Mike Freeman of CBS Almost Guaranteeing Alex Smith Landing in Buffalo

dgr81

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People will crap on this, but I'm cool with it as long as we draft a QB in rds 1-3

agreed. hes a solid vet. has good tools (have to, to be drafted that high), and has learned not to make mistakes. we could do far worse as our "hold the seat" guy.

that said, without a HC, this rumor is nothing more than a rumor.

Despite the recent successes of young QBs you still can't count on being able to hand one the keys day one and have him be an effective starter, so they need to have someone else in camp. Smith is an obvious upgrade over Fitz and would be a much better choice than other available vet FAs.

Almost guarantee? Geez. I can 100% guarantee that I have never heard of Mike Freeman until 2 seconds ago. That's what these guys do nowadays to try and make a name for themselves. Almost. 95% done. Sources say with near certainty. Whatever. They always leave an out. If they hit on a guess or two then people start following them. The Bills do not need Alex Smith. They do not need a "caretaker". They do not need a "stopgap". They need to draft a QB early and start him immediately. Half the playoff teams have rookie, 1st or 2nd year QB's starting.

Almost guarantee? Geez. I can 100% guarantee that I have never heard of Mike Freeman until 2 seconds ago. That's what these guys do nowadays to try and make a name for themselves. Almost. 95% done. Sources say with near certainty. Whatever. They always leave an out. If they hit on a guess or two then people start following them. The Bills do not need Alex Smith. They do not need a "caretaker". They do not need a "stopgap". They need to draft a QB early and start him immediately. Half the playoff teams have rookie, 1st or 2nd year QB's starting.

ill go along with this.

mike freeman is one of the most connected nfl reporters there is. you're showing your ignorance.