No way that we do nothing.

Whether we sign Calvin Pace and/or Bart Scott or any other Jet cast-off that Pettine thinks is worthy, even Tebow as far as that goes, or we sign LaRon Landry or anyone of these other players like Paul Kruger, Danario Alexander, Cary Williams, Rey Maualuga, Connor Barwin, Brandon Gibson, Donnie Avery, Jermon Bushrod, Brandon Moore, Delanie Walker, Brandon Myers or Antoine Cason but it will be someone(s), you can count on it. There is no way that we sit and do nothing. We need lots of help and it can't all come from the draft. I believe that Russ Brandon has been chomping at the bit for this day to come, Ralph Wilson stepping aside and having the authority to be spend whatever we want or need to do to field a roster that has quality players on it. No more bargain basement acquisitions please, just good, solid football players

I don 't know if it's this new strategy or lingo about "analytics" or what but there seems to be an awful lot of quality players being released due to contracts and salary cap complications than from years past. This is the time for struggling franchises to turn things around quickly due to a much larger pool of resources (available players) and we have the right mindset with Brandon's commitment. The timing is perfect for us, we have a good base to work with, great draft positioning and more Free Agents available than years past. We will be active and we will improve.......immensely and quickly. Oh happy days, here we come!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whether we sign Calvin Pace and/or Bart Scott or any other Jet cast-off that Pettine thinks is worthy, even Tebow as far as that goes, or we sign LaRon Landry or anyone of these other players like Paul Kruger, Danario Alexander, Cary Williams, Rey Maualuga, Connor Barwin, Brandon Gibson, Donnie Avery, Jermon Bushrod, Brandon Moore, Delanie Walker, Brandon Myers or Antoine Cason but it will be someone(s), you can count on it. There is no way that we sit and do nothing. We need lots of help and it can't all come from the draft. I believe that Russ Brandon has been chomping at the bit for this day to come, Ralph Wilson stepping aside and having the authority to be spend whatever we want or need to do to field a roster that has quality players on it. No more bargain basement acquisitions please, just good, solid football players

I don 't know if it's this new strategy or lingo about "analytics" or what but there seems to be an awful lot of quality players being released due to contracts and salary cap complications than from years past. This is the time for struggling franchises to turn things around quickly due to a much larger pool of resources (available players) and we have the right mindset with Brandon's commitment. The timing is perfect for us, we have a good base to work with, great draft positioning and more Free Agents available than years past. We will be active and we will improve.......immensely and quickly. Oh happy days, here we come!

Didn't realize Danario Alexander was available. I think I'd be more giddy about him signing with the Bills than anyone else that's been mentioned so far. He was an absolute monster for San Diego the second half of last year. Not to mention, he fits the exact mold of the receiver Nix is always blabbing about. I would have to change my pants if they signed Alexander.

While I agree that we will be very active in Free Agency, I don't know if it will be any Big name players. Probably more of the Malalugas, Scott's, Pace's than anything else. I'm guessing 3-4 players right off the bat in the next 3-4 days.

I defenately agree that it could mean a quick turn around I don't think we will necessarily benefit from that. I think it's more likely we struggle in the 1st year under the new staff.

While I agree that we will be very active in Free Agency, I don't know if it will be any Big name players. Probably more of the Malalugas, Scott's, Pace's than anything else. I'm guessing 3-4 players right off the bat in the next 3-4 days.

I defenately agree that it could mean a quick turn around I don't think we will necessarily benefit from that. I think it's more likely we struggle in the 1st year under the new staff.

I DEFINITELY won't be upset if we sign Maualuga... He's ok in coverage but DOMINANT in run defense... I can only sit and hope he's a Bill today...

Edited by DefenseWinzChampionshipz

Denario Alexander boss-hogs it out there. Gotta have a guy to get him the ball, tho... Wouldn't mind that signing at all.

He catches a lot of the balls Jones and Johnson and Martin and Smith could not or would not. A WR like that makes QBs better whoever that happens to be for the Bills this year.

No doubt the Bills will grab a couple of LB's and a WR. Its just a question of will there be any really flashy type acquisitions in free agency. Personally I would love if they would re-sign Levitre and bring in a WR and a few decent defenders.

