So the next coach.....

NoSaint

one thing about casserly... he knows mario as a player. well. like REALLY well. makes me feel good about our defensive line if lovie is the guy.

add to that lovie was willing to make forte the star of their offense...

he could be a reasonable one.

Lovie is my choice at this point, but we need to fill some gaps still since the previous crew has been tossed.

Smith is a very good defensive guy so getting the right OC along with him, knowing it's a rookie QB taking the helm soon enough, is key.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lovie is my choice at this point, but we need to fill some gaps still since the previous crew has been tossed.

Smith is a very good defensive guy so getting the right OC along with him, knowing it's a rookie QB taking the helm soon enough, is key.

trust me you dont want lovie. he is a better version of dick jauron. cover 2 conervative approach. ask bears fans

Rob Johnson went to the playoffs. It doesn't mean he was the reason. The bengals did a LOT more than draft those two guys. The key was AJ green though.

You need to fact check that one buddy.

And yes I'm aware he played in the game against Tennessee.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

THE GUY IVE HEARD RUMORED IS DOM CAPERS,WITH KEVIN GREENE AS DC,,NO IDEA WHO WOULD RUN THE OFFENSE BUT BOTH KNOW WHALEY FROM PITT.

TALK TO JACK DEL RIO AGAIN ,HE NEARLY CAME HERE WITH LEWIS'S TILL HIS WIFE SAID NO.

isnt that full of tidbits. where you hearing those rumors? (ie are they rumors from some credible source, or just some gossip connecting dots)

THE GUY IVE HEARD RUMORED IS DOM CAPERS,WITH KEVIN GREENE AS DC,,NO IDEA WHO WOULD RUN THE OFFENSE BUT BOTH KNOW WHALEY FROM PITT.

TALK TO JACK DEL RIO AGAIN ,HE NEARLY CAME HERE WITH LEWIS'S TILL HIS WIFE SAID NO.

Wouldnt they be 3-4 defense guys????

Mike Zimmer would instantly improve this defense by about a 1000 yards and 7 points a game.

trust me you dont want lovie. he is a better version of dick jauron. cover 2 conervative approach. ask bears fans

I have read some of that. Just considering options.

If we picked L S i am saying we better get our offensive coordinator well sorted. and he better be able to handle the rook we draft

No offense intended but why should I trust your opinion more than I trust my own?

And aren't Bears fans likely to be just as misinformed as Bills fans or any NFL fans (ie- Steelers fans wanting to fire Tomlin)?

Why would I want to trust the opinion of "Bears fans?"

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

He's been pretty successful. After going 5-11 in his first season He's had 5 winning seasons against 2 losing seasons (both 7-9) and one year of 8-8. And all this w/ the likes of Kyle Orton, Rex Grossman, & often injured Jay Cutler. I'll take that.

No offense intended but why should I trust your opinion more than I trust my own?

And aren't Bears fans likely to be just as misinformed as Bills fans or any NFL fans (ie- Steelers fans wanting to fire Tomlin)?

so a better version of dick jauron....would that even be a bad thing?

DJ was the always 7-9 guy. if we can get an always 9-7 guy, youre always in the hunt, no?

surely there's someone out there in AZ to help fitz with his footwork so his accuracy improves and he doesn't throw as many int's... perhaps he can work with him this offseason...

i bet we could find a guy thats good at the wildcat too.

Not going to be easy to get a top guy to come here. We are Buffalo you know.....Philly, SD, Bears...etc open. I may get blasted but I think Wade Phillips would be a good choice. I know he coaches a 3-4 but we had some of our best defenses with him. I think it will be difficult to get him to leave Texas but a HC job may do it. I would prefer someone who knows the league and knows how to coach a defense. As bad as the offense was the D was the worst in the league. 600 yards to 49ers??

