Don Banks of CNNSI has his 1st Mock Draft

NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Please no on Glennon

Echoing that sentiment.

Someone should get the message to OBD that there's just TWO (2) QB's worth taking in the 1st, -Geno Smith, and Tyler Wilson. That's it. Geno will be gone LONG before #8, which is good because I prefer Tyler Wilson anyway.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to point out something here. People say prospects are plummeting'' or shooting up draft boards. From what I've been able to gather thats a fallacy. Boards are set and prospects are graded pretty much non stop from their sophomore year. Teams are watching them. These bowl games, and combines are generally for teams to confirm what they think they already know. A guy might go up a round' or drop a round, but no one is flying up or down boards. Whats happening is these draft analysts are getting more info from NFL front offices about what players teams like and dislike. Just my 2 cents.

Dont be surprised if we take Warmack especially if Levitre walks. He is a 10 year starter and absolute road grader.

He is a great player, but I think we are spinning our wheels if we let Levitre walk then draft a guard to replace him. I have the feeling the best player available is going to be a pass rushing DE. There is a lot of depth at that position and I would have no problem if the bills drafted a guy to start opposite of Mario. Yes I know they gave Anderson big money. It seems like the South QBs stock is on the rise, so maybe the bills get a QB.

What you were more disappointed not getting Orakpo over Ngata?

Not matter what revisionist historians will tell you. Ngata was not a consensus, hands down Top 10 pick.

Where as Orakpo was clearly better than Maybin in almost every aspect, PT, combine, stats, eye ball test. There were som dip **** "experts" that liked "maybin's first step" but the consensus was Orakpo would not be available when the Bills picked.

The fact that the Bills could have drafted a clearly better, clearly higher rated player THAT PLAYED THE SAME POSITION as Maybin. Is far far far far far far far more disappointing than Wintner over Ngata. Then to have Orakpo go the very next pick . . .Not even close.

The Level of ineptitude to evaluate Maybin over Orakpo is breath taking.

Not matter what revisionist historians will tell you. Ngata was not a consensus, hands down Top 10 pick.

Where as Orakpo was clearly better than Maybin in almost every aspect, PT, combine, stats, eye ball test. There were som dip **** "experts" that liked "maybin's first step" but the consensus was Orakpo would not be available when the Bills picked.

The fact that the Bills could have drafted a clearly better, clearly higher rated player THAT PLAYED THE SAME POSITION as Maybin. Is far far far far far far far more disappointing than Wintner over Ngata. Then to have Orakpo go the very next pick . . .Not even close.

The Level of ineptitude to evaluate Maybin over Orakpo is breath taking.

You're right. It's really about the differential between the two players. Whitner is average, Ngata is very good. Maybin is a bit luxury role player on the edge of any NFL roster, and Orakpo is very good. Ngata may be the best player of the group, but it's the striking disparity between Maybin and Orakpo in filling the same role that makes that pick worse.

You're right. It's really about the differential between the two players. Whitner is average, Ngata is very good. Maybin is a bit luxury role player on the edge of any NFL roster, and Orakpo is very good. Ngata may be the best player of the group, but it's the striking disparity between Maybin and Orakpo in filling the same role that makes that pick worse.

Plus as usual the Browns turn out to be the biggest loser in every situation.

They traded Haloti Ngata to their division rival!!!

Wimberly + a 6th (Oshinowo) for Halotu Ngata to thier DIVISION RIVAL!!!!???

That is even more disappointing than the Bills Maybin pick.

That has to be top 5 worst/dumbest trades in NFL history.

It has to be the single dumbest draft day trade, what the hell is the upside to letting your toughest Division Opponent move up 1 spot in teh draft? A 6th round pick? Only if you're the Browns. At least make them pay with a 3rd.

They are taking the player you wanted to draft from you for a 6th round pick!!! It is just sooo stupid, it is hard to explain how stupid this trade is, you would have to spend an hour diagraming how stupid this trade is to clearly understand the amazing level of stupidity.

