeed:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4969924

"One of big prizes on this year's market, Dansby reached an agreement with Miami on a five-year deal after visiting the Dolphins in the opening hours of NFL free agency. Dansby's contract is worth $43 million, and a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter that includes $22 million in guaranteed money, which makes him one of the highest paid inside linebackers in the game."

I don't see any deals I wish the Bills were in on. I'm one of the most negative guys around here, but I think the Bills are having a great off season so far. They got rid of a TON of dead wood and they did not, so far, overreact by over paying.

BTW - Give me Dansby all day at the right number.

This FA period has extreme depth. The Bills need to be frugal, wait for the suckers with cap space to blow their wads, and not do something stupid. :lol: There will be talented players available over the next few weeks that won't break the bank. With a big ZERO at QB it would be wise to not spend a lot of money. Their may be a great QB in this draft. Their may not be. But if there is I think many of us can agree that he probably won't light the world on fire right away. I am fully braced for a season that could be epically bad. For me, I have the rest of my life to wait until they win a Super Bowl. I am a patient man. :beer:

I am in agreement . Enough players available to get some holes filled short term, using mid tier players. and finding some gems we hope.

It is the time to be smart . Patience is the word for Marrone's first season.

I don't see any deals I wish the Bills were in on. I'm one of the most negative guys around here, but I think the Bills are having a great off season so far. They got rid of a TON of dead wood and they did not, so far, overreact by over paying.

BTW - Give me Dansby all day at the right number.

Dansby would be a huge addition. :beer:

Dansby would be a huge addition. :beer:

A washed up guy cut by a division rival that just got tons better? That's a winning strategy. We could get all the Jets cast offs too if they weren't running from Pettine like the plague like DeVito did.

Well....Dolphins signed WR Wallace, LB Ellerbe and S Clemons. Kinda 3 positions the Bills have needs at. Not saying they should have or could have signed those 3 guys but it's obvious Miami is far ahead of us in their rebuilding. Patriots are the Patriots. 2013 will be a battle for the 1st overall pick with the Jets. Sad the next season is already a wash out 2 hours into free agency.

what happens if the Dolphins have no LT.....little bit of jumping the gun...

A washed up guy cut by a division rival that just got tons better? That's a winning strategy. We could get all the Jets cast offs too if they weren't running from Pettine like the plague like DeVito did.

How do you know they got tons better? Did they play some games we're not aware of?

I hope no one is suicidal over the lack of signings today by the Bills, but the real issues are the lack of talent and no QB. Feels like rock bottom again, and I think that is why most of us are unhappy now. There seems to be no chance that the Bills will be competitive this year, which is an amazing thing to be say this early in the offseason.

I hope no one is suicidal over the lack of signings today by the Bills, but the real issues are the lack of talent and no QB. Feels like rock bottom again, and I think that is why most of us are unhappy now. There seems to be no chance that the Bills will be competitive this year, which is an amazing thing to be say this early in the offseason.

But those feelings were obviously not as strong before FA started.......therefore it is the lack of apparent movement so far in FA which is causing a greater level of consternation.

The article linked by Cash above should help alleviate those feelings somewhat.

We are effectively in the same situation as yesterday(albeit 7.45m richer in cap space with the Fitz cut).......and the article suggests that the FA market will likely be of great value for a team like the Bills. We have a lot of holes, and with a bit of patience we might be able to fill those holes with good solid veteran starters at a very modest price.....if we are patient.

The lack of any signings of free agents does not help, but for me it was the realization that the starting QB this year will be either a rookie draft pick or Jackson. I have no problems replacing Fitz, but for this year, I am not sure our current options will bring any success.

There was NO chance to re-sign Levitre before he became a FA. None. Zip. Notta.

Unless you offered him the top salary in the league for his position. And the Bills would have been utterly stupid to do that.

He's good. But he doesn't dominate and there are several Gs in the league who are far better.

GO BILLS!!!

Sounds like an anti-Dockery post. When Dockery became the highest paid Buffalo Bill ever, most people were gushing about he was already one of the best guards in the NFL and was going to be a Hall of Famer in short order.

The lack of any signings of free agents does not help, but for me it was the realization that the starting QB this year will be either a rookie draft pick or Jackson. I have no problems replacing Fitz, but for this year, I am not sure our current options will bring any success.

I understand the thoughts on the QB situation that you have. For me.....ignoring all of the complexities....it boils down to the concept that I see us at best a mediocre team with Fitz(4-6wins.....up to 9 wins in the best situation), and I really don't care too much about the possibility that we instead might regress to a 2-6 win team. Losing is losing......and cutting Fitz as they did at least gives us the best cap situation possible.

I understand the thoughts on the QB situation that you have. For me.....ignoring all of the complexities....it boils down to the concept that I see us at best a mediocre team with Fitz(4-6wins.....up to 9 wins in the best situation), and I really don't care too much about the possibility that we instead might regress to a 2-6 win team. Losing is losing......and cutting Fitz as they did at least gives us the best cap situation possible.

When your plan is "dagummit, we have to do sumthin," a total bottoming out doesn't seem all that far fetched.