It's painfully, obvious that you do not know Buffalo. It's a pathetic observation. Wade is a good D-C, but not a good HC

We need a head coach who has been a winner in the NFL. I see Chip Kelly failing after two years and running back to college ball. It is time to open up the check book and sign a real proven NFL coach. I don't want more offensive and defensive coordinators who have never been a Head NFL coach (Grimm, Gruden,, Horton etc. We need a real NFL coach that is going to get the fans excited to buy season tickets. Gailey, Malarkey, Jauron, Williams were all second tier coaching candidates that failed. I also don't trust Buddy Nix to pick the next head coach.He tried and failed and is mad that Gailey was fired. You can stick continuity up his ass. We need a coach who can coach on game day and recruit top assistant coaches. My top three are 1. Cowher, 2. Jon Gruden, 3. Jimmy Johnson

The NFL trend is to hire offensive head coaches. It is easier to get a defensive coordiantor than an offensive coordinator. I foresee them getting a young coach from a successful staf. The D-Coordinator can be a name coach that needs to spruce up a resume. Guys like Brian Bilick want back in the NFL.

all of that aside why would you want lovie smith? what does he bring to the table? you do know dick jauron went 13-3 with the bears team way back right? dont judge the man by his record. he has so much talent in chicago, underachieved to say the least

I would LOVE to see a GM David Caldwell/HC Greg Roman combo... B-)

I checked out video of Greg Roman interviews and he seems like way too much of a low key guy to be a head coach. We don't need crazy emotion, but we also don't need another guy with a low key style like we had with Jauron and Gailey.

The next guy must have some sort of pep to him. In those interviews I saw, that's not Greg Roman.

what about ken whisenhunt? am i the only one on here who thinks he should get hired? i understand he had a terrible year but not to long ago the man was in the superbowl. offensive tough coach who preaches disicipline

I like this idea. I don't follow the Cardinals very closely, but it seems to me that Wisenhunt is a good coach who fell victim to a terrible QB situation not of his making. If there are any Arizona residents who follow the team more closely, I'm willing to listen and learn.

all of that aside why would you want lovie smith? what does he bring to the table? you do know dick jauron went 13-3 with the bears team way back right? dont judge the man by his record. he has so much talent in chicago, underachieved to say the least

Lovie went to the Super Bowl with Rex Grossman at quarterback. His defensive nucleus (Urlacher, Briggs, Tillman) has been old for about 5 years now. He has consistently been given zero talent at offensive line. Brandon Marshall is the first true number one wide receiver that he's ever coached.

As I've said elsewhere today I don't think Jerry Angelo did a very good job in providing talent for the Bears and I view Lovie as a guy who overachieved given his talent. You see it differently.

But when I asked you why I should trust your opinion, I was thinking that maybe you live in Chicago and watch the team very closely, have seen every game, etc.

I like this idea. I don't follow the Cardinals very closely, but it seems to me that Wisenhunt is a good coach who fell victim to a terrible QB situation not of his making. If there are any Arizona residents who follow the team more closely, I'm willing to listen and learn.

For some reason I have a positive association with Whisenhunt in my mind, but I'm not sure why. Despite stumbling across Kurt Warner I can't think of any positives from his time in AZ.

It's painfully, obvious that you do not know Buffalo. It's a pathetic observation. Wade is a good D-C, but not a good HC

This coming from a guy called Bring Back Kelly. I know Buffalo very well and we are not at the top of the list for the best coaches. I know Wade is not a great HC but his D was good enough to give you a chance to win. Haven't had a defense since he left.

Edited by nucci

As a Bears fan, you'd be lucky to land Lovie. He's nowhere near what Jauron was. I'm totally sorry to see Lovie go and I know a lot of other Bears fans that feel the same. Stop listening to the meatheads. Instead of getting rid of Lovie, they should have fired an inept Mike Tice and cut every offensive lineman on the team.

Lovie went to the Super Bowl with Rex Grossman at quarterback. His defensive nucleus (Urlacher, Briggs, Tillman) has been old for about 5 years now. He has consistently been given zero talent at offensive line. Brandon Marshall is the first true number one wide receiver that he's ever coached.

As I've said elsewhere today I don't think Jerry Angelo did a very good job in providing talent for the Bears and I view Lovie as a guy who overachieved given his talent. You see it differently.

But when I asked you why I should trust your opinion, I was thinking that maybe you live in Chicago and watch the team very closely, have seen every game, etc.

Spot on.

I feel like getting stinking drunk all of a sudden. :-(