Jamarcus Russell Making a Comeback

308 lbs? So we're gonna go with the mobile QB model this year, huh?

"

When I was drinking 'drank,' I wasn't thinking about what it could be doing to my health. I'm 180 pounds and, when I was on 'drank,' I was 240. It (has) so much sugar in it that it blows you up, and it makes you eat a lot, and then you got the soda." -- Al D

Edited by nonprophet

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not saying we can't do better than Fitz. But is Jamarcus Russell someone's idea of an improvement?

PTR

I can only speak for myself, but I wouldn't mind as many arms in TC as possible to duke it out. Why not a former 1st rd pick with a chip on his shoulders? I'm not saying he's an improvement, just some more camp fodder that can turn into more if he has the burn and drive.

We need a QB, badly. It would be criminal not to at least bring him in for a look. It's been a while, maybe he decided to grow up.

I'd take another look at Vince Young first.

VY actually performed at a high level in the NFL. He put together alot of game-winning drives, and is STILL twice the athlete and passer that ole "Purple Drank" ever was.

Sorry, but I am 100% done with Jamar-curse.

Edited by #34fan

Who knows? But is Alex smith, Flynn, glennon or Wilson in rd1, nassib in rd2, t Jackson the answer? Give em all a shot and find out. Like stevie said we need an open competition at the position. Unfortunately with chan once he gave the ball to fitz we never had that.

Like I've always said, you can't run to Wal-mart and get a franchise QB. 98% of the time you have to draft one. Rarely do you get lucky with a veteran free agent. And despite the annual frothing of the draftniks, there are years where no one is worth a damn.

PTR

Oh come on you're too hard on the guy. Bruce Smith was suspended for cocaine. Should we have cut ties with him too?

No one is "lusting" over him. Just saying give him a workout. Because, although you may not like it, it can't hurt.

You are 100% correct. It can't hurt. Chan brought in QB's last year he had no intention of using because he was married to the idea of Fitz as the QB. Try him out, and still act like he won't make the team when drafting, etc. If we end up with too many good QB's: (1) what a great problem; (2) the 49ers have that problem and can trade one.

I'd take another look at Vince Young first.

VY actually performed at a high level in the NFL. He put together alot of game-winning drives, and is STILL twice the athlete and passer that ole "Purple Drank" ever was.

Sorry, but I am 100% done with Jamar-curse.

try them both out. Bring in every QB that wants to start (except those currently on the roster) and try them out!!

I can only speak for myself, but I wouldn't mind as many arms in TC as possible to duke it out. Why not a former 1st rd pick with a chip on his shoulders? I'm not saying he's an improvement, just some more camp fodder that can turn into more if he has the burn and drive.

If all we are doing is having a PP&K contest, then yeah, invite him. Unfortunately there's more to being a good QB than being able to throw the farthest.

PTR

The chip on his shoulder is below about 8 rolls of fat right now

I don't buy it for one nano second. He probably pissed away $39m and needs some revenue. He's a lazy bastard and dispassionate about football. And to prove it, some team is going to bite and sign him to a minimum wage contract and he will end up being cut before the season because he won't put much effort into getting into shape or studying and grasping the mental part of the game. It's exactly why Vince Young was umemployed this past season.

Should bills at least give him a work out?

http://m.nfl.com/new...p1000000129925/

NO!

Yeah look how bad Vinny testeverde looked in Tampa. He didn't get quite as down and out as Russell, but probably not as much potential either. And Vinny resurrected his career with some strong play for the jets.

Viny wasn't out of football for 4 years and a total head case :wacko::thumbdown:

308 lbs? So we're gonna go with the mobile QB model this year, huh?

In all seriousness, if he can get himself into true game shape by the time training camps start, that would be pretty darn impressive, and I suppose he would be worth a tryout (no harm), but it seems like we would be setting ourselves up for disappointment again. As long as it does not prevent us from going down the path of pusuing QB's from the draft or FA, i guess we might as well.

I know I don't know anything about Marrone, but this type of project doesn't really seem his style.

Holy fatass! maybe he can play guard.

Don't say your coming back until ready to step on the field, what a joke must have run out of NFL money.

I could see him in Cincy or maybe with the Jets circus, but not Buffalo

Jets :lol::thumbsup:

Like I've always said, you can't run to Wal-mart and get a franchise QB. 98% of the time you have to draft one. Rarely do you get lucky with a veteran free agent. And despite the annual frothing of the draftniks, there are years where no one is worth a damn.

PTR

Agreed. The guy is useless. Should be a non topic. Why would anyone even think about bringing this guy in for a tryout. Absolutely worthless!

This isn't his second chance. He tried to come back a while ago. His life coach quit on him.

http://sports.yahoo....r_chance_041411

Yep.

He blew $39 million, was dumped by his very-respected life coach, and is now being mentored by a never was. He tried a comeback in 2010 but didn't bother extending his comeback attempts in 2011 or 2012. He lost 4% of his body weight (a guy that big could probably do that with a few trips to the outhouse) and is "pissed off" instead of comprehending about the way the media has portrayed him. Yeah, let's fly him in at our time and expense and get him suited up with gear.

You are 100% correct. It can't hurt. Chan brought in QB's last year he had no intention of using because he was married to the idea of Fitz as the QB. Bring in every QB that wants to start (except those currently on the roster) and try them out!!

I know this isn't your guys' idea but you DON'T want as many training camp arms as possible and it COULD hurt.

A message board like this can accommodate ever moron and every idiotic thought that happens by.

However an NFL team has a finite amount of time, energy, and resources to ration out towards players on the team and those aspiring to be on a team. Unlike a message board, they can't accommodate every delusional person.

The Bills (and other NFL teams) are not gonna waste their time on a 1,000,000 to 1 longshot when they can waste that same time on a 1000 to 1 longshot or even a 100 to 1 longshot.

If JaMarcus had followed through on his 2010 comeback attempt and showed some actual sustained effort, there might be some interest. But until he gets down to his Combine weight (265 pounds) and starts showing other signs of initiative besides bellyaching (ie- attending some QB Academies?), until he shows an actual earnest and sincere effort to become an NFL player, only delusional fans will entertain thoughts of making time for this guy.