Cut throat Marrone

hooper

Coach Marrone says he staying tight lipped about 'Cuse players when other teams ask him questions, " I’ve told them we’re in the information gathering business not the information giving business when it comes down to players.”

Love this guy!

I look at Marrone and look at Ron Rolston of the Sabres !Marrrone can get rid of the trash and Rolston has to wait for the garbage truck to show up !It's like Marrone has a dumpster at 1 Bills Drive and Rolston has to wait for garbage day like the rest of us !

Coach Marrone says he staying tight lipped about 'Cuse players when other teams ask him questions, " I’ve told them we’re in the information gathering business not the information giving business when it comes down to players.”

Love this guy!

Yes, like the whole league can't wait to hear about the great stars out of Syracuse. You would think he came from the SEC.

Love this guy!

Looks like Mike Tice

Name like Mike Mularkey

Head.....you gotta admit...kinda' meaty

Just sayin', the jury is still out B-)

Please everyone, let's wait until we have a coach that has won more than 6 games in a season before we speak their praises. And maybe not until they break the .500 mark. or maybe once they make the playoffs and win a playoff game.

Logical thinking is dangerous. Tread lightly my friend.

Please everyone, let's wait until we have a coach that has won more than 6 games in a season before we speak their praises. And maybe not until they break the .500 mark. or maybe once they make the playoffs and win a playoff game.

Jumbalaya, my good friend, you are spot on per usual. YE OLE is perfectly willing to give Marrone a fair shake here, but we've heard all of these praises heaped on the likes of every one of these chaps from Gregg "High School" Williams to THE CHANIMAL. Bottom line, all Marrone has proven is that he can lead Syracuse to 8-5.

What YE OLE does not like is jettisoning players left and right. The guys we're letting go may not have been great, but if we have to spend several draft picks to replace their positions on the roster, we're not going to improve. Not bringing back Nelson is especially disappointing.

And both are from the Bill Parcells tree!

Marrone is also from the Herm Edwards tree.

Little known fact: Sean Peyton was the playcaller early in the season for the Giants team that got hammered in the SB by the Ravens. But he had his playcalling duties stripped by Jim Fassell and that's when the Giants went on their late season tear(kinda' like Cam Cameron in Baltimore). Peyton eventually ended up with Parcells in Dallas, which got him the interview with the Saints. Marrone is as much a part of the Jim Fassel tree as the Parcells tree.

But this is the offseason. The time when Bills fans still have hope!

I personally find these types of threads hilarious. For the reasons you stated plus you have all these "I love this guy!" and "culture change" posts because he won't talk to the other NFL coaches/scouts about the super talented Syracuse players in the draft this year :). This is good stuff! :)

Marrone is also from the Herm Edwards tree.

Little known fact: Sean Peyton was the playcaller early in the season for the Giants team that got hammered in the SB by the Ravens. But he had his playcalling duties stripped by Jim Fassell and that's when the Giants went on their late season tear(kinda' like Cam Cameron in Baltimore). Peyton eventually ended up with Parcells in Dallas, which got him the interview with the Saints. Marrone is as much a part of the Jim Fassel tree as the Parcells tree.

Is there such a thing as a Jim Fassel tree?

Agreed, but I think we just like what he's saying right now.

Nevertheless, it makes sense - why would Marrone give out info on players he knows right before the draft? Even more puzzling...why would other coaches bother to ask when they should know what the answer would be?

But...but...but...he doesn't want Donald Jones (a/k/a the best blocking WR around) and David Nelson (a/k/a the best undrafted slow but somewhat big WR) on his team. Must be an idiot!

What exactly would be the negative impact of keeping Nelson on the team?

Does the coach cut players or the GM?

Definitely Bill Cowher did the later !!!!

What exactly would be the negative impact of keeping Nelson on the team?

May be he doesn't fit the scheme Marronne wants to run on Offense. Why is this such a big deal!

The same thing occured to me: Coughlin. I like the similarities, and I like the differences, too.

Now he needs a SB winning QB to go with!!!