Thurman Thomas

K-Gun10

Polian was great in Buffalo. Both for the bills and the fans. Met him a couple of times, and it was a great experience and yes he did like it in Buffalo. He will have his kids interests in most likely with anything he does IF he comes back in the league. Probably not something Ralph would be comfortable with IMO.

Polian is far from a spring chicken now, and although would fire up a depressed fan base. Re-hiring him now could be the equivalent of when the fish hired the Tuna. Meaning the magic is gone. Just my opinion of rehiring and hoping someone captures lightning in a bottle twice.

The cynic in me would be if they offered him a gig, ticket sales would be the first reason the hire is made.

Look how the modern NFL makes Nix/Gailey and the stache look like the old men they are. Keep that in mind with a Polian rebuild.

old doesn't mean ineffective, it's a matter of getting the job done or not.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Polian was great in Buffalo. Both for the bills and the fans. Met him a couple of times, and it was a great experience and yes he did like it in Buffalo. He will have his kids interests in most likely with anything he does IF he comes back in the league. Probably not something Ralph would be comfortable with IMO.

Polian is far from a spring chicken now, and although would fire up a depressed fan base. Re-hiring him now could be the equivalent of when the fish hired the Tuna. Meaning the magic is gone. Just my opinion of rehiring and hoping someone captures lightning in a bottle twice.

The cynic in me would be if they offered him a gig, ticket sales would be the first reason the hire is made.

Look how the modern NFL makes Nix/Gailey and the stache look like the old men they are. Keep that in mind with a Polian rebuild.

I would like Polian back as something like President of Football Operations, helping to oversee the search for a new GM and Head Coach but not actually overseeing the building of a roster. He did alright in Indy, but he also had one of the best QB's of the modern era and never had a good D. I respect his football knowledge and all, but I don't want him building the roster.

I went back to find the twitter exchange between Simon and Thurman...but now it's gone which makes me even more curious...Simon said something like "good thing the CEO and GM want to stay the course because it's clearly working"...Thurman replied "Polian said the same thing to" referring to his recent WGRZ interview...Simon said, "I think Polian was just being politically correct because if you're a GM looking for a job you don't talk about firing people"...Thurman responded with a thumbs up...

Now with Thurman's announcement I'm really curious...especially since I can't find the twitter exchange now. Wondering if Thurman deleted it because it was too forthcoming.

...and yes...I'm so desperate the Bills to make any kind of professional move to their front office that I have grasped at a whole bunch of straws. A truck full actually.

man a lot of you guys are being very disrespectful, Thurman and Jim were every thing to this team and are still active with the Bills and community

Correct, they collect checks with the bills. Kelly has been on the payroll since the day he hung them up. Nothing wrong with it. A lot of professional franchises do it. It's not unique.

Keep that in mind with retired players acting as cheerleaders. Thurman moved back to WNY because he saw opportunity. That would mean financial opportunity. They were both legends in their day. But I can say with a fair amount of confidence they are privy to nothing regarding short term FO or roster moves. They are no longer professional football men by any means. They are promotional people only.

If Polian comes back, I would think he'd possibly be president with Whaley elevated to GM? If you bring Polian back to be GM, that pushes Whaley out and you lose a guy that was by all accounts being groomed to be the next GM. He's young and ambitious and would probably be willing to go somewhere else with some promise of a transition to GM. Or he'd leave altogether for a different opportunity. Nothing says a vote of no confidence like bringing someone else in to take a job you thought you were in line for.

I saw a tweet a few weeks ago that Stew Barber is actually the same age as Buddy Nix!

Must have been one of Buddy's tweets.

:)

If Polian comes back, I would think he'd possibly be president with Whaley elevated to GM? If you bring Polian back to be GM, that pushes Whaley out and you lose a guy that was by all accounts being groomed to be the next GM. He's young and ambitious and would probably be willing to go somewhere else with some promise of a transition to GM. Or he'd leave altogether for a different opportunity. Nothing says a vote of no confidence like bringing someone else in to take a job you thought you were in line for.

This sounds like a likely scenario and one I'd be good with. I'm not so hot on Polian being GM as I would be as him as president.

Also I hope that if Polian is hired that his son (Chris?) isn't hired into a position of power. That kid still needs to pay his dues.

Correct, they collect checks with the bills. Kelly has been on the payroll since the day he hung them up. Nothing wrong with it. A lot of professional franchises do it. It's not unique.

Keep that in mind with retired players acting as cheerleaders. Thurman moved back to WNY because he saw opportunity. That would mean financial opportunity. They were both legends in their day. But I can say with a fair amount of confidence they are privy to nothing regarding short term FO or roster moves. They are no longer professional football men by any means. They are promotional people only.

yes but the Thurman drinking comments are shameful and low blows

Must have been one of Buddy's tweets.

:)

This sounds like a likely scenario and one I'd be good with. I'm not so hot on Polian being GM as I would be as him as president.

