Bills could draft #3 overall

truth on hold

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if we get the #3 pick we take the best QB available...

DO NOT fall for the Te'o hype... he is a good leader, but not a top 5 caliber player

Chiefs will make an effort to get Alex Smith, and then go QB in round 2. That team needs more than just at QB.

Jags will stick with Henne, and make an effort to get Tebow. They will draft defense.

If and IF we get the third pick, we can get Geno

He's the best MLB prospect to come out in years. I have watched every game he's ever played in college and he is amazing. I don't throw homer praise out either. I called Quinn being a bust and thought Claussen would be marginally better. Te'o will be a pro bowler by year 2

I doubt we get the 3rd pick:

Jacksonville 2-12 NE, Tenn (still to play)

Kansas City 2-12 Ind, DAL

Philadelphia 4-10 Wash, NYG

Raiders 4-10 Car, SD

Detroit 4-10 Atl, Chi

Tenn 5-9 GB, Jax (5-9 if they hold on against Jets tonight)

Cleveland 5-9 Den, Pitt

San Diego 5-9 NYJ, Raiders

Carolina 5-9 Raiders, NO

Arizona 5-9 Chi, SF

So, we can't catch Jax or KC

Titans: I could see going 1-1 to be 5-11 (losing to GB, beating Jax)

Raiders: Could probably go 1-1 or 0-2 against Car and SD to end up 4-12 or 5-11

Philly: Could lose 2 against Was and NYG to go 4-12

Detroit: Could go 0-2 or 1-1 against Atl and Chi to be 4-12 or 5-11

Cleveland: Could lose to both Den and Pitt to go 5-11

San Diego: Could go 0-2, 1-1, or 2-0 against Jets and Oak to be 5-11 to 7-9

Carolina: Could go 1-1 or 2-0 against Oak and NO and go 6-10

Arizona: Could go 0-2 against Chi and SF to go 5-11

So, if Bills lose out, most likely scenario would be (if I guessed outcomes accurately) something like:

Jax 2-14

KC 2-14

Philly 4-12

Raiders 4-12

Detroit 4-12

Tenn 5-11

Cleve 5-11

Arizona 5-11

Bills 5-11

San Diego 6-10

Carolina 7-9

So, my best guess is the Bills will pick between 6 and 9.

Edited by folz

Well all I know is we will have a top ten pick... I also wanna add that I'll take Barkley if he's available wherever we pick... I know almost everybody hates him on this board but I don't... He's better than Fitz and he hasn't even stepped foot on an NFL field yet... If not QB in 1st round, I would like to go for Matt Moore or McElroy from the Jets or even Chad Henne...

AS of now.....Buffalo is #7If they lose 2 games the most realistic position they can make is #5...they can make #3.After next week the order is pretty set because little fluctuation in strength of victory can occur. because of the schedule being you play your division and then two other divisions and 2 positional games...and thy close with all divisional games....it means the only fluctuation will occur with the teams non common games and how they do in their game.1 112 KC 2 12 ind den buf ind2 122 JAX 2 12 ne ten cin oak3 105 OAK 4 10 car sd jax mia4 115 PHL 4 10 was nyg det az5 127 DET 4 10 atl chi phl car6 100 SD 5 9 jets oak ten jets7 110 BUF 5 9 mia jets kc cle8 112 CLE 5 9 den pit ind buf9 114 TEN 5 9 gb jax pit sd10 115 CAR 5 9 oak no chi sea11 125 AZ 5 9 chi sf atl phl

Edited by djp14150

He's the best MLB prospect to come out in years. I have watched every game he's ever played in college and he is amazing. I don't throw homer praise out either. I called Quinn being a bust and thought Claussen would be marginally better. Te'o will be a pro bowler by year 2

wrong... I have watched his college games, AND high school games... great talent, great leader, amazing story, but not a dominant NFL level player

if we get the #3 pick we take the best QB available...

DO NOT fall for the Te'o hype... he is a good leader, but not a top 5 caliber player

Chiefs will make an effort to get Alex Smith, and then go QB in round 2. That team needs more than just at QB.

Jags will stick with Henne, and make an effort to get Tebow. They will draft defense.

If and IF we get the third pick, we can get Geno

There is no QB worth a reach at number 3.. Reaching for picks/needs is what has this team in a hole... You take the best LB/DE available period..Mingo, Jones or Werner FSU... I hate Fitz but the Bills need immediate impact players early in the draft..There are to many holes on defense.. and they still need a Big WR like Allen if all else fails in the 1st round. I won't get my hopes up with Nix that is for sure

Well all I know is we will have a top ten pick... I also wanna add that I'll take Barkley if he's available wherever we pick... I know almost everybody hates him on this board but I don't... He's better than Fitz and he hasn't even stepped foot on an NFL field yet... If not QB in 1st round, I would like to go for Matt Moore or McElroy from the Jets or even Chad Henne...

Barkley will be a turnover machine in the NFL....That said the Bills will probably draft him.... Whoever they draft at QB will most likely watch the $59 Million Dollar Man work for another season and learn what not to to do... .

I'm just tired of watching the Bills waste 1st and 2nd round picks in the draft over the years...This team needs immediate impact on the defense in the 1st 2 or 3 rounds. Best course is try to improve immediately in early rounds on defense (LB's) and maybe get 2 middle/late round qbs if possible...