I hope to God we do something. Because this team is not going to win the Superbowl:

3 Anderson, Mark DE 6-4 255 29 7 Alabama 53 Bradham, Nigel LB 6-2 240 23 R Florida State 33 Brooks, Ron CB 5-11 188 24 R LSU 74 Brown, Colin C 6-7 326 27 2 Missouri 29 Butler, Crezdon CB 6-0 191 25 3 Clemson 88 Buttles, Derek TE 6-5 240 23 R Maine 31 Byrd, Jairus FS 5-10 203 26 4 Oregon 92 Carrington, Alex DT 6-5 301 25 3 Arkansas State 80 Caussin, Mike TE 6-5 243 26 2 James Madison 84 Chandler, Scott TE 6-7 260 27 6 Iowa 7 Corp, Aaron QB 6-3 205 24 R Richmond 99 Dareus, Marcell DT 6-3 331 22 2 Alabama 42 Dickerson, Dorin TE/FB 6-2 227 24 2 Pittsburgh 81 Easley, Marcus WR 6-2 217 25 1 Connecticut Eckerson, Hutch OL 6-6 310 25 1 South Carolina 18 Elliott, Kevin WR 6-3 215 24 R Texas A&M 27 Gilmore, Stephon DB 6-0 190 22 R South Carolina 77 Glenn, Cordy OT 6-5 343 23 R Georgia 11 Graham, T.J. WR 6-0 180 23 R NC State 75 Hairston, Chris LT 6-6 330 23 2 Clemson 44 Heath, T.J. DB 6-0 188 25 2 Jacksonville State 15 Hogan, Chris WR 6-1 215 24 1 Monmouth 63 Jackson, Andrew OL 6-5 299 24 2 Fresno State 22 Jackson, Fred RB 6-1 216 32 6 Coe College 7 Jackson, Tarvaris QB 6-2 225 29 7 Alabama State 13 Johnson, Stevie WR 6-2 207 26 5 Kentucky 9 Lindell, Rian K 6-3 227 36 13 Washington State 59 Lloyd, Greg LB 6-1 247 24 1 Connecticut 21 McKelvin , Leodis CB 5-10 185 27 5 Troy 52 Moats, Arthur OLB 6-2 250 24 3 James Madison 58 Morrison, Kirk OLB 6-2 245 31 8 San Diego State 79 Pears, Erik RT 6-8 316 30 7 Colorado State 6 Powell, Shawn P 6-4 235 24 R Florida State 26 Rogers, Justin CB 5-11 181 25 2 Richmond 69 Ross, Jay DT 6-3 319 25 1 East Carolina 65 Sanborn, Garrison LS 6-1 240 27 4 Florida State 72 Sanders, Zebrie OL 6-6 318 23 R Florida State 43 Scott, Bryan OLB 6-1 220 31 10 Penn State 73 Scott, Chris OL 6-4 320 25 2 Tennessee 25 Searcy, Da'Norris SS 5-11 216 24 2 North Carolina 55 Sheppard, Kelvin ILB 6-2 244 25 2 LSU 30 Silva, Mana DB 6-0 206 24 2 Hawaii 16 Smith, Brad QB/WR 6-2 213 29 7 Missouri 85 Smith, Lee TE 6-6 265 25 2 Marshall 61 Snow, David OL 6-4 305 23 R Texas 28 Spiller, C.J. RB 5-11 200 25 3 Clemson 98 Troup, Torell DT 6-3 327 24 3 Central Florida 60 Urbik, Kraig G 6-5 324 27 4 Wisconsin 66 Welch, Thomas OT 6-6 300 25 1 Vanderbilt 51 White, Chris OLB 6-3 238 24 2 Mississippi State 23 Williams, Aaron CB 6-0 199 22 2 Texas 68 Williams, Keith G 6-5 330 24 1 Nebraska 95 Williams, Kyle DT 6-1 303 29 7 LSU 94 Williams, Mario DE 6-6 292 28 7 North Carolina State 70 Wood, Eric C 6-4 310 26 4 Louisville 71 Young, Sam RT 6-8 316 25 3 Notre Dame

Did Nix, Whaley & Brandon go to sleep after firing Fitzpatrick? The Bills need help at QB, LB & WR? So do they really think they'll be able to plug these holes in the draft?

Well....Dolphins signed WR Wallace, LB Ellerbe and S Clemons. Kinda 3 positions the Bills have needs at. Not saying they should have or could have signed those 3 guys but it's obvious Miami is far ahead of us in their rebuilding. Patriots are the Patriots. 2013 will be a battle for the 1st overall pick with the Jets. Sad the next season is already a wash out 2 hours into free agency.

You guys need to relax.

Also like the others, I urge you to read this piece:

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9039158/bill-barnwell-changes-nfl-free-agent-landscape

Ya sit back and relax and don't worry when they don't bring in a single impact player.

They might get good value on a backup corner or something!

Yep.....it's star player......or crap. There is no in-between for Bills fans.

I hope to God we do something. Because this team is not going to win the Superbowl:

Superbowl?? Are you high? They haven't had a winning season since 2004 and that was a staggering 9-7.

Brand new and largely inexperienced coaching staff, an aging GM, no QB, and a marketing guy running the team for an owner living on borrowed time. Superbowl? How about the team make the playoffs for the first time in 14 years first. :)

Edited by CodeMonkey

You guys need to relax.

Also like the others, I urge you to read this piece:

http://www.grantland...agent-landscape

Good article; I had never looked at how the cap was impacted by the last two CBAs, and seeing it now is enlightening. Despite the Mario example from last season, I'm glad to see the Bills seemingly allowing this new FA landscape to work to their benefit.