A few acquisitions that would really like

1- Resign Levitre

2- Laron Landry

3- Denario Alexander

4- Mike Devito

5- Rey Maualuga

6- Bart Scott (If Maualuga isn't signed)

7- A tight end of any worth

Levitre is such a cog for our O-line and it would be hard to see him go. Alexander would be good to have at WR no QB is successful without good WR's (I don't see Alexander happening and Levitre is less than 50%). I think Devito and Landry would be good Jets cast offs to bring in. In terms of actually happening I see Devito as likely but Landry I don't know.

Maualuga, I don't think he is too highly regarded around the league but I think the guy has good potential in a 3-4 and we need LB's.

Levitre will be gone 5 minutes after FA starts and will be ridiculously overpaid. He is maybe a top 10 guard but not top 5 but someone will pay him top 2 money. Prudent decision at this point to let him walk. If Nix had the chance to sign him last year at a lower cost and didn't then shame on him. We need star WR's and LB's on this team. They can get a guard in the draft.

Levitre will be gone 5 minutes after FA starts and will be ridiculously overpaid. He is maybe a top 10 guard but not top 5 but someone will pay him top 2 money. Prudent decision at this point to let him walk. If Nix had the chance to sign him last year at a lower cost and didn't then shame on him. We need star WR's and LB's on this team. They can get a guard in the draft.

Maybe we can draft the next Wang

I agree, Levitre is a goner due to economics, he'll be getting close to LT money. I listened to the John Murphy radio broadcast and he had Senior Editor from Rotoworld Evan Silva and he stated quite confidently that the Bills will be getting LaRon Landry and Mike DeVito in Free Agency. Take it for what it's worth. Losing Levitre and having the Jet connection I'm speculating that we end up with Brandon Moore for a much more palatable contract. As far as LBs go it's no secret that we need them. I don't know who we'll get but I expect that we get one, possibly two in Free Agency. I'd be quite happy if we got Maualuga and Barwin, that to me would be quite an accomplishment. It wouldn't shock me though if we ended up with one of those Jet cast-offs (Bart Scott & Calvin Pace) though. I would love to see us get Cary Williams and/or Delanie Walker but sadly there is only so much money that can go around.

One other thing, I wouldn't be upset if we passed on a QB with our first pick in the draft and we select that LT Eric Fisher. I don't want us to reach just because of need, I'd rather see the Bills go after the best available player instead and Fisher would really solidify our OL for years to come.

Unfortunately, I foresee folks running wild with this line of thinking when Levitre signs with the Chargers, but you really don't believe his agent already knew what Andy would be worth on the open market last season? Please.

I think an Alexander signing is unlikely. The Bills have already had him here,looked at his medical history,and had thier doctors look at that knee. Just don't see it happening.

That speaks volumes about their personnel evaluation, doesn't it?

......The timing is perfect for us, we have a good base to work with, great draft positioning and more Free Agents available than years past. We will be active and we will improve.......immensely and quickly. Oh happy days, here we come!

I agree.

Irrelevant to the concept of us going after one of the big names in FA......I think this is the perfect off-season to be patient with FA.

(The following are assumptions based upon observation & memory.....please someone correct me if you can show them to be incorrect :))

The cap hasn't risen much in 3 years.....yet FA contracts have increased each off-season at the roughly the usual increase rate. This means that there are the usual number of FAs hitting the market......but a lower amount of over-all cap dollars available to pay them. I believe the top FAs will still command premium contracts.....and likely at an increase from last years contracts.

As the dust settles from the big name signings, there will be exponentially less money league wide to pay the rest of the FAs. I think it quite likely that there will be many mid-range FAs who find themselves in the position where teams simply will not be able to afford them at their asking price......and consequently a patient team....a team who waits.....will be able to sign mid-range talent at well under the going rate.

It's a crazy concept......I'm likely wrong.....but if I was in the Bills position I would be using analytic studies to figure out if there is any possibility that this off-season could be a massively beneficial buyers market.

Edited by Dibs

Danario Alexander has MAJOR knee issues. I think most people forget that because he finally played a full season in 2012.

I like him as a player & think he'd be a great fit, but the reality is that he'll be hurt a lot and should be paid as such, with an incentive-laden contract. If some team is stupid enough to pay him Stevie money, let him look elsewhere.

I must say, I love your positive attitude.