Donald Jones to become UFA after no tender from Bills

If our WRs shake out as

Stevie

FA

Jones

Graham

Nelson

Smith (note pettine is from the jets, who seemed to like smith and will likely be able to chime in on him, but we will see)

I wont complain too much.

i'm not against keeping Smith, I think his versatility is a plus and worth keeping, BUT Pettine is a defensive coach, Smith plays offence so I doubt he has much/say on who should be kept for the offence

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This guy is not a priority & IMHO i don't see exactly what the Bills FO ever saw in ??

He is not a real good #2 WR, i think he is a decent depth player but i don't see what he can bring over & above a good depth player.

So work on getting the elite talent we have signed, worry about the others later !!!

i'm not against keeping Smith, I think his versatility is a plus and worth keeping, BUT Pettine is a defensive coach, Smith plays offence so I doubt he has much/say on who should be kept for the offence

i meant that hed likely have an opinion on the man and player that is brad smith. you know, since he worked in the same building for several years and then gameplanned against him for a few more. not that hed have final say, but if im marrone and making a decision id call him into the office and bend his ear on this brad smith character that hes worked with before.

Physically he reminds me of Eric Moulds. His play reminds me of Quinn Early. Nice to have around.

Not even close physically, where does he fight for the ball?? You'd have to find me 3 Donald Jones' to equal one Eric Moulds.

Much more like Al Edwards or Billy Brooks

@WGR550

Report: #Bills and WR Donald Jones working on contract extension: http://wgr550.com/Bi...475391 …

Shouldn't Levitre and Byrd be higher priorities?

It takes 2 to tango. If Byrd and Levitre have decided to go into FA no matter what, then there are no discussions to be had.

It takes 2 to tango. If Byrd and Levitre have decided to go into FA no matter what, then there are no discussions to be had.

That, and if you send an offer they are reviewing for a few days what are you supposed to do in the mean time? Organize your email folders and clean your desk?

That, and if you send an offer they are reviewing for a few days what are you supposed to do in the mean time? Organize your email folders and clean your desk?

Bills FO could come to this site for advice :rolleyes:

As far as Levitre and Byrd, at this point, why not wait for FA to see what is out there. Both will get decent offers either here or somewhere else

@WGR550

Report: #Bills and WR Donald Jones working on contract extension: http://wgr550.com/Bi...475391 …

Shouldn't Levitre and Byrd be higher priorities?

I gotta say, I am surprised by this.

Before this season I didn't really agree with the criticism of Jones.

After watching him this year.....I do.

He is quick and fast enough to get deep in some situations, but the guy simply does not catch the ball well enough IMO.

On top of that, he hasn't been very durable. They already have Stevie, they have Nelson, who is a better player than Jones, IMO and neither of them is an explosive receiver.

Even if they sign Jones, they still need a beast WR and exactly how many WR's do they plan on using?

Really thought they would go the one year route with Jones.

Edited by BADOLBEELZ

As for why Jones now, he is I believe a restricted FA and will be easier to sign. As for the other concerns, Jones is one of the few WR on the roster besides Stevie with proven production. (Nelson being the other) While I do not think he is the answer as a bookend to Johnson, he is not the garbage people are claiming him to be. It would make no sense not to sign him.

Physically he reminds me of Eric Moulds. His play reminds me of Quinn Early. Nice to have around.

we are talking about Donald Jones - of the bills??? already on the team ?? that Donald Jones -

physically reminds me of Josh Reed his play reminds of a bad Josh Reed. Unlike Reed however he has great speed he's off the field quickly after the 3rd down is not converted

Edited by CardinalScotts

I gotta say, I am surprised by this.

Before this season I didn't really agree with the criticism of Jones.

After watching him this year.....I do.

He is quick and fast enough to get deep in some situations, but the guy simply does not catch the ball well enough IMO.

On top of that, he hasn't been very durable. They already have Stevie, they have Nelson, who is a better player than Jones, IMO and neither of them is an explosive receiver.

Even if they sign Jones, they still need a beast WR and exactly how many WR's do they plan on using?

Really thought they would go the one year route with Jones.

How much do you pay a 3rd or 4th receiver that doesn't catch well, has durability issues, and doesn't really catch that many balls?

He had 41 receptions last year in Gailey's pass happy offense.

Reading his scout notes from the combine, and they still hold up today. He's not NFL material.

"drops too many catchable balls."

The Bills/Buddy seem to like receivers that drop too many balls: they drafted one last year.

So, they already have a receiver on the roster that drops too many balls: they need two (2)?

T.J. Graham