Can we just go back to red helmets already.

r00tabaga

I am just ranting here but I had a hard time distinguishing between all of the white AFC helmets in the probowl. Between the Fins, Jets, Titans, Bills, Colts, etc I couldn't tell who was who. I know of 4 teams that are getting uni Nike redesigns this year (Jax, Miami, Bucs & Vikes) and wish we would ditch the "overly" blue. We had it right in the 90's with red socks & helmets. It was classic. The red endzones were iconic. You knew it was the Bills the instant you saw a highlight. We could still do the 60's throwbacks for a few games as I like those much better than the current set. Just miss the red. Anyone else just want the 90's set back?

Edit: I believe you need to wait 5 years for logo changes, not uni redesigns.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't hate the new blue ones. I just love the 90's ones the best. We just look like everyone else now.

Just look at the 2 posters above. One has the white and one has the red helmet as their avatar. The red is more Buffalo to me.

Edited by r00tabaga

i have always liked the red helmets, i grew up watching the bills of the late 80's and early nineties. the uniforms were great with the red, white and blue. the exciting teams and constant playoff and superbowl appearances didn't hurt either. but having said that, i like the look of the white helmets. just get rid of the collars on the unis and i'll be happy.

Did you happen to notice Atlanta woke up and smelled the roses. They got rid of those gaudy dumb looking red helmets YEARS AGO! But then again Buffalo is always 20 years behind everyone else. :nana:

I noticed! I figured I would take flak for this! LoL... Nothing like watching the old highlight reel of Steve Bartkowski throwing in those gawdy red helmets! ;-)

As you can see from my avatar I like the white helmets, but even in the late seventies I was hoping we would go to red helmets. More agressive, you know, like football.

And for the fellow who ridiculously posited that 'red helmets have no place in pro football'- I guess being the best team in pro football for the better part of a decade doesn't count, huh?

As we approach championship status again, people will clamor for the championship look. Red.

I say we have one game where we go back to the original originals.. the detroit look! Hey if steelers can have their really ugly jersey (though i loved it) I think we should go to our first jersey. Our roots!Bills+Uniform+History.png

Edited by brenty

first of all, what the hell is wrong with me that I always feel compelled to comment in the laundry threads?

anyway, i finally like the uni's again, and I hope they leave them alone. Red helmets were ok, but I really like the current ones.

Leave them alone.

and no to pick on you r00tabaga, but wtf, who gives a @#$@# about the pro bowl?!

red helmets were dumb. White helmets, standing buffalo. Only way to go.

But like i said, I want a throwback from the 1960s!! GRAY!!!

Blue and gray is Detroit Lions and only represents Ralph's ties to Detroit. The first year, they really had no individual identity.

I prefer the white. BUT the SB years unis with the later red helmet (bigger streaking bison) is nice. Super Bowl years unis with white helmet and large streaking bison would be best! Or standing bison... BUT... No gray! It means nothing!