No way that we do nothing.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if I were the Pats I'd drop Welker and sign Amendola. The gain is about 5 more years of playing time and half the money. I'd love the Bills to grab this guy. D. Alexander would be great as well, but why would any WR with deep speed come to the Bills?

if I were the Pats I'd drop Welker and sign Amendola. The gain is about 5 more years of playing time and half the money. I'd love the Bills to grab this guy. D. Alexander would be great as well, but why would any WR with deep speed come to the Bills?

So you would drop a player with 100+ catches every year for a player who has played in only 12 games out of 32 the last 2 years.

Wes Welker is going to stay with the Patriots.

Oh, I see the Bills only adding players in free agency as band-aids. they made their big splash last year

Edited by FeartheLosing

Levitre will be gone 5 minutes after FA starts and will be ridiculously overpaid. He is maybe a top 10 guard but not top 5 but someone will pay him top 2 money. Prudent decision at this point to let him walk. If Nix had the chance to sign him last year at a lower cost and didn't then shame on him. We need star WR's and LB's on this team. They can get a guard in the draft.

probably so. good for him. get out of losertown and onto a contender at top dollar. typical bills FA scenario. and we pick up guys no one else wants and overpay to boot. sucks to be a bills fan.

they won't unless the deal is huge. between the pass-game-negative weather and having no QB to throw it to them, you'd be a fool to come here. Big Ben's cannon arm made Wallace what he is. We have no one like that and have no prospect of getting one soon. But $$$$ talks, so we'll see. Wallace could be super Mario, part deux.

probably so. good for him. get out of losertown and onto a contender at top dollar. typical bills FA scenario. and we pick up guys no one else wants and overpay to boot. sucks to be a bills fan.

they won't unless the deal is huge. between the pass-game-negative weather and having no QB to throw it to them, you'd be a fool to come here. Big Ben's cannon arm made Wallace what he is. We have no one like that and have no prospect of getting one soon. But $$$$ talks, so we'll see. Wallace could be super Mario, part deux.

You know where the door is.

Please by all means, feel free to use it.

Unfortunately, I foresee folks running wild with this line of thinking when Levitre signs with the Chargers, but you really don't believe his agent already knew what Andy would be worth on the open market last season? Please.

There was NO chance to re-sign Levitre before he became a FA. None. Zip. Notta.

Unless you offered him the top salary in the league for his position. And the Bills would have been utterly stupid to do that.

He's good. But he doesn't dominate and there are several Gs in the league who are far better.

GO BILLS!!!

Or their medical staff.

And I'm not criticizing.

yup - there was a reason he was a street free agent mid season. we will see how he holds up. if SD gives him some real dollars and he sits on the bench the whole time with knee issues.... it might say something about the actual quality of our evaluations.

we will see.

I agree.

Irrelevant to the concept of us going after one of the big names in FA......I think this is the perfect off-season to be patient with FA.

(The following are assumptions based upon observation & memory.....please someone correct me if you can show them to be incorrect :))

The cap hasn't risen much in 3 years.....yet FA contracts have increased each off-season at the roughly the usual increase rate. This means that there are the usual number of FAs hitting the market......but a lower amount of over-all cap dollars available to pay them. I believe the top FAs will still command premium contracts.....and likely at an increase from last years contracts.

As the dust settles from the big name signings, there will be exponentially less money league wide to pay the rest of the FAs. I think it quite likely that there will be many mid-range FAs who find themselves in the position where teams simply will not be able to afford them at their asking price......and consequently a patient team....a team who waits.....will be able to sign mid-range talent at well under the going rate.

It's a crazy concept......I'm likely wrong.....but if I was in the Bills position I would be using analytic studies to figure out if there is any possibility that this off-season could be a massively beneficial buyers market.

Agreed. Bill Barnwell had essentially the same take in a pretty good piece the other day:

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9039158/bill-barnwell-changes-nfl-free-agent-landscape