Russ Brandon named President/CEO

Wagon Circler

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK well that's what I thought, but in the context it was being used, didn't seem to make much sense to mean that.

I suppose it goes back to what a HS geography teacher once said about he f word. It's amazing in that people use it al lthe time as a noun, verb, adverb, adjective, and whatever else those things were called when you diagrammed sentences in English 101. I wonder if they now diagrammed text messages in HS english??

If you have to ask, you'll never know, mofo.

Look it up...on urban dictionary.

Euphemism for MF.

Looking ahead, I see this as a good thing for those of us who want to keep the Bills in Buffalo. Russ Brandon is now the de facto owner of the team. That's a sweet gig.

I foresee him being highly motivated to keep such a great job after Ralph's passing, and the only way to do that is to try to organize an ownership group which would give him an initially small equity stake and employ him as a "General Partner," ala Al Davis in Oakland in the '60s.

I give Russ a significantly better chance of succeeding in that endeavor than I do Jim Kelly.

Edited by Maguire's Beer

Lets fully understand the situation before jumping to conclusions. All this means is that they no longer have to check in with Ralph. Brandon is going to let Buddy and Whaley run the football operations and they will report to Brandon. Basically Brandon is now the de-facto owner and Ralph will no longer meddle in the teams affairs. This team has no limits and can hire anyone without Ralph's approval. This is a great thing for the Bills organization.

YES....As long as two things take place:

Brandon properly delegates to the "football men" to make the decisions THEY want. Not that he has to rubber stamp everything. But allows them to "do their jobs", if you will

and

Mr. Wilson keeps to his promise not to meddle or override them.

I have LITTLE confidence either one of these two conditions will be met.

OK well that's what I thought, but in the context it was being used, didn't seem to make much sense to mean that.

I suppose it goes back to what a HS geography teacher once said about he f word. It's amazing in that people use it al lthe time as a noun, verb, adverb, adjective, and whatever else those things were called when you diagrammed sentences in English 101. I wonder if they now diagrammed text messages in HS english??

The nuns had us diagram sentences all the time...unfortunately, I couldn't do it today!

This may make what was a very odd, amorphous situation at 1 Bills Drive much more concrete and known to franchise outsiders.

In other words, this could help bring in a better coach, b/c the overall situation of "how things work" with the Bills is now clarified.

And Brandon did just have dinner with Gruden, didn't he?

The one thing we CAN offer a top shelf coaching candidate is "total control and ability to run your own show".

With this move, maybe that is precisely what they have planned.

Looking ahead, I see this as a good thing for those of us who want to keep the Bills in Buffalo. Russ Brandon is now the de facto owner of the team. That's a sweet gig.

I foresee him being highly motivated to keep such a great job after Ralph's passing, and the only way to do that is to try to organize an ownership group which would give him an initially small equity stake and employ him as a "General Partner," ala Al Davis in Oakland in the '60s.

I give Russ a significantly better chance of succeeding in that endeavor than I do Jim Kelly.

Someone's using their thinking cap!