It makes no sense at all to do this ever.

One of the top 3 goals every year for the Cleveland Browns is to beat the Baltimore Ravens twice a season and your managements "say hmm. lets give the Ravens our pick, will cash in with a 6th round pick." What????? What???? It is amazing that this happened.

If the Jets want to move up to our spot in the 2013 draft, which is one pick. You make them pay and pay steep, like a 2014 1st, or you do not ever let your division rival get in front of you. Not for a 6th.

Only the Browns can beat the Bills in stupidity and ineptitude.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Plus as usual the Browns turn out to be the biggest loser in every situation.

They traded Haloti Ngata to their division rival!!!

Wimberly + a 6th (Oshinowo) for Halotu Ngata to thier DIVISION RIVAL!!!!???

That is even more disappointing than the Bills Maybin pick.

That has to be top 5 worst/dumbest trades in NFL history.

It has to be the single dumbest draft day trade

Partners in ineptitude, both trying to reclaim glory days of the 80s and early 90s.

He is a great player, but I think we are spinning our wheels if we let Levitre walk then draft a guard to replace him. I have the feeling the best player available is going to be a pass rushing DE. There is a lot of depth at that position and I would have no problem if the bills drafted a guy to start opposite of Mario. Yes I know they gave Anderson big money. It seems like the South QBs stock is on the rise, so maybe the bills get a QB.

I really doubt the Bills will let Levitre walk, and I think our new coach will be appealing to Levitre and he has already stated his heart is in Buffalo and thats his first choice. I really can not see the Bills not offering fair market value for him. The only real risk is some team giving him some gargantuan contract being his probably the top rated OL on the market. However, he is a guard I think that would be more of a risk if he was say a LT or something. This team has only a few really serious needs, so letting your best OL guy walk to create more serious holes is a bad model and I have faith that the current regime recognizes that, especially after they have spent a lot of money, draft picks and stuff lately building the lines on both sides of the ball

Echoing that sentiment.

Someone should get the message to OBD that there's just TWO (2) QB's worth taking in the 1st, -Geno Smith, and Tyler Wilson. That's it. Geno will be gone LONG before #8, which is good because I prefer Tyler Wilson anyway.

It amazes me that with *NO* indication of what the Bills are going to do that people feel they need to get 'the message'. I like how the Bills get held accountable for things they may do in the future. It is better to watch than Minority Report.

I don't know why we'd pass on Ryan Mallett in Round 3 and draft a sub-par facsimile in Round 1 just a couple of years later.

I could not possibly agree more. I know that Mallett serious had issues, but he also had 10x the talent of Wilson. It's been years since I saw a human throw a football like this kid. He could go long as good as Bledsoe, and had a better fastball than Kaepernick.

From watching a ton of his snaps, I see a QB who moves well within the pocket, has a great arm, actually has a knack of knowing which receiver to hit, and when to push downfield. I don't know where this "questionable decisionmaking" stuff comes from. Probably looking at his int numbers from this year, but my goodness were his receivers awful. Take a look for yourselves if you want.

He is also the best looking QB at the seniorbowl according to most sites. But then again I haven't watched it so I can't say for myself. That bleecher report link was the first "article" that was down on him.

I like how every year we all get into these QB debates (I'm actually quite fond of draft debates on here), but the truth is QBs in the draft are a total crapshoot. We all know it too. Oh well. I like: Geno, Wilson, Glennon, and (I waffle on) Nassib.

Finally, I think with the rookie pay scale in place, it's not absurd to cut your losses after one year. I would like to see us trot out a rookie QB until we find one with real promise - call me crazy.

Finally, I think with the rookie pay scale in place, it's not absurd to cut your losses after one year. I would like to see us trot out a rookie QB until we find one with real promise - call me crazy.

Exactly. Whoever we draft in the 8 spot is going to get a 4 yr deal worth a total of $13M. You don't ever want to miss on a 1st round pick, but if we do, the financial impact will be very small. I love the rookie pay scale.