Also I hope that if Polian is hired that his son (Chris?) isn't hired into a position of power. That kid still needs to pay his dues.

Most of the complaints I've heard/read out of Indy were about Chris not Bill...Polian would not come here as GM...He would definitely want the President job...And I think obviously he would like to bring his kid in to be the GM...I'm not too crazy about that combination to be honest...And if Whaley, or Nix, stuck around I think it would be a clusterf***...So...I guess we'll see...Or maybe not...Who knows... B-)

I don't think the point has been made in this thread yet so I'll say it:

Hiring Polian as president would restore a great deal of credibility to this organization, credibility which has been missing since probably around the last year of Tom Donahoe's tenure.

The reason the Bills have had a hard time hiring credible coaches and GMs is because of the lack of credibility in their front office.

On the heels of the lease agreement, the hiring of Polian could do much to help restore the idea that the Bills are once again a team worth working for.

JMO.

Hiring Polian as president would restore a great deal of credibility to this organization, credibility which has been missing since probably around the last year of Tom Donahoe's tenure.

The reason the Bills have had a hard time hiring credible coaches and GMs is because of the lack of credibility in their front office.

On the heels of the lease agreement, the hiring of Polian could do much to help restore the idea that the Bills are once again a team worth working for.

JMO.

Very good point.

Would he demand a small piece of ownership in return? 3-5% vesting over, say, 7 years?

Here in Indy it has been rumored that Polian and son are interested in the KC job. I'd bring Bill in as a senior adviser and promote Whaley as GM. Chris Polian is a toxic individual who rubbed everyone the wrong way here. DON'T hire him! I hope Thurman's tweet was an oemn of good news and not the same old recycle garbage the Bills have been dealing for the past decade. Long shot...Jim Kelly as new team Pres.

Guess what? Jim Kelly is good news for the Buffalo Bills. You should be thanking your lucky starts he gives a crap about Buffalo and this team.

. No ****

Here in Indy it has been rumored that Polian and son are interested in the KC job. I'd bring Bill in as a senior adviser and promote Whaley as GM. Chris Polian is a toxic individual who rubbed everyone the wrong way here. DON'T hire him! I hope Thurman's tweet was an oemn of good news and not the same old recycle garbage the Bills have been dealing for the past decade. Long shot...Jim Kelly as new team Pres.

What did polian sound do

https://twitter.com/...955819631378432

Any ideas on what this could be

One thing i did get out of it is - #1sens fans IS A COMPLETE ASS BAG & SHOULD BE BAN FROM USING ANY MEDIA THAT HAS ANY MORAL COMPASS WHAT SO EVER THIS GUT IS A SCUMBAG & I DON'T CARE WHO KNOWS IT !!

READ HIS REPLY ON THAT TWITTER FEED WHAT A JACK ASS !!

JMO.

This x1,000,000

One thing i did get out of it is - #1sens fans IS A COMPLETE ASS BAG & SHOULD BE BAN FROM USING ANY MEDIA THAT HAS ANY MORAL COMPASS WHAT SO EVER THIS GUT IS A SCUMBAG & I DON'T CARE WHO KNOWS IT !!

READ HIS REPLY ON THAT TWITTER FEED WHAT A JACK ASS !!

Sad, real sad. I've only looked at twitter recently to keep up on the NHL lockout fron tsn.ca. But this only reinforces my disdain for social media and the trolls on it. We all may argue or disagree from time to time here but that guys got issues and should be severely beatn.

spare me this sort of hero worship? how are they active in the community? by appearing in Dental Implant Seminar Ads, and Salen's Hot Dog commercials?

being disrespectful? you act as if these guys are a religion. they were great players. now they are men. i invite everyone to mock them as much as they deserve. in this case, it's been clear for sometime that thurman thomas has taken too many hits to the head and is a bit looney tunes. i'm not joking -- the guy has a screw loose.

man a lot of you guys are being very disrespectful, Thurman and Jim were every thing to this team and are still active with the Bills and community

I just looked at his twitter and he was saying around that time, meaning he's going to bed. He wasn't answering anybody's question.

I saw but could not hear Channel 2 news tonight, and they had the original tweet on the screen and then a bunch of Polian interviews, etc. So, they apparently are running with that angle!

Okay so you have a master's degree.

To what do you attribute your almost constant misspellings and general botching of the English language?

Posting drunk?

Just curious.

. Drunk and tired

Guessing it is a masters in elementary ed or something like that.

. It is!

RELIABILITY METER (#1 is best.......#16 is worst)

#1- nevergiveup

#2- BuffaloATL

#3- metzelaars_lives

#4- kelly blue book

#5- farmers almanac

#6- nostradamus

#7- TMZ

#8- punxsutawney phil

#9- weatherman

#10- economist

#11- ESPN Insiders

#12- psychic