OK, here's the real SOS of the top 11 teams:

1) Kansas City 2-12 (.500)

2) Jacksonville 2-12 (.540)

3) Oakland 4-10 (.455)

4) Philadelphia 4-10 (.513)

5) Detroit 4-10 (.567)

6) San Diego 5-9 (.460)

7) Buffalo 5-9 (.491)

8) Cleveland 5-9 (.500)

9t) Tennessee 5-9 (.513)

9t) Carolina 5-9 (.513)

11) Arizona 5-9 (.558)

3) Oakland 4-10 (.455)

5) Detroit 4-10 (.567)

6) San Diego 5-9 (.460)

7) Buffalo 5-9 (.491)

8) Cleveland 5-9 (.500)

9t) Tennessee 5-9 (.513)

9t) Carolina 5-9 (.513)

11) Arizona 5-9 (.558)

Ahead of the Bills, KC, Jax, and Oak all need a QB. Hope the Bills don't force it with a reach QB pick at their spot.

They better get this right!!!

OK so 3 overall is on the table but unlikely mostly because it would require oakland winning last 2 (assuming relative SoS don't change). Next least likely is eagles winning even 1.

Lions and chargers though I could see winning 1. If bills lose out that puts us 5th.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

3) Oakland 4-10 (.455)

5) Detroit 4-10 (.567)

6) San Diego 5-9 (.460)

7) Buffalo 5-9 (.491)

8) Cleveland 5-9 (.500)

9t) Tennessee 5-9 (.513)

9t) Carolina 5-9 (.513)

11) Arizona 5-9 (.558)

If the relative SoS stayed the same we moved from 7 to 6 with chargers beating jets. Best case we get to 4th if we lose next week (jets) and lions (bears) and eagles (giants) win.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

If the relative SoS stayed the same we moved from 7 to 6 with chargers beating jets. Best case we get to 4th if we lose next week (jets) and lions (bears) and eagles (giants) win.

It's entirely possible that only one of the teams in front of us will take a QB with their first pick.

the most astonishing thing about that list is that there are 5 teams worse than us?!

Here's the real scary thing: a win against jets next week (which I think will happen) could very well bump us out of the top 10 drafting ! Are you kidding me? As bad as we are we may not even draft in top 10?!!??

I'm not home right now so I can't update the Standings till tonight...

If the bills do beat the jets im near certain they can't pass the jets...steelers non common games were steelers and chargers...combined 13 wins...bills played chiefs and browns...a combined 7 wins.

I'm not home right now so I can't update the Standings till tonight...

If the bills do beat the jets im near certain they can't pass the jets...steelers non common games were steelers and chargers...combined 13 wins...bills played chiefs and browns...a combined 7 wins.

I dont think we can finish behind Jets either in draft order, but a win by us and a loss by ..

Browns (Steelers)

Titans (Jags)

Cards (9ers)

Chargers (Raiders)

Drops us to 10th.

Losses by Panthers (Saints) and Bucs(Falcons) would tie us with them in W/L, what I don't know are their SoS. Not knowing that it's possible we could drop as low as 12.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Geno Smith may go #1 overall...In fact it's still likely...After that it's wide open certainly...Too many people are looking at Barkley...And that's not where we should be looking...IMHO, the other QB's that can fly up after the Sr Bowl and Combine based on their potential are Mike Glennon, and Tyler Wilson...I think when it's all said and done 3 QB's will go in the Top 15...I'm just not sure which yet...But I REALLY doubt Barkley is one of them... B-)

They need to take the best talent available with their first pick. Then trade back into rd. 1 to get a QB if need be.

They need to take the best talent available with their first pick. Then trade back into rd. 1 to get a QB if need be.

OR, trade down and pick up extra picks to re-package for a subsequent move up.

In other words, if the Bills are drafting 7th, possibly move back to 15 and trade back into the first at around 20.

No thanks...That strategy leaves you desperate if a couple QB's you did not expect to be Drafted come off the board after you pick high in the 1st...That approach is what leads to picks like JP Losman, and McCargo...That kind of Draft strategy is for Teams that can gamble a bit at the QB position...The Bills cant gamble...They need a QB NOW...They better get one with that 1st Pick, especially with this crop coming out...Otherwise they risk being left out in the cold...Again... B-)

No thanks...That strategy leaves you desperate if a couple QB's you did not expect to be Drafted come off the board after you pick high in the 1st...That approach is what leads to picks like JP Losman, and McCargo...That kind of Draft strategy is for Teams that can gamble a bit at the QB position...The Bills cant gamble...They need a QB NOW...They better get one with that 1st Pick, especially with this crop coming out...Otherwise they risk being left out in the cold...Again... B-)

I agree with this. I mean for chrissakes enough already it's been nearly two decades since Jimbo stepped away. They should've gone all in for RGIII or Cam when they had the chance. In fact, name another standout player on the Colts, Redskins or Panthers. Those teams are all about one player - and it's the one player we haven't had for nearly TWO FREAKIN' DECADES. Just do what you gotta do to get a professional quarterback in here, enough pussyfooting around.