Jamarcus Russell Making a Comeback

Ja-normous blew his chance already. I have no desire to see him in a Bills uniform. Might as well call Ryan Leaf, Ryan Leaf, and J.P. Losman back for a tryout. :w00t:

There's more than one Ryan Leaf??

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GOgkbYUsNs

It's worth the 12 minutes of watching if you have not seen it on ESPN. I really hope he is sincere in his comeback.

I would not be against the Bills bringing him in for a tryout when that time does come.

That was an interesting story. Losing 40 pounds in a few months takes some serious dedication. Someone will give him a chance to make a roaster again. Not sure if Buddy would do that, doesnt seem like his MO, but someone will.

Good luck JaMarcus

This guy parlayed a single decent season into 32 million guaranteed. Turns out he wasn't that goodat QB--didn't belong in the NFL Oh well. At least he can live like a king on that massive check, right?

It's hard to generate a ton of sympathy for a guy like this because the league is nearly completely filled by other guys who lost relatives to disease or tragedy who have taken their very good fortune seriously. Now he's (somehow) broke and he wants another team to pay him more money to do what he clearly can't. He seems like a nice guy, but he should be thinking about making a living outside of the NFL because he can't make a roster. He brings nothing that 50 other, younger, better QBs recently graduated or coming out of college undrafted don't offer.

Good luck JaMarcus, but it's time to grow up and move on. And get a job.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GOgkbYUsNs

It's worth the 12 minutes of watching if you have not seen it on ESPN. I really hope he is sincere in his comeback.

I would not be against the Bills bringing him in for a tryout when that time does come.

I saw this the other night and I have to say I felt a little guilty for making fun of the kid as much as I did...He's kind of a big softy...But obviously the losses of both his Uncles hit him really, really hard...To see how emotional he still gets talking about them is proof...

I still think he's got to overcome his tendencies to be a bit lazy...But if he continues to work hard I have to say I'm actually rooting for him now...I hope he comes back and does well...I really do... B-)

If he would work THAT hard to get himself right, it would be a great story no matter whom he plays for. He'd have to endure a mountain of "no's" and ridicule and I root for anyone who wins that battle.

I saw this the other night and I have to say I felt a little guilty for making fun of the kid as much as I did...He's kind of a big softy...But obviously the losses of both his Uncles hit him really, really hard...To see how emotional he still gets talking about them is proof...

I still think he's got to overcome his tendencies to be a bit lazy...But if he continues to work hard I have to say I'm actually rooting for him now...I hope he comes back and does well...I really do... B-)

Agreed. Seems like a good kid that suffered through some terrible losses. I can only imagine what Marcel went through last year. Losing a younger brother must be horrible.

Russells problem wasn't that he didn't possess super QB physical skills, it was that he wasn't equipped for the thinking part of the game. Maybe with working with Garcia, he can change, and I think someone will give him a shot, and I'd pull for the kid, but it's a big if.

lets not get tooooo far ahead of ourselves. the man (note, im not sure when guys in their early/mid 20s were considered children) liked to party more than he liked to work. at some point you have to put blame squarely on him ditching for ditching the team to go to vegas.... he was never hugely serious about his craft - he could throw the ball a mile and liked attention. now hes broke and realizes if he can even make a 53 man roster he will make more in one game even if he doesnt dress than he would in a year at any other employment opportunity the guy would get.

the guy is a mess. he always has been, and sadly theres a better than average chance he always will be. finding someone to finance a PR campaign and gym membership doesnt change that.

I wish him the best on his road to getting back into football. It would be quite the story if he could get back to a roster and even start a few games. Hate to be a cynic, but is Garcia's angle in all of this that he has this new training center, and if he can change Russell he can change anybody. What ever the motivation, if it works, I would hire Jeff Garcia to just follow Russell around and make sure he doesn't blow it again.

lets not get tooooo far ahead of ourselves. the man (note, im not sure when guys in their early/mid 20s were considered children) liked to party more than he liked to work. at some point you have to put blame squarely on him ditching for ditching the team to go to vegas.... he was never hugely serious about his craft - he could throw the ball a mile and liked attention. now hes broke and realizes if he can even make a 53 man roster he will make more in one game even if he doesnt dress than he would in a year at any other employment opportunity the guy would get.

the guy is a mess. he always has been, and sadly theres a better than average chance he always will be. finding someone to finance a PR campaign and gym membership doesnt change that.

Great take on all of this. This guy will never make a roster. I can't even imagine a team that wants the stigmata of desperation that would accompany inviting him to their camp. He has nothing to offer except a somewhat sad story.

Great take on all of this. This guy will never make a roster. I can't even imagine a team that wants the stigmata of desperation that would accompany inviting him to their camp. He has nothing to offer except a somewhat sad story.

he started this comeback in 2010.... 3 full years ago he was cut, and hes been vowing to get into nfl shape and stop wasting opportunities since before that even, honestly. the only change as far as i can tell is he mustve found a new agent/pr firm that can infuse a little cash into the marketing side.

even if he can get back to the best in his career (which would be a huge feat) that guy wasnt an nfl caliber player. hes going to have to be better than he ever was and do so coming off three years on the outside without nfl practice reps (yet alone game speed), without nfl coaching.... theres no reason to believe in this guy any more than about 50 other qbs that have been churned out over the last decade that most would laugh at considering.

Well I said he was lazy...And he is...I just felt bad for the kid when they were talking about his Uncles...I mean...For someone, after this much time, to be unable to keep from balling when the deaths are mentioned simply shows he is effected in a way many, including me, would not be...I don't give him a pass on the rest...But I do hope he's seen the light because that's about the best way to honor his family...

Also...I do understand that Garcia has plenty to gain by getting Russell back in the NFL...But Garcia does not seem to be the type...to me at least...to take a chance on a guy that is 100% nonredeemable, especially considering Garcia was there to witness Russell's collapse...It just seems to me that Garcia is a bit of a straight shooter...Maybe even a bit of a prick to be honest...There has to be something Garcia sees in him...

Anyway...I certainly wont be surprised if Russell falls flat on his face again...He's good at it...But I do hope he turns it around...Not sure exactly why...But I do... B-)

If Garcia can make him into a legitimate NFL QB, he'll make more money as QB coach than he did as a QB.

More likely Garcia blew his own money and found himself 32 million reasons to help Jamarcus...

Not for the Bills thank you.

Too much guaranteed contract money was I suspect the root of the problem here.

I felt more sorry for the Coach who was overruled by Al Davis on draft day and later sacked.