Jamarcus Russell Making a Comeback

Maybe they could invite Jeff George to run a try-out camp for wayward QBs. Then we could have the TBD braintrust vote one off each week of training camp. What's the downside?!?

DING!!

Seriously! "There's nothing to lose" sounds like a challenge to the Buffalo Bills. Maybe instead of moving they can just get their franchise revoked.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously! "There's nothing to lose" sounds like a challenge to the Buffalo Bills. Maybe instead of moving they can just get their franchise revoked.

And there's no reason not to do the same thing with RBs. We certainly can't risk another injury to FJ again. Let's get Tiki Barber in here for a tryout. And did you realize Maurice Clarett is only 29? You're telling me he wouldn't be unstoppable on 3d and 1 behind our OL?? How are the Bills not taking advantage of that!!

And there's no reason not to do the same thing with RBs. We certainly can't risk another injury to FJ again. Let's get Tiki Barber in here for a tryout. And did you realize Maurice Clarett is only 29? You're telling me he wouldn't be unstoppable on 3d and 1 behind our OL?? How are the Bills not taking advantage of that!!

To say nothing of Lawrence Phillips. His violent running-style will really fit in here.

Wow. I second that idea lol. Maurice Clarett looked great during his one year at Ohio State. We can't leave any stone unturned just like others here are saying :P

To say nothing of Lawrence Phillips. His violent running-style will really fit in here.

Yup. Nothing to lose!

Bills training camp could look like the tryout scene from A League of Their Own. I bet Madonna has plenty of wide receiver experience.

How do you know all of this?

You know what dumbfounds me? People who put their opinions online as if they're facts while making a miserable attempt at insulting somenoe else.

Newsflash lunchbox, you don't know ****.

Well, I guess that's TBD. Glad to know that you know I am wrong though. What was that about opinions? Love hypocrisy.

Well, I guess that's TBD. Glad to know that you know I am wrong though. What was that about opinions? Love hypocrisy.

I'm aware of the 2-3 people who have legitimate sources and share what they know with us here. You're not one of them.

Now if you're saying you are, great! But be careful; things like what you posted have a tendancy to get saved. Then, when it's showtime, you're nowhere to be found.

I'm aware of the 2-3 people who have legitimate sources and share what they know with us here. You're not one of them.

Now if you're saying you are, great! But be careful; things like what you posted have a tendancy to get saved. Then, when it's showtime, you're nowhere to be found.

So it's all about proving someone else wrong, just to show them you were right. Really, get over yourself dude!

There are preliminary camps before the actual training camp leading up to the season.

Yes, there are, and these camps are generally for the purpose of evaluating rookie UDFA and signed rookies.

Are you saying we cant bring him in and have a look?

Obviously we can bring him in and have a look. I'm saying I think it's a really really really bad idea - a distraction and a waste of time.

Let the guy lose weight down to playing trim and play some minor league football somewhere, showing discipline and keeping his nose clean/amount of churn low.

Then maybe he's worth a look.

Right now he's just an out-of-shape fat ex-player who has done little to nothing to counter the widespread perception of indolence, self-indulgence, and sense of entitlement.

But then I thought VY was a bad idea last year. YMMV.

Well after hammering Joe on this one, it's only fair to mention that the Jets had an internal dialogue about JaMarcus Russell in the days following the firing of GM Mike Tannenbaum shortly after the season ended:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/28/jets-have-explored-jamarcus-russell/

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2013/01/with_a_few_names_in_fold_jets.html

More recently, after Tannenbaum was let go, members of the organization had some very exploratory, informal discussions regarding former Oakland Raiders quarterback JaMarcus Russell, the 2007 No. 1 overall pick who flamed out of the NFL after the 2009 season. Russell recently decided to mount a comeback in hopes of returning to the league next season.

He is a no go. Has given up his love for codeine? He tested hot for it in 2007 and his career basically ended with his arrest in 2010 for possession of codeine syrup without a prescription. Side effects are numerous but several (impaired judegement and mental function) were obvious to the Raiders staff. I want to see him get well first but mentally and physically. Get his life together. Addiction is a real B-tch. We all know someone who has struggled with it.

If he is clean and serious then he has to get into shape. 300 plus pounds won't cut it. Drop 50, prove that you are able to throw and that you are now clear headed. America loves those who triumph over adversity and will give a guy a second chance. JaMarcus...this is all on you. Give it your best shot and maybe you can stick as a back up in the NFL.

Maybe they could invite Jeff George to run a try-out camp for wayward QBs. Then we could have the TBD braintrust vote one off each week of training camp. What's the downside?!?

DING!!

C'mon guys, this is apples and oranges and you know it. Jamarcus is much younger and has less years between snaps. I understand you're trying to be funny but there is no comparison. Those other players have not announced they plan to return, and they're so old, not even Bills fans would be saying to sign them.

All I'm saying is the whole, "leave no stone unturned" idea. Maybe not bring him in to camp, just go visit him, give him a pro day type of workout and see what he does. That's it and that's all.

C'mon guys, this is apples and oranges and you know it. Jamarcus is much younger and has less years between snaps. I understand you're trying to be funny but there is no comparison. Those other players have not announced they plan to return, and they're so old, not even Bills fans would be saying to sign them.

All I'm saying is the whole, "leave no stone unturned" idea. Maybe not bring him in to camp, just go visit him, give him a pro day type of workout and see what he does. That's it and that's all.

Even the Jets aren't interested in him anymore. I'd be shocked if he got a workout

I don't think Adam Sandler has signed with anyone to play QB, has he?

Keanu Reeves looked really good in the Replacements behind that rag tag O-line. Imagine what he could do behind our hosses? We should reach out to him.