Alex Smith traded to Chiefs

Rubes

So now ll the Geno Smith fans are going nuts hoping he falls to the Bills. Alls i can think of with what is coming out at the position this year is

1) We will reach for a QB this year & once again watch a dominant defensive player be taken that was there at our pick & go to another team & be a corner stone on their D for years to come ala Nata, Mathews, Orapko !!

2) We will get a QB that can't play very well in bad weather - welcome to Buffalo !!

3) We will be in the Losman position for the next 4 years, current coaches won't be here & he will have 2 to 3 different OC while in his rookie contract cementing his legacy in B/Lo ...

Hope i'm wrong ???

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You think?

Reid loves Qb's. He got Mcnabb in his first draft, a selection the Eagles fans hated at first.

Reid believes, as well he should, he can take a QB and make him great or good depending on wht he has to work with.

Reid had way more to look at and know what he was getting in Smith. This is not good for the Bills because it means a bad team in the AFC just got better.

Draft Geno and then trade him for picks to replace the ones you lost.

PTR

Well the chiefs are definitely better right away.. good news for us too with 1 less team looking for a QB. I'm glad the bills didnt give up a 2nd for Smith.

The same quote was probably said after trading for Cassell. We shall see.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

That's some bold speculation, but it's not completely unfounded.

Agreed.

LORD knows.

Excellent point.

Everyone should read Tim Graham's article about the Niners' 15 picks...sounds like they don't plan to use them all.

Speculation is some of those picks may be heading to Jets for Revis.

http://fansided.com/2013/02/27/darrelle-revis-to-san-francisco-49ers-alex-smith-trade-opens-up-possibility/

So now ll the Geno Smith fans are going nuts hoping he falls to the Bills. Alls i can think of with what is coming out at the position this year is

1) We will reach for a QB this year & once again watch a dominant defensive player be taken that was there at our pick & go to another team & be a corner stone on their D for years to come ala Nata, Mathews, Orapko !!

2) We will get a QB that can't play very well in bad weather - welcome to Buffalo !!

3) We will be in the Losman position for the next 4 years, current coaches won't be here & he will have 2 to 3 different OC while in his rookie contract cementing his legacy in B/Lo ...

Hope i'm wrong ???

lmao...geeze man, what do you propose then? i'd be fine with sticking with Fitz and improving the rest of the team, but about 80% of fans are fed up with him.

even if we take a QB in the 2nd round though..you bet your butt we'll probably spend at least 2-3 years trying to figure out whether he's the guy. Eventually you have to pull the trigger on one of these young QBs and stop looking back at Losman - that was a decade ago.

Maybe Geno fall to us since the Cheifs have Smith now.

I hope this happens, maybe we luck out this year. I would be happy with Barley or Smith at this point.

We could a legit QB competition with Smith or Barley vs Jackson and Fitz as it stands now.

And Fitz's fate will soon be set with March inching closer and closer.

Maybe for once the football Gods like this year.

Ooooof ... Still trying to wrap my head around Smith being a slight upgrade over Fitz.

But be that as it may, if KC is in a win now mode, what mode are the Bills in after the last 13 years of sucking?

This is why W-L is such a crap stat to measure QBs on. The 49ers are a much, much, much better all around team than the Bills. Alex Smith's career high in tds is 18. http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7177/career Fitz has threw for 20+ the last 3 years on a much, much worse football team. If you could switch teams, people would want Fitz and be trying to get rid of Smith.

Does this mean I want Fitz? Nope but I don't want Smith either. Smith was so replacable that a 2nd year 2nd round pick took that team to the SB. The 49ers have one of the best teams in the NFL. All of Smith's "success" is relativity to the 49ers. On the Bills, he would be the same bust he's been his entire career.

This is why W-L is such a crap stat to measure QBs on. The 49ers are a much, much, much better all around team than the Bills. Alex Smith's career high in tds is 18. http://sports.yahoo....ers/7177/career Fitz has threw for 20+ the last 3 years on a much, much worse football team. If you could switch teams, people would want Fitz and be trying to get rid of Smith.

Does this mean I want Fitz? Nope but I don't want Smith either. Smith was so replacable that a 2nd year 2nd round pick took that team to the SB. The 49ers have one of the best teams in the NFL. All of Smith's "success" is relativity to the 49ers. On the Bills, he would be the same bust he's been his entire career.

Agreed 100%

Not an argument for Fitz at all, but I think Smith is a slight upgrade at best over Fitz. Fitz can't throw deep, guess what Smith's biggest flaw is? Smith played on a team with the #1 defense and top 10 picks at wr and te. Harbaugh is an amazing QB coach and the 49ers run the ball on 3rd and long yardage all the time. A ton of QBs would succeed in that situation. The Bills situation has been much, much worse. If Smith was the Bills' QB, he would have been run out of town like we're running Fitz out of town.

I think the Chiefs gave up way too much but they are in a win now mode. But all in all, I'm glad they did because it increases the chances of Barkley or Smith falling.

On that last part I am with you. Alex Smith wasn't worth that price, not in his current contract situation at least.

Nonsense. If they had addressed the QB position in the 2006 draft we could have landed Cutler - not great but an upgrade over what we have. And they could at least claim to have done something at the position. And they still would have been passing on Ngata. You draft the best there is at what you need. Whitner and Maybin were not the best available in anyone's estimation. Smith is viewed by MANY evaluators as the best QB in the draft, by most as a top 10-15 pick, and by nobody as a total reach at #8.

Have you ever been to West Virginia?

Hope i'm wrong ???

I highly doubt that an offensive-minded coach like Marrone will not have a heavy hand in the offense, and he will probably have a big say in this pick. If they get a QB, it'll be because Marrone believes he can work with him. And Losman was never as accurate as Geno - not by a long shot.

2nd this year and conditional mid round next year.

So much for the predictions in these parts that Smith would simply be cut by the 49ers. Obviously, (1) there was a pretty strong market for Smith's services and (2) the idea Smith is no better than Fitz is not wide held around the league.

So much for the predictions in these parts that Smith would simply be cut by the 49ers....

But all of the great logical thinkers here thought that.

I bet they traded him just to spite them.

Smith is very solid and has played better than any Buffalo QB over the past ten years, save for Bledsoe's magical 8 games.

Bono and DeBerg were pretty average, but Grbac had a decent run and Montana even in his decline years had that team in the playoffs. Not sure of your point here.

Call it a trash chute, but the Bills have been dumpster diving for QBs for a decade-plus.

LOL!